Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. SicK-

SicK- Senior Member

Alright i have a question.
    So how do you guys get over a slump? I cant sketch anything it all looks like dookie.

2. -SoK-

-SoK- Member

I can't say this for graffiti because i'm still toy as shit. However, I do a lot of other illustration and sketching and I find that any time you hit a creative wall/slump, it's best to change your style/inspiration. Try adapting a new style for yourself, start over from scratch if you have to (this can be fun sometimes anyways, can't it? the feeling of starting something fresh)

If you find searching a new style isn't working, maybe you need to change your alias? Could be you're just sturggling coming up with more ideas for it because you've used your creative capacity up on that one.

If neither of these work I don't know what to tell you, maybe you're just losing interest?

3. ribcage

ribcage Banned

drugs, bitches, and more drugs. Id say drugs and exploring are the most inspirational things. If its a style slump where you cant think of anything new, go to some local all city spots(if you got any) and look around. Watch graffiti movies, art movies, fucked up and psychedelic movies. Stop thinking about the slump and start getting over it. Do some Drugs.

Get yourself some shrooms grab a good lookin ho, and go down to the dopest spot you know and relax, let your mind be blown and if you got bars you get your dick blown too. realize different life, then hit the sketchbook and draw some shit up, if you aint likin the shit you draw take your anger out on it and then move on

....do drugs

4. -SoK-

-SoK- Member

Words to live by...

5. Fury

Fury Elite Member

Rewatching graff movies have definitely helped me figure out different styles and got me over shit. I don't think I've ever had writer's block, I just do some random new shit without thinking, and work around it.
    Exploring and biking are fun as fuck, and I'm sure drugs do help haha

6. Fury

Fury Elite Member

7. weedeater

weedeater Senior Member

it looks almost identical minus the T, and weakfingers loves his T the way it is

8. Eclectic Boogaloo

Eclectic Boogaloo Senior Member

that first one is weak he writes skuint/squint

9. weedeater

weedeater Senior Member

^^probably so, the T is just throwing me off

free bumps for weak

10. ian

ian Elite Member

thats gotta be him the fill is almost identical. maybe it was older with a diff T or maybe he was tryin somethin new? ive seen people raggin on that T

11. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

12. Fury

Fury Elite Member

I dunno where the hell he's at, but I thought that shit was mad funny when I saw it. I guess dude is up so much that someone flicked it. Or he's on tumblr somewhere.
    It was the I and the N that made me think it was him.

And Phil, where the fuck you been at?

13. smokeitup

smokeitup Elite Member

does anyone post graff flicks on their facebook? i think this is a pretty stupid idea so i never have, but some people do. i think the police can look ur name up and see u and ur pieces and whatever and bust u cant they?

14. Fury

Fury Elite Member

I'm sure they do, unless you block your shit and make it private, but still. I don't do it at all, or have any kind of connection to graffiti on my facebook. People who make facebooks specifically for their graff are stupid too, it can link back to your IP address, and blah blah blah.
    I mean, you'd have to wreck a lot of shit to get that far, but I wouldn't risk something as stupid as that for not even getting up.

15. nah!

nah! Banned

do any of you on this forum post from a proxy?

16. weedeater

weedeater Senior Member

i run a proxy server out of an older gaming box i had, i use it 24/7 365

17. Juse

Juse Member

what is proxy??

18. smokeitup

smokeitup Elite Member

a proxy is something that hides your i.p adress isnt it? think so.

19. nah!

nah! Banned

its kind of like connecting to the internet through another computer thats in between you and the internet so your internet activity's appear to be coming from the proxy server and not your home computer.

how do you make a proxy server like that? wouldn't it show up as your ip if its in your house?

20. Fury

Fury Elite Member

Proxies make everything go a lot slower, so I don't really see the point in it.
    + Tor is amazing for it though.