Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

that's a great camera. invest in m42 lenses, they're cheap and easy, and that camera can use them.

2. One Evil

One Evil Elite Member

werd, ill look into it and keep my eyes peeled for that lens..
    now i gatta get use to using a canon instead of nikon hah

3. ImageVerification

ImageVerification Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  4. One Evil

One Evil Elite Member

5. justin timberlake

justin timberlake Senior Member

6. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

When I look at that I think of a flaccid penis amongst a rock wall with some cobwebs.

7. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

8. AnonymousWaaa

AnonymousWaaa Senior Member

9. zio

zio Senior Member

500d is cool. ive been tempted enough to just settle for that as an upgrade from their bottomline DSLR 1000d
    good thing i held off for the 550D
    i think its worth the jump.

and bread, how much for that 85? USD right?

10. zio

zio Senior Member

does this approach work as well in a quiet town as it does in a busy city street?
    i know it varies by culture as well but im just curious from your experience

11. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member

12. ||BREAD||

||BREAD|| Elite Member

$254 Zio

HAHA AK :D

I have got a photoshoot tonight and tomorrow, pics will be up asap.

13. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

yah i usally dont say a thing and just snap them and walk away but ive been getting into asking them for there picture.

14. funhouseXcast

funhouseXcast Elite Member

15. Thrice

Thrice Elite Member

If you're talking HD video, as far as canon goes it goes something like this. 5D > 7D > 60D/T2i 550D > 500D/T1i. Def. not the best one, but it does a good job for its price. Hope you didn't play retail because after the 550D released they sold pretty cheap on ebay.

16. One Evil

One Evil Elite Member

yeah she told me she bought it for 200 plus cause she knows the guy who works there as well owns the same thing and says its a great camera.. thats bout all she said. i wasnt suppose to know till xmas,but hell she cant keep her mouth shut haha and i dont really want it for the HD video but its a PLUS for me in the benching train world makes my life a lot easier in ways with them going by at 130miles/hr

17. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

Yer mate londons getting dark as FUCK recntly...went out a few fridays ago to get some photos with the other half...at 5 i literally couldnt shoot anymore with 400 iso film and f1.2 lens...was sucky as!

a quick word of advice either over expose photos of london....or HDR them so you get the bridge etc exposed properley...or shoot raw and use a bit of fill light :)

Also it was really wierd devoting a few hours to literally shooting random people on the street yesterday and for a bit on friday....some people notice ya some people dont have a clue what your doing....some people get all uncomftorble...others smile and let it happen...some people pulled some crazy faces...was a wierd experience but meh waiting for my filsm to come back from the lab...im not gonna lie though manual focus can suck a tad for shooting this stuff....

18. AnonymousWaaa

AnonymousWaaa Senior Member

argh bloody rain! cant go out and shoot and print the photos i need for tuesday at college, i guess i'll have to go on a mission tomorrow morning till night, hopefully i will have alot more street photography aswell, and yeah, i think it is pretty weird shooting people like that, but when you have them in physical print or on a flickr or what ever, you get this satisfaction like yess, i got that, if you know what i mean? might just be going on at the moment lol :)

19. zio

zio Senior Member

when you say you cant shoot at 1.2 iso 400, what shutter speed is that around? or borderline acceptable to you

i know my method isnt crisp but i recently found iso 800 not as bad as i remembered. that, f 2.8 and somewhre around 1/8-1/15 works fine for me.
    ive been trying to work on my panning as well anyway.
    and im talking about 11pm kinda shit. of course street lights/ambient lights

20. ||BREAD||

||BREAD|| Elite Member

So far, Manual focus lens are a pain in the ass for portraits. I also hate it when a model doesn't smile even when you're doing your very best to urge him/her to.