Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

Dude I can draw a straight letter throwie. Im trying to do more advanced stuff.

2. scotchtape

scotchtape Member

I realize that, but you don't understand bending, so you are INCAPABLE of doing more advanced stuff. It'll hit you like a epiphany, suddenly, while your fucking with boring ass letters one day.

3. b SQUARED 08

b SQUARED 08 Senior Member

But you're failing at it. No beef, I'm trying to help you. You've gotta rock simps before you can do the things you're trying to pull off. Stop sketching above your head and realize that you've gotta learn to crawl before you can walk man.

4. scotchtape

scotchtape Member

^ word

No beef man, I had this exact same conversation before.

Edit: From YOUR side.

5. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

ok i understand. But what do you mean by simple? A complete straight computer letter style? I can do that. trying to do more andvanced stuff wont hurt.

6. scotchtape

scotchtape Member

I'm going to drop a few flix from a real old Bbook. Hold tight, watch this post.

7. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

can I get some crits on them atleast instead of just saying go simpiler

8. b SQUARED 08

Not necessarily 'complete straight computer letter style', but something much less simple than what you're shooting for. You want to shoot for a look that represents what the actual letter looks like rather than adding extensions that hide the structure of the letters if you know what I'm saying. Simples are easily readable, clean, and accurately project the structures of letters. Play around with proportionate bars and gradually work in bends once you understand that. Then you can tweak the bars even more once you gain a better understanding of the forms. Just don't move too fast- it's a gradual process that takes a lot of time and dedication.

9. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

yea ive done those before. ill try it again later. post flicks tomorrow

10. ThatguywhodrinksTea

ThatguywhodrinksTea Senior Member

11. Mr yarbles

Mr yarbles Elite Member

THis page is full of wack.

Besides tea kinda
    YOur letters are a bit wonky tho.

12. scotchtape

scotchtape Member

13. Graffyk

Graffyk Senior Member

14. BigBlueViolence

BigBlueViolence Elite Member

Just sayin'

15. ThatguywhodrinksTea

View attachment 508749

work in progress i have no idea what to do with the O

graffy- not feeling the arrow out of the crown

16. b SQUARED 08

Yeah, I can't say that I'm feelin' those letters at all either Gesk. They need a lot of work so I'd suggest going back to the simples until you understand the structure of those letters better.

Melo: Your O is completely separate from your other letters (which overlap a bit). Work on cleaning up your lines and popping out a really clean looking straight letter before you go bending bars too. Your 3d is way off too (your O doesn't even have 3d). Know that practicing simples will give you a better understanding of the structures, and in effect, let you know what you can and can't do to crank out dope looking sketches.

Aaanndd bumping for crits:

17. ThatguywhodrinksTea

this is all clear to me thats why my O is soo plain cause i dont know what to do with it hense what i said in my comment xD

18. scotchtape

scotchtape Member

Yah, yah, I know. I'm working on my shit, and I know I'm not qualified to preach. :(

Melo, like this man. Work the letters until they've got a good shape. Then start putting them together. Take your time, use a pencil, work it till your satisfied, then do another.
    [Broken External Image]:http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/1076/dscf0026p.jpg
    My K's back looks crooked...

EDIT
    graffy: Hit up some online tutorials... Google "How to draw anatomy", look at how people go about it for real people, cartoons, hero proportions, ext. Get that down and the rest will come a little quicker.
    Lien: Bends are to forced, its not working, check my letters for melo, look at mellows bars, drop back down to those.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  19. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member

s is top heavy.

quick little thing. working with new name. prolly will only put this in slaps and shit. crits?
    ai31.tinypic.com_2hq71b6.jpg

20. funhouseXcast

funhouseXcast Elite Member

stot those are all clean cept the bottom one, i really like all the fills and the structures are solid.