Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. upper90daynnight

upper90daynnight Senior Member

I like the d and the e but work on the bar at the top of your T and work on the last bar of the N<-- the part where the secound last bar connects to the last bar extends to far out as for the cartoon try and cleen things up a bit as for the secound quickie you put up i like it except for the secound half of the N and the T has no flow

2. Cobra716

Cobra716 Member

thanks for the crit, yeah that was my first crack at that character, I have been evolving it for the past couple days and cleaning things up.. I think I just need to work on the N and T some more, I am having difficulties with the flow between those two letters.

3. upper90daynnight

04-20-2011-14-15-54-701_edited-1.jpg Alright i havent sketched in a while and my style is changing a little bit please give me crits thanks

Attached Files:

4. jdub

jdub Senior Member

^^gotta work on them bar proportions homie and the W doesnt look right not being connected like that

5. Lado

Lado Senior Member

lad.jpg

Not really finished [obviously] but I'd figure I'd upload it anyway. Trying to get rid of the dead space inbetween the L and A.

6. MASE P_2s

MASE P_2s Senior Member

7. ribcage

ribcage Banned

^E's wack, arrow on the S is wack, and the way your S ends on the bottom is bad. I like your M except where it meets in the middle, looks like you tried to make it arrow shaped. And your 3d is off

8. Shroomsh

Shroomsh Senior Member

IMG.jpg

new name? you like, ps. pink ran out

9. pez 1794

pez 1794 Member

Shroomsh I'm obviously not as good as you and pretty much everyone but for what its worth I think its pretty cool ;) the bottom of the S is a bit too fat tho I think

Alright I tried to just focus on making the bars better. What do you think?
    Claps Small.jpeg
    I know the C is pretty off and the A is bad too.
    Black Small.jpeg
    Tried to do something with it but I think overall this is at least decent at being the same throughout.
    Chelsea Grin Logo Small.jpeg
    BTW My first ones I was kinda trying to do something like this. Obviously I failed horribly.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  10. Shroomsh

Shroomsh Senior Member

pez, you gotta start somewhere, persistance is the key, im not that great compared to the likes of other but i havent even been writing for a whole year yet, just takes a bit of hard work.. i like the distortion on the second piece, it would look good if you added a point of perspective in the center of the black piece for some 3d, like what ive done in my piece, keep it up

11. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

like 1000X better mang! all you gotta do is even out the height of the letters (laying down horizontal lines prior to drawing helps) and fix up your bar thickness nd youll be ready to go

12. pez 1794

pez 1794 Member

Thank god lol. I think I'm beginning to understand why my first set was so bad and how to improve.

Shroomsh - Yea I know what you mean, all but one of the first couple were from about a year ago. I think I just tried to hard without understanding how it all works. For these I was mostly just working on bars and general structure but thanks for the 3D idea I might try it on a later one. :)

Tasty - Thanks for the crits. Couple questions tho, when you say even out the height do you just mean the top one? Cause the 2nd one I purposely squeezed the middle. And when you say to fix the thickness do you mean like to make it the same for each letter, just bent or longer/shorter, or what?

Thanks for everyone who's helping me too. I know I'm annoying asking and posting a lot but I really need the help lol ;)

13. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

ya for height im meant the letters need to start and end close to the same, if you noticed that second one the first letter ends lower than the last letter. and as for the thickness, i mean make the bars within each letter (more or less) the same

14. Laces Out

Laces Out Elite Member

15. Hulk

Hulk Member

Some work i did during school. Crits please.

Attached Files:

16. upper90daynnight

what does it say? u need to work on keyboard letters bro go simple

17. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

zers, everything's fine but the R. you need to practice it smore

18. ian

ian Elite Member

booyeah, shits gettin cleaner ever since i got these prismas

ai.imgur.com_oSNIW.png

19. pez 1794

pez 1794 Member

Ian - It looks pretty good, maybe separate the O and I a little bit more to make it flow better and the bottom of the E just looks off to me

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  20. EWL24

EWL24 Senior Member

Ian that looks sick

didn't know silver was so hard to use, i won't be making that mistake again
    crits please
    geth.JPG