Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. cpyrte

cpyrte Member

It'll come to you at the most random time. You might have a conversation with a friend or walk by a store or whatever. Don't force it, just let it happen.

2. ChadWarden

ChadWarden Elite Member

yep. thats basicly how you play the game.

just look at some of the most famous writers out there if you're doubting it.

revok, for example. what the fuck is a revok? i dont know, he doesnt know, no one knows. but what we do know is that it sounds cool. and now hes like the dopest writer out there. mad fame.

samehting with crews too. just pick letters that sound cool.

its really that easy. graffiti all around is just that easy.

edit: why the fuck is my signature m.i.a. and yet the guy above me's sig is working just fine even though its only a fuckig obey stencil and some dudes crotch? fuckin' bullshit, bombingscience.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  3. cpyrte

cpyrte Member

Uh...try "twisting" the caps on when you put it on the can. And if you can, avoid pressing too hard on the can or it'll eventually stick.

4. cpyrte

cpyrte Member

lol are you quick replying or the other reply? It works on and off for me as well... I need to change that sig too...

5. Solace_one

Solace_one Member

HEEEERRREE'S a toy question: if I anonamously contact a store owner or something, asking for permission in a relatively small city's downtown, A.) Will I get it--ever? and B.) Will they be mad if I just do it anyway?

Here's another: To what extent does the 'Bystander Effect' work? Meaning, how many people do I need to stand there and do nothing for anyone else who sees me to also do nothing while I bust shit in broad daylight?

...Yup.

Wait; one more: Do dollar cans from Valspar (labelled 'Spray Paint') beat ColorPlace?

6. cpyrte

cpyrte Member

You can send a friend to ask permission for you. That way it's not obvious that you put a piece up on somebodies wall after asking permission and they said no. By Stander effect, uh...depends if im with my boys theres always a look out. You'll need at least two other people to help you "blend in".

As for Valspar vs Color Place. I'd go with Valspar but the smell is kinda annoying, to me at least. But spray paint aint gonna smell like cologne anyways.

Hope that helps.

7. weedeater

weedeater Senior Member

F Zero is pretty much the best game ever made, I would be stoked to see that up.

8. ian

ian Elite Member

weird, just before reading this i looked down at a pack of gum and the flavor is called prism. I think that sounds pretty nice and i like the letters, nothing i really don't like writing, although im not a huge fan of R's. Been messin around with it for a bit and got a nice start for a piece (i think) although i've been struggling getting a nice handstyle for it. one question, anyone on here or anyone famous use the word prism?

9. smokeitup

smokeitup Elite Member

10. Fury

Fury Elite Member

Search flickr to see if they're a king or if they're in your area. If not, use it.

11. ian

ian Elite Member

Alright so prism is taken then, although i still wanna do a few pieces with it. I came up with lucid and frisk. Searched up Flickr, found some lucid handstyles out in California (im from pa) so that shouldn't be a problem, but I kinda like frisk better. I found a couple of freights and a piece or two for frisk but someone said they don't write anymore. Thoughts on either?

12. Fury

Fury Elite Member

^ If you ever roll through Scranton, you might see me up in a few spots from when I visited.
    If they ain't in your area or you haven't seen them up in a good while, go ahead.

13. NosE2

NosE2 Elite Member

you could write Resk instead of fresk. not sure if there is a Resk...but it sounds tight to me

14. ian

ian Elite Member

haha ill keep that in mind if i'm ever there

well it's actually frisk not fresk, and i feel like i've seen a resK on these forums, although maybe i'm just messing up names lol. idk, i kinda like frisk, i was thinking of maybe doing like friskE so its more like frisky but idk, just toying around with stuff (pun intended). I've been writin handstyles for frisk all day and the letters are pleasing me overall. I've never painted anyway and idk if i ever will so it doesnt even matter too much what i write lol. I'm thinkin of startin some stickers and maybe gettin a marker but for now no paint

15. Fury

Fury Elite Member

You don't exactly need a name if you're not going to paint it eventually.

16. ian

ian Elite Member

well someday maybe, but im in college now, and no one writes around here, and there's no real place to write or get paint. When I'm home in the summer i may start throwin up stuff though, and i'd like to get pretty decent before actually painting. Not really sure where this will go, but regardless, i'd rather practice for a while with one word mainly, and then if i do decide to write, i'll have a name. Honestly i just need something BESIDES my actual name to work with and go by

17. weakfingers

weakfingers Elite Member

Like my homie mr warden explained, I'm copnstantly of thinking of names that I think sound cool and are real words, Onamatapias work really nice because they are a multi sense word. They sound like thay are said, Its trippy. Also these kinds of words arent commonly used so although you might know the meaning its a new and interesting words. Dont force it dont even think about it just pay attention to words you say and how ou can mispell words, The list I wrote off befor was names ive been coming up with for the past 2 years. I think id be really sick to become a writer who wrote like 9 diffrent names, All with diffrent style with diffrent names, I might start working on new styles for alternete names, Seems like a good way to progress.

18. ian

ian Elite Member

does sound like an interesting concept, also might add some anonymity to stuff if people start catchin on to one of your names. I've got a few, i guess ill work with one primarily, and once i need something new and fresh maybe ill try another. Great thread though you guys have been real helpful

19. ribcage

ribcage Banned

^when you draw/ paint to practice w/ different styles, find letters that you like and that you can have versatility w/ cause you can draw a word and think is cool but then not be able to really draw it in other styles

20. Xfish

Xfish Senior Member

i know ive been out of the game for a while but how long have the male rustoleums been around?