Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

@Cyto
    That's fucking rad.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  2. filur

filur Member

Meph - I love those ideas! :)

3. Meph*

Meph* Guest

thanks I've been working at it all day:D

4. 4HER

4HER Member

Extinct - Could write an essay on what's wrong with that piece but.....
    remember, anyone can colour in. You really need to study other letters a lot, then apply parts of what you see. Draw your letters and keep working and reworking and reworking them until youre really happy with them. Then you can think about colours.

Weakfingers - I'm a big fan of your throwies. Never been able to do them so well myself. Big props

Meph* - There's nothin wrong with the colouring, its just that the whole page has no depth. You really need to work into it, making parts darker and lighter. That top piece looks like its supposed to be 3d, but you cant tell cos theres no shadow or sheen on it.

5. 2FNK?

2FNK? Senior Member

6. drums

drums Member

meph i like your idea of the IC turbo and BOV on your IC piping letters but you need to at least make sure those pipes look round to make it look right when its are finished

7. extinct

extinct Senior Member

Thanks for the advice.. ive been playin around with a small e an a whole lot of random stuff... so here iz a small quick <i dont know> (gatta keep practicing)
    crits an tips plz

View attachment 576008

8. drums

drums Member

crits from a toy (me)...
    i like the reflection and 3d but the letters could use some more...i duno...style? put more time into the letters and less on the background shit

9. extinct

extinct Senior Member

thanks man... im kinda thinkin of jus spammin "Q" every where instead of eqs but still...
    pce

10. nickstix

nickstix Senior Member

extinct- You have some cool ideas but wait on that stuff for awhile and just work on letters. Using bars sketch letters that look like how they do on your keyboard. For instance the top bars on your e dont line up right. and the top right section of the s the 3d should be overlapping the main letter. Also i didnt get that the thing in the middle was a Q untill I saw your tag. Tag needs some work, go simpler. Keep sketching

Something I started tonight in a friends book, calling it a night and leaving it as a pencil outline for now, finish it tomorrow.

View attachment 576016

crits?

11. drums

drums Member

nice even bars. props

12. sezer

sezer Member

rekt: nice work, better then probably what I could do, but Fix the top of the T, watch the letter's width because i think it could totally mess you up

extinct: wtf?

baron: nice fucking work, simply dope.

weakfingers: same message I gave baron.

2FNK?: start with straight lines, I used to do this until i realized it was shit because I just put random bumps outta no where. Try SUPOZ just like that then advance from there.

anyways, crits?

ai32.tinypic.com_2zhk4lh.jpg

I know the height isnt exactly straight, i'm super tired but an urge to do this :p

13. PREA672

PREA672 Elite Member

14. PREA672

PREA672 Elite Member

ai167.photobucket.com_albums_u138_Stolzy805_IMG_3346.jpg

blast from the past...

15. SicK-

SicK- Senior Member

16. Meph*

Meph* Guest

thanks for the crits, i wanted to use shining and shower but at the same time i dont want to fuck it up cuz im not that good at shining and shadowing

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2010
  17. 4HER

4HER Member

I know exactly where youre coming from, but try not to be too precious about your work.
    Usually when ive done a sketch and im gonna colour it, i scan it and print a few rough copies to try stuff out on.
    If you dont have a scanner, then just trace and copy some sample parts of your sketch onto paper to try different shading techniques on.
    I think it could be lookin nice if you get a proper metallic look going on that piece and some shading on the tyres and body of the car..

The actual letter structure is pretty decent on this, but certain parts could do with tightening up.
    Those rounded ends at the bottom of the R and M, for example. Theyd probably look a lot better if they were sharper, like the ends of the E you got.
    The R would probably look nicer without the bent leg in it too. More like a standard keyboard R, if you get me?

Aside from other things, i think your pencil control is letting you down quite a lot. Its really really sketchy, like the lines dont look very considered. Take your time over it. Do what nickstix said (nice sketch nickstix btw).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2010
  18. Meph*

Meph* Guest

thanks again for the crits...ill try those tips and yeh my hands are very shaking so sketching is the only way i know of drawing :S and its a P not an R (just clarifying it)

19. extinct

extinct Senior Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    what memph said

20. nickstix

nickstix Senior Member

^if your hands are shaky try sketching with the heel of your hand at like the wrist area resting on the page/table