Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

[Broken External Image]:http://images.rapidhate.org/d/6185-1/nyenyc008.jpg

God I can't wait to develop these color rolls. I can't wait to see what this zeiss does on color.
    How about a cheesey mirror self portriat?
    Maybe I should do a picture book on the trash of north america.

2. zio

zio Senior Member

i get you, but if you do happen to shoot jpg instead of raw, like it or not, youre gonna be using those presets (most likely standard if you dont ever tweak that part of your camera)
    i do shoot raw 98% of the time but if i just want a quick process, ill just use the canon software instead of photoshop. itll keep the preset(if i want to) instead of it being completely raw/flat.
    otherwise ill do the full edit

3. zio

zio Senior Member

i would if i can find anyone selling it locally, 2nd hand. ive seen a couple canonets and thats really the only reason ive gone to research about it and thought its alright even without interchangable lenses

now that oly looks interesting. im gonna read about that more.

4. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

I'm sure most cameras do this also, but I always use my lx3 on jpg+raw, because the dynamic b&w is just so damn good on it, but I like having the raw just incase I want color.

5. zio

zio Senior Member

6. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Meh. I still reckon if you want your clean cut digital images to "downgrade" to a scratchy grainy film look, then just shoot film!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  7. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Regretting selling the zeiss already. SO SO sharp but 1.4 is needed for me. Maybe I'll buy another one one day for daytime shits.

8. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member

bored as shit at a buddys band practice

ai51.tinypic.com_2upwtxy.gif

ai53.tinypic.com_2ueifcg.gif

ai54.tinypic.com_20jjba.jpg

9. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

10. zio

zio Senior Member

awesome!
    i also want to find out if hes done a review on any of the canonets....just to see what he has to say about it.
    i know its been compared to the leica m3 in some reviews but id just like a consistency in opinion, coming from the same reviewer.
    looks like im leaning towards this oly though....but still want my prime 1st and foremost.
    ef 28/1.8 or voigtlander ultron 40/2 SLII hmmmm

11. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Just buy an M2 and never have to worry about it again...

12. dinedgc

dinedgc Elite Member

i got a 35rc for christmas this year, i love the little thing, picked up the sunny 16 rule in a matter of minutes, its soooooo fuckin simple

13. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

14. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

how the fuck did you get to shoot shannon leto

15. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Had a brief stint photographing semi celebrities.
    Also shot passion pit... unsure if anyones heard of them... I hadn't. They were right pricks.

16. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

they play a couple songs from them on the radio here, it's okay I guess, but I'm not 'hip' enough to like them proper.

17. Kao.Ali

Kao.Ali Senior Member

-1.jpg

canon 85 1.2L

such a beast of a lens
    [​IMG]

18. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

Any film heads on here want to share scanning technicques? When I scan, I drop the contrast way down, it doesn't look nice, but it retains as much information as possible. Make sure you don't drop it down too far, gotta find a happy medium:

[Broken External Image]:http://images.rapidhate.org/d/6194-1/edit1.jpg

Then, I do all my curves and contrast in photoshop, and remove any scratches or spots on the film using a wacom tablet and clone stamp:

[Broken External Image]:http://images.rapidhate.org/d/6191-1/final.jpg

And for anybody who says that zeiss lenses aren't good, check out the 100% crop from the original scan:

[Broken External Image]:http://images.rapidhate.org/d/6188-1/crop.jpg

and ali, I'll see your 1.2 and raise you a 1.1 :D
    [Broken External Image]:http://images.rapidhate.org/d/6165-2/datglass.jpg

If that lens is actually yours, for god's sake take the filter off!!!!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  19. Kao.Ali

Kao.Ali Senior Member

I wish. it's my boss's. I don't get what you mean about the filter though.
    that nokoton is bass ass dude

my tumblr:
    http://kayvonmangabay.tumblr.com/
    haven't updated it in a while though

shooting another concert next weekend, hella amped. really need to find more gigs.
    AK your a full time photographer right? how do you find work?

20. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

I look at it this way, you spend $2500 on a top of the line canon lens, a lens that is made with special glass and has thousands of hours of research and development into it, and now you've got a piece of shit glass thing on the front of it. Think like this, you're gonna go bang your old lady with a condom on, sure it'll work fine, but it's much better if you take that sucker off and hit it raw.

edit: it's one thing if you're using a polarizer or a red/yellow (for black&white) but uv's are pretty pointless these days, modern lenses are built much better and withstand alot more abuse. Hell, I've cleaned my L shit with a tshirt before, never hurt it.

Another thing that filters can do is cause reflections, here's a picture I took years ago, before I knew any better. I had a UV filter on the lens, and it caused the lights from the mojo 13 sign to reflect on the bottom of the pic. It took me a long time to figure out why they were coming out like that, ever since then I ditched my UV filters. Apparently I didn't know anything about white balance at the time either :D

[Broken External Image]:http://images.rapidhate.org/d/2741-2/chemdep118.jpg

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011