Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Good Reasons to give why you do graff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The_NaMEz_BaNKz, Mar 8, 2008.

Share This Page

1. simple zen

simple zen Elite Member

tonight i was out with my boy and his sis... figured we wouldn't be bothered if we were with a chick but it sucked fuckin' BALLLSSS to be honest. she was bitching the whole damn time and she was beggin' to come along. playin' shawty got fuckin low on the way there god damn it i hate high school girls. only the plastic ones though.

2. Basic954

Basic954 Senior Member

If you have to come to an online forum to find a good reason to do graffiti then you shouldn't be doing it at all. That just shows how ignorant you are to the true spirit and drive behind graff.

3. hammer_time

hammer_time Banned

thank you, id give you a cookie but i dont have money to buy cookies

4. ReppingSkimMilk

ReppingSkimMilk Member

5. Slushi

Slushi Banned

6. Proper

Proper Elite Member

That has to be the gheyest sig on BS, hands down.

7. weak0ner

weak0ner Moderator

for the big booty bitches.

8. The_NaMEz_BaNKz

The_NaMEz_BaNKz Elite Member

lol......baby make ya booty talk...

9. hammer_time

hammer_time Banned

amedia.ebaumsworld.com_picture_ebsupra_fail.jpg

it said good reasons not lame "i wanna go to art school some day" reasons

i hear alot of hip kids arent even writing graffiti anymore, c'mon lets go.....

10. The_NaMEz_BaNKz

The_NaMEz_BaNKz Elite Member

so when i dead and gone *****s gonna remember my name...

11. Allthegoodnamesaretaken

Allthegoodnamesaretaken Senior Member

12. geritto

geritto Senior Member

i do it cuz i fuckin can

13. fannypack uprock

fannypack uprock Elite Member

methinks if you feel like you need a good reason to give why you do it then possibly you shouldnt be doing it? i personally need no sort of validation.

14. Alyssa

Alyssa New Member

If you've seen the documentary Bomb It, they bring up a lot of good arguments defending graffiti. The biggest points they bring up revolve around the idea that the government claims they are reducing crime and increasing the quality of life by eliminating graffiti, but that's not really true at all. The question is -Who's quality of life? Do large boring gray walls improve anyone's quality of life? And vandalism, though it may be illegal, is such a small crime compared to all the other shit that is happening in the world. Graffiti seems to often serve as a way to bring a message to a large audience, and so yeah maybe you are vandalizing, but sometimes that's the only way to get your idea or concept out there. Graffiti communicates something of substance unlike all of the bombarding advertisements that our society can't escape for one second. All of these ugly billboards are what need to be painted over, in my opinion. One guy in the film said something like "taggers aren't selling anything, they only want to show they exist." Anyways, I can't give as good of an answer as the documentary does, but it's something like that.

It was a good film. I watched it three times.

15. SONE.

SONE. Senior Member

I bomb because i hate the regualr media. advertisements are forced down my throat all day long, and it's impossible to hide from them. so fuck them, im going to advertise myself. Put something up on the walls without some shallow moneygrab ideology behind it.

16. provinT13

provinT13 Senior Member

I do it because the rush you get while painting is one that is unmatched by anything else, and the feeling of seeing your work the next day, and the number of people that see that and think about it, notice it and notice you, yet it's an identity within an unknown identity. People know who legends are, but only by what they write. And the fact that so much can be done in one night, so close to others, but without detection, that's why I write.

17. Syke1FTP

Syke1FTP Senior Member

dammm i want that movie!!!
    if anyone has a DL link thats NOT A TORRENT plz send it

but shit i just got back on this website from about a week and a half of going out EVERY night bombing
    and let me put it this way....graffiti is to me what beating the shit outa hitler is to a jewish person, what god is to christians, what water is to humans, what busting a nut is to sex....haha but really everyone has different reasons some bomb to destroy others to express opinions and ideas....personally i bomb because my life doesnt carry into tagging its a fucked up thing but i cant live without it. it is therapeutic and well im addicted haha fucked up my life and saved my life....so really who gives a shit why you bomb....just go bomb and stay up haha

just my two cents =]

[edit] sone i love your sig dawg haha

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  18. El Chupacabre

El Chupacabre Senior Member

I honestly do it for the lulz.

19. DoctorOfCrime

DoctorOfCrime Senior Member

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h165_lady_lasa_Failure_Fail_2.jpg

20. sallybsk

sallybsk Senior Member

Alyssa(WHO HAS ONE POST, HOW SUSPICIOUS?)
    but really they buff graffiti, because it's contributed to the "broken window theory". Pretty much, streets look unlawful and whatnot with graffiti on them. It looks like a city where they don't care, think about it, do low crime areas have A SHIT TON OF GRAFFITI? No. Period. (if they do- they get buffed)

The function of the police is social control, and protection of property.
    Not to fight crime.
    WORD, you can argue about how we're all going to be manipulated by the government or are the crazy theories you kids have. But we do graffiti, and it's going to get buffed sooner or later.
    Frankly, I'm just trying to live the happiest life I can while I'm on the side of this dirt. Let's face it, in 20 years you're going to regret what you didn't do, not what you did. We're all going to die, so go bombing.