Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Eclectic Boogaloo

Eclectic Boogaloo Senior Member

thats an understatement

2. upper90daynnight

upper90daynnight Senior Member

Pez i wud suggest working with some keyboard letters cuz u cant go wrong their, but if not then i wud suggest making ur letters flow with each other more.

3. pez 1794

pez 1794 Member

So is this one better or more?
    Jada Small.jpg

4. Task977

Task977 Senior Member

5. ChronicKush

ChronicKush Member

PEZ- No, keyboard letters like this..... JADA. Dont make them bubbly and use bars to make your letters.
    JESTER- Look alright. The bottom line inside the "E" is too long and the "R" looks wierd.

Just an outline.....something new..

0419111955.jpg

6. KLOVER

KLOVER Member

do not know if you would consider this toy but imma post it anyway.

Attached Files:

7. KLOVER

KLOVER Member

8. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

pez- you need to go MUCH simpler and like everyone has said, work on structure and spacing,,,, that second flick is much better, still needs work.... oh and btw, ALESANA BLOWS!!!1!one! go listen to some real metal
    jestr- im liking that, only thing i thing needs to be done is the middle bars in the E need to be thickened up
    klove- cant tell if i like it, get some better quality flicks

EDIT:
    thanks sick, that S is is bangin

9. pez 1794

pez 1794 Member

Simple enough?
    Ezik Small.jpeg
    And I know I made that about a year ago, I don't even listen to them any more.

10. KLOVER

KLOVER Member

its a laptop camera, and just because someone likes the piece should not be the way it is judge it should not be judged on favortism more over it should be judged on style and flow and how it is spit onto the paper...just saying

11. KLOVER

KLOVER Member

exchange piece i did for my buddy soer......
    Snapshot_20110420_1.jpg

12. Dcicfhbimv

Dcicfhbimv Senior Member

Just threw this together tried an effect I saw somewhere can't remember exactly but I liked it think I got it down pretty well for the 1st try. no bars but Idk think its good.
    Pez-no offense but I can't tell what you were writing it looks like abstract art. ANd I'll be honest with you I hate abstract art.
    Clover- looks pretty tight but I agree with tasty I can't see the pic clearly enough to see if I really dig it or not.
    Pez again- EZIK Your I's center bar is too thin the K's leg have the same issue. the E is wider than the Z and the rest. The trick is to give each letter the same amount of room. then build around that.
    Chronickrush-Looks pretty chill wondered what it would look like if the bar on the "e" flowed into the bar on the "A" not neccesarily touching but you know what I mean....hopefully.

Attached Files:

13. KLOVER

KLOVER Member

all i have is the laptop camera for now sorry guys but if you could see them in person you would dig them.....

im not digging the u and the n and i think the g lower branch should be thicker along with the u less spacing

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2011
  14. Dcicfhbimv

Dcicfhbimv Senior Member

I did this in about 15 min tops. But yeah I feel you I started working with bars and said fuck it about 3 letters in, which is why the N and U are like that. I was focusing more on the outline. I don't quite follow what you mean by the U spacing though.

15. Mippi

Mippi Member

Clover- like the char. cant see the writing
    Pez again- bars are way off
    Dcicfhbimv- looks nice. not a fan of the dots coming off the u and n and the tail of the g looks a bit awkward. maybe thicken it up?

Anyways, here what is more or less my first piece. crits please and thanks

Attached Files:

• B2.jpg
      B2.jpg
      File size:
      35 KB
      Views:
  16. Dcicfhbimv

Dcicfhbimv Senior Member

Thanks mippi I was just fooling around And the u is supposed to make a ew sound like NEW THING the one on the n was just for looks and I understand it looks kinda off.

17. arsebanditskaelsucker

arsebanditskaelsucker Senior Member

18. Mippi

Mippi Member

thnx bud. thinking it over the U is deccent the n throws it off a bit. still nice tho!

19. Cobra716

Cobra716 Member

Just a simple and a toon i am working on... crits would help

ai55.tinypic.com_33eoqyq.gif

and...

ai55.tinypic.com_vq4q5v.jpg

ai54.tinypic.com_2wei79c.gif

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2011
  20. upper90daynnight

upper90daynnight Senior Member

I like the d and the e but work on the bar at the top of your T and work on the last bar of the N<-- the part where the secound last bar connects to the last bar extends to far out as for the cartoon try and cleen things up a bit as for the secound quickie you put up i like it except for the secound half of the N and the T has no flow