Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. BlacktodaFuture

BlacktodaFuture Elite Member

2. <[(Smokers187¤GS¤WM)]>

<[(Smokers187¤GS¤WM)]> Senior Member

I'm not capable of such things so I'm not going to say anything

And safe that second one is pretty cool

3. Tokyo_ROCKABILY-CLub

Tokyo_ROCKABILY-CLub Senior Member

4. BoomSlang

BoomSlang Senior Member

aight bud heres an opinion

1st piece yer doing what you normally do. overthinking and overworking things, doesnt need most of those extensions or chips and whats the deal with the one under the a off to the left?
    also the 3d is off on that one when compared top and bottom. they both have different vanishing points. top of the letters looks like vanishing point is about an inch above the letters themselves because of the pull in on the ends. then the bottom of the same letters looks like the vanishing point was moves half a mile away heh.

2nd piece is alot better in my opinion. aside from me not understanding the tree for an a bud.i like the fill, like the letters, background does my head in a bit cause its kinda busy bit its still cool but that tree does my head in lol

safe, that top ones hard bud aside from the bar in the middle of the a, i dont know whats happening with your s's though seeing as they seem to be evolving into b's on the third one

5. Nezr1

Nezr1 New Member

My first blackbook piece, what ya think?

Attached Files:

6. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

thanks boomslang, that was grand

in the first piece, actually I didn't go as nuts as i used to. this time I worked with simple straight letters and drew bars for letter structure (that's the part I'm trying to work on the most in my pieces) and THEN AFTER I was done with the letter's basic form, I added a few extensions here and there. I need to get some crits on letter structure. is it working like that? am I on the right track and shit?
    and ure right about the 3D, I just noticed it

and regarding the second one. well this is a cedar, it's our national tree, and it's in our flag. I'm Lebanese :) like the fill on the piece, the flag has 3 horizontal stripes going red, white and red, with the cedar in the middle of the white stripe in the middle.
    and the cedar has a triangular shape like the A. so it works. dono how come it's doin yer head in..

anyway. can I please get some more crits from more peeps ?

7. Stuck

Stuck Elite Member

8. RES4

RES4 Elite Member

9. Stuck

Stuck Elite Member

i like the yellow one better ll

10. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

yeah no i can definitely see the flaws now that i went all the way back to straight letters, like the extensions that are all over the place and shit. but I still think that it's not AS bad as everyone gave me crap about it being.
    although I'd apreciate it if I could get crits on the letter structure of the first flick I posted on this page. coz I'm trying to take a step forward by adding some extensions and shit to the now fine straight letter structure. and I wanna know if im doing it right. and if not, advice never harms

11. IbuprofenTablets

IbuprofenTablets Banned

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  12. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

so do u just do handstyles and throws?

13. Gyse

Gyse Senior Member

14. IbuprofenTablets

IbuprofenTablets Banned

@Gyse: Thanks, I guess. I've always had problems with my proportions.
    I'll try and look out for it more than I already do.

@Phat:

Basically.
    I've never been impressed with my pieces, so I don't do them very often.
    Same thing goes with characters.
    Throws, and Hands for me.
    I have the most fun tagbanging, though.
    Flairs, mops, sandpaper joints, etc.

15. BlacktodaFuture

bump for crits

ibuprofen: i like that C, make the V more like it w. skinnier bars and a loosier sense

phat: honestly im feelin your shit man. it kinda reminds me of oldschool, la style. just watch your extensions they look less like extensions and more like bars if you get what i meannn

smoker: you are my favorite, that mozart piece is fire. but Z kinda looked like a C imo.

mase: your shit looks like my old style where i made all my bars really fat and really close together. your m is huge and then the s is really small, make it more proportional.

16. cocacola

cocacola Senior Member

Bro, im not feeling that safe, since i know someone who writes safe btw. I could post pics if ya want.

17. BlacktodaFuture

they arnt in my area code and im not ever gonna run into them. doesn't matter.

18. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

Those characters are so ugly... Sorry, Safe, but they look kind of lame.

19. FlippingChickens

FlippingChickens Banned

20. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member