Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. ribcage

ribcage Banned

^if your going to do a dark outline do make your second outline/forcefield or whatever it is you call it, a lighter color

2. ian

ian Elite Member

word, its lighter in person so you can see it better but i gotchu

3. ribcage

ribcage Banned

yup yup, and usually when i decide to put hash marks/lines/blocks of color in my 3d i make it a diiferent shade of the 3d color and I hardly ever use outline color for it unless its black and white... that 1 is more personal preference though

4. ian

ian Elite Member

yeah dawg thats the first time i ever tried usin those

5. Cobra716

Cobra716 Member

6. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

ian- 1st pic-drop some of the extensions, and dont bother connecting the letters (yet), other than that ts looking pre clean.
    2nd pic-too many extension and bends in the letters... and imo it wouldve looked better with the I being seperate from the connection between the M and N... and the D is pre wack, sorry man
    geth- your letters are leaning too far over, and shorten the top extension on the E and make the bottom extension on the G go farther.
    dent- make your letter size more equal... your D and T need work, and your drop shadow is pre off.. but, your E and N are lookin pre good

new stuff, crits always appreciated

Attached Files:

7. Tempo718

Tempo718 Elite Member

218640_160200347374634_100001540101387_355206_8065937_o.jpg

any crits on dis?...

ian - I notice an improvement in all your stuff, any painting recently?
    tasty - why do we never see alot of color from you? otherwise bars have good consistent width.
    dent - that is a good look, but is there any reason the n and t are smaller than the first 2 letters?
    ewl - i'd say ur gettin a little better bit by bit but on this peice your t got too close to the h.

8. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

thanks... and ya i dont use colour because i wanted to get structure down... ill do a quick fill on some of those actually and re-post later

EDIT: im digging that tempo, my only complaint is the A doesnt look like an A and your L should be bigger... but keep it up

9. Mippi

Mippi Member

tasty i like ur shit for the soar i would put more spacing between the s and o as for the throws my fave is the far right
    tempo yeah fix up the l and a good work dude

crits please.

Attached Files:

10. weedeater

weedeater Senior Member

the I is kind of hurting the flow, the PE flows really well together though, im feeling it.

11. Mippi

Mippi Member

yeah im seeing that now thanks bro

12. Tempo718

Tempo718 Elite Member

218757_160744617320207_100001540101387_358465_8123673_o.jpg
    any constructive thoughts people? ...

@Mippi - I see why weed said the I throw it off cause it not as wide as the rest but reguardless that dont stand out bad enough to ruin what you got goin on. I think its dope.

13. Rask Wsk LA

Rask Wsk LA Senior Member

Tempo pretty cool, try to just go straight with it tho,
    nice mippi, but yah the i is a little small and bad cuts
    soar, i like tha throw up

this a little shit i just did, effects came sloppy but its all cool

Attached Files:

14. Hulk

Hulk Member

^^^ It says "Dope"

15. upper90daynnight

upper90daynnight Senior Member

Hulk- alright like i said go simpler work on making it cleaner before you work on connections and style and Rask i like it, the 3D on the curved bar at the bottom of the A is a little bit off and i wud suggest trying to bring that arrow at the end of your piece a little bit tighter but keep it up it looks sick bro

16. Tempo718

Tempo718 Elite Member

220101_160769793984356_100001540101387_358677_3881477_o.jpg
    tried 2 fix some of the drop shadow, still not how I want it to look though. oh well

17. ChronicKush

ChronicKush Member

I like it. Its a style im not used to seeing.

18. Cobra716

Cobra716 Member

Thanks Tasty and Tempo for the crit. Yeah i was doing that kind of fast and didnt look at the letters before I inked it.. I usually put some sort of marker to tell me the height. Oh well haha

19. ian

ian Elite Member

thanks for all the crits people, tasty i hate that D too, i really liked the MI and the N was alright and i agree the I shouldnt be connected. Also tempo i painted for the first time last week, sucked ass though. shitty wall, shitty paint, not even worth posting. hoping to get out more soon, its been raining like a bitch lately

20. Hulk

Hulk Member

Attached Files: