Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Long island

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by GRAFFITIGRAFFITI, Jun 10, 2010.

Share This Page

1. Prickster

Prickster Senior Member

2. bob SAGET

bob SAGET Member

Im not saying you bite but your character looks a lot like Bezt's B

3. bob SAGET

bob SAGET Member

oH nO thIs ***** "sTrictShiT" must bE a StricT tHug bKauSe hE tYpeS lIke thIs, tYPes lIke a High sKooL fAggot, wIggeR, tHat pRoballY lIstens tO g-UniT aNd jErks OfF to bOmbing SciEnce tILL hIs mOm tElls hIm to gEt oFF thE inTernet,
    LISTEN YOU NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU WRITE SOMETHING, RASE AINT NO TOY, RASE HAS BEEN WRITING SINCE YOU BEEN IN DIAPERS, AND IF YOU GONNA WRITE SOME SHIT AND NOT LEAVE A NAME YOUR A PUSSY, SEE THATS THE THING ABOUT THIS SITE PEOPLE LIKE TO TALK SHIT AND NOT LEAVE A NAME THEY HIDE BEHIND A SN AND TALK SHIT SO NO ONE KNOWS WHO THEY ARE. TO ME BOMBING SCIENCE IS A WASTE OF TIME, THATS WHY U NEVER SEE ME ON THIS SHIT, DONT EVEN STRESS THIS DUDE RASE, BUT WHO EVER WANTS TO TALK SHIT ABOUT ME, OR RASE, FUCK YOU, I CAN CARE LESS IM MAKIN MONEY AND WORKING ON MY OWN BUSINESS WHILE YOU ARE WORKING ON BEING A INTERNET THUG, BUT ILL BE BACK ONE DAY, AND ILL STATE MY NAME CAUSE I STAND BEHIND MY WORDS---DRIZ

4. bad_dreams

bad_dreams Senior Member

Since its explosion onto city walls and subway cars in the 1970s, the increasing popularity of graffiti as an art form has won commercial success for its artists and a regular presence in pop culture and the contemporary art world.

A new book, 'The History of American Graffiti,' comprehensively documents the evolution of this often controversial art movement across the United States. As kids, authors Roger Gastman and Caleb Neelon tagged city walls. Today, Gastman is a gatekeeper between the underground artists who work on the street and the mainstream world of galleries; Neelon, a Harvard grad, is a graffiti artist and educator.

For "The History of American Graffiti," they tracked down thousands of photographs, from freight trains to city streets, and conducted hundreds of interviews with graffiti artists, ranging from pioneers to the biggest stars.

Young people were the key players in shaping the contemporary graffiti movement, says Neelon. The first modern graffiti writer is widely considered to be Cornbread, a high school student from Philadelphia, who in 1967 started tagging city walls to get the attention of a girl. But it was only in the 1980s that galleries began to showcase graffiti as artwork.

Today, auctioneers and collectors shell out thousands of dollars for graffiti-style pieces. British street artist Banksy's documentary, 'Exit Through the Gift Shop,' (on which Gastman was a consulting producer) was nominated for an Oscar this year. And before Marc Ecko and Shepard Fairey were household names designing clothes or Obama campaign posters, they were (and still are sometime) street artists.

But graffiti is, by definition, a defiant and public exhibition. Gastman contends that there's an earned respect and craft to graffiti work done outside in the streets. There's also an intrinsic subversion and vanity to an art form that defines itself by writing one's
    name over and over again on property, which doesn't translate when it moves into a more sterile setting like a gallery.

Neelon says, however, that artists who master the craft of painting on the street can create perhaps even greater work in studio settings, where they have more time, resources and don't have to worry about the weather (or the police). What they might lose is the volume of people who see their work on a daily basis.

Bringing graffiti from the street into the museum venue isn't easy, Gastman says, but he's developed a niche for doing just that. Opening on April 17 at the Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, Gastman is a curator of "Art in the Streets", the largest American museum exhibition of graffiti and street art." The exhibit, which runs through Aug. 8, will showcase installations by 50 graffiti and street artists.

5. Craig Ownings

Craig Ownings Senior Member

seriously? i hope that shits crayola...

6. WeBeSteadyMoshin

WeBeSteadyMoshin Senior Member

bump rase...dudes the mann
    bump nlc crew...all god damn dayyyyyyyy
    bump jam....stays clean always

cant be stopped
    full time bombin
    vandals run loose

fuck:
    5-0
    toys who run their mouth
    blank walls

7. RASER BLADE

RASER BLADE Senior Member

Good looks y'all....but i dont need no help taking out a toy like strict shit.lol peace

8. dirt diggler

dirt diggler Senior Member

tellll thhat nikka raser !!!!!! no respect in tha game no history lessens probelly wearing yellow socks tight pants and a spiked belt

9. EL Führer

EL Führer Member

let pppl thinkkk everygot they ownn opinin but honestly i see we got the samee conspectt but we dont alikee

10. faceblunts

faceblunts Member

Mosh you're garbage.

11. faceblunts

faceblunts Member

AND... you and your boys ruined that Si.

12. RASER BLADE

RASER BLADE Senior Member

Hahaha I'm glad you feel what I'm saying dirtDiggler,lol.... Dude probably some emo fag lol. Real recognize real my G. Peace homie

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  13. Armored Bulletz

Armored Bulletz Senior Member

if this forum had a rep system... +1

14. eastcoastoverdose

eastcoastoverdose Member

15. ViaHipHop

ViaHipHop Senior Member

vw>honda
    sorry, i had to.

16. faceblunts

faceblunts Member