Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Throwies

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fube, Apr 10, 2008.

Share This Page

1. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

crits?

Attached Files:

2. Sbal

Sbal Elite Member

Thats a pretty dope S on the top one, but lean back on the left extension. The Balls on the A and R need to be smaller so that the R has more room to come out.

3. mind.or.matter

mind.or.matter Senior Member

Tasty - really dgging the style u got goin maybe try givin er a bit more space after the o

Sbal - got a good throw goin there just the r looks a bit sloopy at the end and maybe make the last two letters a bit smaller to match up with the rest of it

4. Task977

Task977 Senior Member

5. CHOWDER 36

CHOWDER 36 Member

feedback's always welcome...

Attached Files:

6. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

jestr, I'm diggin the clean simplicity u got guan there. keep that shit up man. except for the R, try a different, fatter look for it and lose the kick in the right leg. post again :)

chowder, solid. respect for that throw man, keep gettin up. I have no crits at all. that shit's solid as a stone.

here's my 2 letter throw from monday:
    [Broken External Image]:http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...669317017_100000507545549_505220_998631_n.jpg

7. mex(hkb)

mex(hkb) Member

dreas-..

Attached Files:

8. EpS

EpS New Member

EpS

Attached Files:

9. JustME

JustME Member

im still trying to learn.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  10. NouveauP

NouveauP Elite Member

Vandal- No to both. Don't even worry about piecing. But we'll talk about the throw. You might just need to study some throw ups around your area and build your style from some simpler throws that you see. Don't bite, but it wouldn't be bad to get some influence to learn some good solid ways to form letters. The internet is also handy for this. But remember, start simple.

Eps- there's just no flow to that. Your letters are everywhere. Work on consistency in letter size and keep the letters on a straight line.

That dreas character is pretty cool

Phat- I would have those little hook/ear things coming off of the sides and bottom. I think your throw would look a lot cleaner working with the circle and rounded rectangle forms that you have. Just my thoughts

Looks pretty good chowder.

Crits on mine? New name, might try it out.
    ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_NouveauP_Picture007.jpg

11. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

thanks for the crits man.
    on yours: I reckon actual holes in the r and o would do it justice instead of just slits.
    personally, I'm not a fan of the r and k's right legs' kick motion, if would look more solid with them going straight down with no gaps in between the legs. but that's just me, I've seen a lot of writers here who like that kick in the leg... some comment about the gap in the N, you could stand to lose it.
    aside from that, I love the E

and Eps my boy! welcome to the forums biatch :>

12. HugzForThugz

HugzForThugz New Member

1119102344b.jpg 1118101938a.jpg

new throw bottom.. ignore the 'm' dunno what happened there

First post back on this site :cool:

Del - I dont like how two of your letters are pointed on top but the others are round, and the letters in general just aren't working. Focus on making them in the same style.
    sbal -Not feelin the 'er' at the end, 'r' looks awkward. I like the loopy thing you got goin on though, keep workin with it.
    Tasty- What everyone else said about balance with the bubble on the letters. I'd keep the vertical line for the wholes though, looks good.
    Jester- legs on the 'r' are to skinny relative to the head of it and the rest of the letters. Also, Bottom of the 's' seems to round and fat. I like it though, would prob look good painted.
    chowder- Really diggin the 'w', shit looks good. Only thing i'd change is the leg on the 'r' in the bottom one, not strong enough.
    phat-looks fine, bottom bubble on 'p' may be too big imo. But looks good
    dreas- i think the 'd' should be more rounded at top instead of pointed, but thats me. The char is good.
    eps- too much space between the e and the s on the bottom. Would look better if you had the leg of the 'p' in that negative space. I also think if your gonna put in quote bubbles, make em a bit smaller.
    vandal- Sorry man not feelin it. Letters lack good structure, too round and toy bubble generic. it'll come keep practicing and looking at inspiration.
    reckon- feelin it,i think the 'r' could have the little square extension bubble on it, like you did with the 'n', would flow and balance it a bit more. I'd also add something to the 'c', a bit too plain. i like the 'k'.

Maybe that was a bit too many 2 cents...

13. EpS

EpS New Member

14. We Be DaZeD

We Be DaZeD New Member

HPIM1468.jpg HPIM1463.jpg HPIM1470.jpg HPIM1462.jpg HPIM1467.jpg HPIM1466.jpg HPIM1465.jpg HPIM1461.jpg HPIM1469.jpg HPIM1464.jpg

hey guys just wonderin if i could get some crits

15. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

4th and 8th flicks' compositions are interesting, the rest needs work on letter structure, consistency and flow... the basics, practice the basics before attempting to complicate things

16. RustySpoon

RustySpoon Senior Member

17. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

havent been on in a few days... thanks for the crits hopefully these are an improvement...

Attached Files:

18. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

19. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

i dont agree with that M

20. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

word... just trying some new shit