Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

it's like a ghetto tilt shift. you don't mount the lens but hold it infront of the camera. It's a great way to get dust on your sensor and possibly fuck up your mirror.

2. zio

zio Senior Member

basically a lens baby im guessing

3. zio

zio Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  4. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

now a quick question for anyone whos done any street photography...a real gay question but i am gonna ask....would you rather use a 28mm lens or a 50mm...im going out tommorow and i will take both for some reason the 28mm seems more appealing even though the 50mm would prob be best for potrait type shots :/

5. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

I'd go for the 28mm. I have 2 cameras I use for street, one has a 24mm and one has a 45mm, I like the 24mm best because you can get closer, get the whole person in frame, and it's generally easier if you're shooting quick or from the hip.

You shooting on crop or FF, because if crop the 50mm is definetly gonna be pretty tight.

I probably already posted this, but it's what 24mm looks like, I was right next to this dude:
    [Broken External Image]:http://rapidhate.org/images/20101014102448_1287026537307.jpg

6. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

yer im using my pentax mx...the fully manual 35mm bad boiii...so yer in theory its full frame...i think i will use the 28mm...as yousaid you can get a bit closer and shoot more form the hip...meh will test shit tommorow...ive got 2 cams anyway so i can have em both on the go :)

7. VAsucks

VAsucks Senior Member

personally id rather use a 50, you can shoot from abit farther away and still isolate the subject. With a 28 if your not close enough your gonna get alot of unnecessary stuff in the shot.

for a project i need to do a series of portraits of people all in the same area, as in i have to goto the same spot for the next month and a half to shoot portraits of random people. any on approaching people in situations like that? i havent started yet but im kind of nervous

8. J.Channa

J.Channa Senior Member

9. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQHJcmpoAvM

That oughta help.

edit: i dunno why it pisses me off that he's not using the portriat grip on that camera....

10. ||BREAD||

||BREAD|| Elite Member

This lens is so worth the money, very well made. Fantastic bokeh and ts pretty sharp. Rokinon 85mm AP f/1.4
    afarm5.static.flickr.com_4056_5146603162_f68e41ab1f.jpg

Edit: Great video.

11. J.Channa

J.Channa Senior Member

12. VAsucks

VAsucks Senior Member

thanks for that video, it was actually exactly what i was looking for.

i need to have 50 of those by tuesday... wooo

13. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

yah dope video never tried that before gonnna do it next time im out.

14. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

gonna peep that video now...but im off tommorow im armed with my well prepared bag of goodies...as gay as it looks...the like satchel type bag ive got is so fuckin handy...

15. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

yeah I might steal AK's thunder on that domke bag, it looks fuckin sweet as hell

16. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

yer mines an old bag my dad used to have with all his kit in it...i mean it comfortably holds 10 lenses, 2 cameras, and many other bits....but it gets a tad heavy...and to be fair i dont need that many lenses :p

17. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

that sounds huge. I've got a backpack that holds up to 2 fullsize bodies, a compact and 5 lenses and a flash, it's terrible hauling that shit on your back all day. Need to get something smaller, since I rarely use all that shit in one day.

18. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

yer thats the thing in a day i prob wont use more than 2-3 of the lenses....so its pointless having such a big bag...but it does help me keep shit organised in my bedroom....but the problem with having a bag so big is that you do fill it up cos you can....

19. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

20. ares

ares Elite Member

Master primes are no joke.