Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. Xstinkt1

Xstinkt1 Member

Attached Files:

2. artcrime99

artcrime99 Senior Member

bluefireweb.jpg

page 600 woo, have some blue fire

fuckin bombingscience with their shit fuckin uploader, image looks like shit for better pic try http://wickr.tumblr.com

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  3. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

4. VAsucks

VAsucks Senior Member

5. sevenways

sevenways Member

6. toopski

toopski Guest

7. Ecru

Ecru Senior Member

8. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

This coming from a guy who never, ever posts any of his pictures on a photo thread but is the first one to criticize........

9. ares

ares Elite Member

When I said that blog is more visually stimulating it was not directed at anyone's work, or anyone in particular. Yes, I throw comments and criticism around, but do you see me hating on random people for no reason? Pictures aside, have I not demonstrated through my comments that I know whats up?

Secondly, as far as my work goes there are reasons why its not in here. First and foremost, this is a GRAFFITI forum. Some people have no problems putting their real name and information out there, I am not one of those people. If you want to front on me for trying to keep my anonymity, go ahead. I am not here to gain anyone's approval. Call me selfish, but I have nothing to gain by posting my work.

Also, criticism is ESSENTIAL if you want to progress as an artist.

10. One Evil

One Evil Elite Member

hes got a very good valid point there kmcdon!

11. VAsucks

VAsucks Senior Member

theres so little criticism going on in this thread thats there is no point in talking about it

for me its more interesting to see the work of people who i have some familiarity with, rather than the same "visullay stimulating" pictures which get reblogged around tumblr until they cease to become cool.

12. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

Maybe so. It's true that he does say some knowledgable things sometimes, and he does seem to know what he's talking about. I just have a hard time taking someone seriously when they dish out advice and don't (by posting pictures) give anyone a chance to give opinions back.

I have learned alot off internet forums and getting feedback, I would be a lot worse then I am now if it wasn't for sites like this. I can respect the fact that you want to stay anonymous, that's fine, but unless you're shooting for rolling stone magazine or the new york times, posting a picture or two wouldn't kill you.

13. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Hear hear. While on acid and looking at blogs, I had a bit of an epiphany, I found I was staring at every single photo on one blog I go on, www.greyhandgang.com, for at least 5 minutes each. I was enjoying them as if I was looking at them in an art gallery, I had never really done that before on a blog. Then I became angry that blogs bunch together such amazing examples of photography that it actually starts to belittle them, and people scroll past them like they are nothing, rushing through page after page. Blogs are wack really.
    Not to mention the unbelievable amount of stolen credit, you could become world famous in the blog scene and still be completely unknown as an artist.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  14. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

15. Ecru

Ecru Senior Member

Give a guy shit for sharing a compilation of nice pictures
    Give a guy shit for addressing the guy that gave shit to a guy that was sharing without giving a shit

I suggest you consider another Acid trip AK47 for the purpose of clairvoyance

Stay classy Bombingscience :)

[Broken External Image]:http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5440/3largew.jpg

16. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

nice photo of a branch

17. sevenways

sevenways Member

it's quite a nice photo of a branch if i do say so myself.

18. VAsucks

VAsucks Senior Member

yeah thats a dope branch.

on the acid note did it with some friends the other day, and my one friend went psychotic for like the next 24 hours. scary shits.

not mine but i think its well shot.
    http://vimeo.com/21868232

19. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member

no hate to ares, but its a little contradicting to say criticism is essential to grow as an artist then say that you have nothing to gain by posting your work up. That implies you think you are better than everyone here in my opinion. no hate, just sayin.

20. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Ares does know what he's talking about in most cases. I personally don't feel he needs to promote himself so long as what he's saying isn't complete bullshit, which it isn't.
    I'm hugely curious though.