Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Canvas/Digital

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Kayone707, Sep 17, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

2. Enmity

Enmity Elite Member

kay read my mind ..

i dig the females jrk .. ur style is dope

3. EBUR.

EBUR. Senior Member

4. wiserism

wiserism Elite Member

5. keepsicks

keepsicks Elite Member

6. LuStErOcKs

LuStErOcKs Moderator

7. zennegen

zennegen Banned

that shit ebur posted is my fucking wallpaper now. good shit.

8. saltybastard

saltybastard Moderator

remix as in ran back throw a computer?? imo it seems the only elements deemed viable for an honest critique is the line work on the foreground character and letters?? if i am wrong i appologize for sounding like an ass.... but have almost no respect for digital still art..

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  9. FuLa

FuLa Elite Member

stop hating....it just needs lensflare and more filters.

j/k...but in reality the composition's ok, the anatomy on the character needs a lot of work, the perspective on your electronic stuff seems a bit off...also maybe vary your lines and work on your letter structure for the piece

* but overall you have an 'attractive' image you just need to work out the detals and don't crutch your abilities w/ digital specially in the Canvas thread.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  10. Enmity

Enmity Elite Member

really salt i pictured you as a well rounded artist/graphic designer?

all i have been doing for the past few months is digital stuff .. new thing im working on is scanning canvas and fusing digital elements with hand painted styles .. kinda like ebur is doing but with a different twist.

11. irockyourass

irockyourass Senior Member

salty, you got anything new in the works? this thread is in need of a new salty creation

12. saltybastard

saltybastard Moderator

enmity...im unfortunately a selfish, and stubborn bastard, who will collapse under my arrogance before i can reach my undetermained potential, which i find out later standing at the gates of hell, was simply to open up my mind to a kid posting digital art on bombingscience who i was giving a hard time to=P

13. saltybastard

saltybastard Moderator

and i rockyourass... ill be posting a letter piece in the blackbook section in a day or so, maybe expect a new canvas by early next week..=P

14. EBUR.

EBUR. Senior Member

remix as in a digital artist remixed the drawing I did.
    I see no problem with digital though, it simply completes jobs that human hands are not capable of. Finding new tools to create artwork with is not something to shit on.

I find it kind of annoying when people question my anatomy though, obviously I intentionally made it inaccurate. I didn't make their hands and head huge because I have no concept of anatomy, I did it because that is how I wanted it to look.

Thanks for the comments

Oh, and it is on canvas, hence being here.

15. saltybastard

saltybastard Moderator

"I see no problem with digital though, it simply completes jobs that human hands are not capable of"

oh you live in denial?? i heard its cold up there right now=P... how about... "its simplifies the process of having to do it by hand"...

16. EBUR.

EBUR. Senior Member

I have nothing to be in denial about..
    Most of work is strictly traditional.
    However, I want you to draw a Mandelbrot set. By hand. It's not happening without a computer because your HANDS CANNOT DO IT, to prove my point.

17. saltybastard

saltybastard Moderator

oh you... ebur, dont get all excited... oh, an i dunno, that would be the 3rd Mandelbrot set ive drawn this week..kinda growin old.. and the word in your reply "CANNOT"...not familure with it, hmm... sounds like a condition of exceptance.... either way this has been fun and my lunch break is over now... keep em comin!

18. EBUR.

EBUR. Senior Member

Okay you passed the first test.
    Now try drawing a life size version of the poster for Jingle All The Way starring Arnold Schwarzenegger completely out of mandelbrot sets, without a computer.

And I'm not as excited as capital letters may portray it, I'm trying to have a discussion, not an argument.

19. AsherOner

AsherOner Senior Member

jesus ani resize that shit

20. FuLa

FuLa Elite Member

when I was talking about anatomy I was mostly talking about the face of the girl...The lips seemed flat and the boobs wonky....but in general as a tip that I've learned is tha people are normally drawn (in any artwork) to the eyes/face and/or hands of a painting...you might have a great figure and robotic stuff but if your face and your hands seemed neglected....the whole piece lacks...the first thing I look at in your piece is the hand in front, then the lips...and it seems 'doodled'...therefore making the whole piece look 'doodled'....the electronic stuff has more detail than your face or your hand...
    anyway I think it's good...I'ts a cool idea and you're obviously causing talk because it has reached people to some degree.. unlike 87% of what is posted.

21. zennegen

zennegen Banned

i think the general point salty is trying to make is that it CAN be done, no matter how big, difficult, elaborate, etc, it's just a matter of patience and devotion to the piece.