Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Iyk

Iyk Member

Obviously rushed the shit out of this, but the point being, is this what your asking me to aim at for now, basic lettering, keyboard etc.

Photo_00205.jpg

2. Skope2

Skope2 Senior Member

@ribcage cheers for crits man. took it into account and quickly came up with this earlier. going to stop posting shit up here after this and just get on with it for a week or two.
    the D didnt come out how i hoped
    @lyk yea sort of.. i took a picture of this one before rubbing shit out so you know what i mean by bars. P220611_16.25.jpg P220611_16.42.jpg

3. FlatScank

FlatScank Banned

some sketchs for weekend paint sessions. IMG_2085.jpg IMG_2086.jpg IMG_2087.jpg IMG_2082.jpg

4. Ace.K

Ace.K Banned

You must just get your char's from google because those stances are so generic for all of them.

5. FlatScank

FlatScank Banned

they are simple stances, I do get references from google though.

6. ribcage

ribcage Banned

just a reference though right?
    awww.chicagonow.com_blogs_and_then_what_Wile_E_Coyote.gif

7. Ace.K

Ace.K Banned

8. FlatScank

FlatScank Banned

obviously it's easier to do a free-hand from looking a picture, but it's harder to pull it off in paint, plus, hardly anyone here actually paints *Ace,Reach*, atleast I can pull off the characters when actually painting.

9. Ace.K

Ace.K Banned

You're doing legal pieces, anyone can do characters just fine when you have all the time in the world dip shit. And there's no point in me saying that I do paint because you can just call me a liar because this is the fucking internet. When really, I do go bombing. I just don't post everything I do on here to try to get some recognition like an attention wanting teenage girl.

I like that piece dude, but don't talk shit about people you don't know about.

10. FlatScank

FlatScank Banned

I do some illegal burners, don't post them though, only shit I do have all the time in the world to do, doesn't help that I'm a foreigner in the country I'm currently in.

11. SHUT

SHUT Senior Member

12. Ace.K

Ace.K Banned

Good, I hope you do. Just don't use those wack characters from google. If you can draw them doing something new and original, cool. Don't bite those pictures.

13. SHUT

SHUT Senior Member

Thanks. I feel this looked much better in person. lol

downsized_0622111752.jpg

14. SHUT

SHUT Senior Member

Don't know how I feel about these. pencil sketches.

0622111827.jpg Picture0015.JPG Picture0007.JPG

15. Rasm

Rasm Senior Member

Post sketches and crits or shut the fuck up faggots.
    @Kasr, you've got a variety of styles going. In that blue and brown simp, your letter structure isn't the greatest. The A is actually decent, but I'm definitely not feeling the right half of the K or the S. Also try not to vary your bar width too much. The top and bottom halves of the R don't seem to line up on the left side near the S. And the blue 3D on the R is much longer than the brown 3D on the rest of the letters.
    The sketch below it (also brown and blue) doesn't have consistent bar width either, especially in the S. If the A and the R were next to each other it would flow, but the S sort of kills it. I'm not really feeling all the zigzags either in the bottom right parts of the K, A, and R. Also instead of just throwing a triangle in the middle of the A, actually line it up with the bars.
    In the first pencil sketch your letters are all over the place with tons of varied bar widths. This one's hard to crit because it's way too wild for your skill level right now. Take a step back.
    The second pencil sketch is some of the best work I've seen from you. The A is a little odd but besides that it's mostly good. This is definitely a style that you should keep pushing.
    The last one looks cool at first glance, but upon further inspection it becomes clear that it lacks letter structure. This is a style that could be good with practice but you need better letters before it's going to work.

16. Rezume_or_die

Rezume_or_die Member

17. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

Rezume- try working on that M, and that arrow on the left is kinda random. thats a dope character

crits?
    ai136.photobucket.com_albums_q168_matthew1o_0622111958.jpg

18. BillBonham

BillBonham Member

Whats up everyone, I'm new to graffiti, haven't chosen a name yet so here's some random shit I drew this week.
    Give me your criticism.
    IMG_0372.JPG
    IMG_0370.JPG
    IMG_0368.JPG

19. BillBonham

BillBonham Member

Thanks a lot man I really appreciate that.

First one says: Teckno
    Second one: KASM (4 letters I thought were cool)
    Third one: Booty Warrior from The Boondocks

20. SHUT

SHUT Senior Member

ok. Well, make sure you seperate the "T" and "E" on the first one. the second one looks like LASM more than KASM you have no top right line for the K. The character is sick man. If you clean up a few things with the arrangement you should try posting in the regular blackbook thread. Better crits there. and post the character in the character thread. you'll get props.

ok, i just looked at your KASM one again. i see it now. but make the left of the K larger.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2011