Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Hulk

Hulk Member

Attached Files:

2. upper90daynnight

upper90daynnight Senior Member

spray.jpg okay its kinda slopy besides the bar lines on the 3D and the bar width on certain parts any crits?

3. Rask Wsk LA

Rask Wsk LA Senior Member

spray, you got the basics of width and all the hieghts and shit, but the letters dont look so good, try simpler shit and work off a simp slowly building it into a monster

tempo, the key is to not expect it to look like what you want, just do that shit, dont put much of an expectation on it

4. Lado

Lado Senior Member

bump

5. pez 1794

pez 1794 Member

Hulk - I think it's a lot better.The top right of the D doesn't look right tho.

Upper90 - The style of it looks good. The added parts on the A and Y don't fit as well as the P one tho.

Lado - Idk maybe try bending the vertical part in towards the other letters to fill the space. The way you have it makes the L and A work pretty well but the D looks out of place.

Here's some more of mine.

Toy 1 Small.jpeg

Not to bad?

Caoz 1 Small.jpeg

Not that great. Tried to expand the letters into each other more but I think I overdid it. And the top corner of the Z is jacked up.

Besides what I already said any crits?

6. ChronicKush

ChronicKush Member

PEZ- fistone...dont keep the lines inside the letters and i think the 3d is off.
    second...no good. just keep doin simples and stick with 1 word till you get better

Got kicked out of intermediate =/ .... with no crits
    anyone got some?

0423110155.jpg

7. LeanOne

LeanOne Member

Pez - what kush said.
    Tempo - ima hit your name next, to show you what i think you should try and do.
    Hulk - With the E, it should be straight like DOP and not rotated.
    Chronickush - i think you should try and straighten up the J, it looks kinda out of place skewed like that, and you see how you kinda flick the tops of the R and D, do that on the top left end of the top bar on the J.

havent drawn for a while, i think ive improved.

[Broken External Image]:http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/4589/img00248201104231244.jpg

Was gunna enter this in the last piece battle but i missed the deadline

[Broken External Image]:http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8909/img00249201104231244.jpg

any crits ? ill crit back.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  8. Tempo718

Tempo718 Elite Member

@dope - next one do w/o color, focus on the critical aspects of structure more.
    @spray - I don't feel it would B as sloppy if you slowed down or had a way to erase.
    @Kush - stand your ground don't allow those guys to feel superior. your good yo.
    @lean - I write on and off 2 but w/e I comeback I feel stronger and wiser.
    Looking forward to seeing your concept of my name too.
    @Ian - is there any1 around for you to paint with? I respect goin dolo but sometimes
    When there is someone who has your back it's easier to relax.

9. FlatScank

FlatScank Banned

@ Tempo: try to not rotate the letters so much, i.e: your E and P
    @ Hulk: don't focus on fills, those will come later, and fills are alot easier to do that actual letter structure, but theres a good way to do a fill, and a terrible way.
    @ Spray: you got the right idea of bar width, but it doesn't mean that the width has to the same all around, thats when you noodle-like letters.
    @ Jordan: I like it, the drips are a nice touch.
    @ Lean: pretty decent, seems like something I'd see as a burner for a public train.
    My friend and I are gonna do a vs on a wall pretty soon, prob gonna paint something similar to this, plus a character, I expect this to get dissed, but I'm gonna still paint it either way.

Attached Files:

10. Hulk

Hulk Member

I know My E and D are a little off, But i work with what i had, thanks for crits. And my fill. yeahh its not the best either, I use crayola nigggga!

11. LeanOne

LeanOne Member

lol atleast you got colours brother, all i got is the mighty hb

12. upper90daynnight

thanks rask ill post some more stuff real soon

13. ribcage

ribcage Banned

@Flat yo on the real for real the less shit you put on your letters the better it turns out. The little curvey/hook extensions you put on it look terrible(like on the top of the F, or the bottom of the T) your extension going out of the bottom of the F to the left is bad. The T looks like an E or an F waaay more than it looks like a T. your A would be dope if it didnt have those little hook extensions.

Yo you got can control on your painted shit but your letters are wack, you got to break out of the same formula of sketching, cause instead of changing you letters all your doing is changing wack extensions. On this one instead of wack arrows coming out of nowhere its wack hooks coming out of nowhere. Its frusturating when you see someones sketchs go to the wall and after people tell him his letters are wack he does the same damn thing everytime but different fill or 3D...don't waste your painting skill with wack lettering. Peace

14. upper90daynnight

04-23-2011-15-08-29-47_edited-1.jpg the scanner made the bars look skinnier then they really are so with that in mind, crits please?

15. Tempo718

Tempo718 Elite Member

16. Hulk

Hulk Member

The E was pissin me off. soo i left it out this time. crits

Attached Files:

17. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

ribcage, save your breath, you know he doesn't listen and doesn't give a fuck. give crits to those who deserve them/want them homie.

18. ribcage

ribcage Banned

^the thing is dude/kid gots decent can control, and seemingly paints with *****s that got skill, so its a shame that he aint gone listen... It dont take much to change a fuckin drawing... one these days hes gone listen to somebody right?

19. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

yeah... when it's too late and when he'll have only himself to blame

20. LeanOne

LeanOne Member

why does he even post here if he dont want crits. i personally dont wanna see the same shit over and over and over with a different fill / set of funky arrows or hooks.