Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

dont post it up right away. keep it. look at it. study it. ask yourself how you can improve it. Think, bar width, baseline, negativespace, consistency in letters basically. and post up once youve done ten hundred of them... haha nah, but do more then one. try to improve on your own a bit. you cant fuck up too hard if you just write it like NEON.

Edit:
    god i am up way too late on this shit.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  2. DaFugg

DaFugg Senior Member

Haha you sound a bit cranky too haha.

3. "FrY"

"FrY" Member

Alrighty then. Ill make a couple simple ones. The more I make, Ill try to improve on them. Thanks dank (holy shit i just rhymed).

4. EWL24

EWL24 Senior Member

Shroomsh - thats sick i like the 2 Ts on trents name

dank- late? where do u live? for me its only 10 :D

5. Rasm

Rasm Senior Member

@Shroomish, nice work man. What pens did you use on that? The S on the Hoeski one is slightly squished but besides that it's pretty dope. I'm sure your friends will be impressed.

@Fry, man you need to lose the extra bits and notches. It says NEON? You need to make the middle bar of the E much more defined because it looks like a C. Actually, it is a C.

It's past 1am here but I couldn't sleep at this hour if I tried.

Here's some random bullshit for talking.

ai78.photobucket.com_albums_j89_fearophobia_imag088111.jpg

6. Shroomsh

Shroomsh Senior Member

thanks everyone
    Rasm- i just used a blue felt tip or fineliner whatever you wanna call them, would of used black but i did it in internal suspension and i couldnt resource one aha.
    i like the kash piece, but the a needs work, the k doesnt really look the part. without the k would look like a dope "ash" piece aha

7. ribcage

ribcage Banned

this is just abstract broskis, yall cant read it because its not letters, just me fuxin around witta pencil... might do something piece related with it but I aint got the bars to paint somethin like this yet so it just playin for now

8. DaFugg

DaFugg Senior Member

100_3229.jpg
    Think I did pretty good on this personally, Things I noticed and am going to fix though: I foorgot the blue around the top left star thing (I know what it's called, not how it's spelled) . I bit the O from that Xerox peice which BTW I thought was dope. But I fucked it up filling over the "Exchange" I wrote in it. Pardon the angle of the shot.

Just a side note, those recognition pens from micheals are fucking amazing.

9. FlatScank

FlatScank Banned

picked up a new sketch book, and one of those Copic markers. IMG_2163.jpg

10. DaFugg

DaFugg Senior Member

I cant crit that, I really like it, I'm sure it's not flawless, but I have no complaints Flat, keep it up

11. Rasm

Rasm Senior Member

Actually it says KAP, just to let you know. :D

@DaFugg, You gotta push those letters closer together and stop biting haha. Looks like Seder influenced your E a little bit. Just keep pounding out simples.

@Flat, This is basically the same thing I always see from you. I wish you would lose the random extensions like the one on the bottom of the T, and never draw the heart-shaped bottom of the A again, but oh well. I'd widen the horizontal bar on the F a little bit and definitely work on those handies. It's not too bad overall though.

ai78.photobucket.com_albums_j89_fearophobia_imag0885.jpg

12. .Cuore

.Cuore Senior Member

13. Shroomsh

Shroomsh Senior Member

ahah i always use the heart shapein my pieces, i used to despise it, but now its more like my message to all the tryhard toys that try to be brutal thinking the graffiti is violence related tell ing them that they will never be as good as me until they stop trying to be something they arent, or something like that

14. Rasm

Rasm Senior Member

Oh I mean if you have some sort of message you're spreading with it that's one thing, but for the most part it's just people biting the I from the Flava font on graffiticreator.net

Here's an unfinished freestyle sketch for talking.
    [Broken External Image]:http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6690/imag088711.jpg

15. aces

aces Elite Member

yeah, i agree with rasm, if youre actually interested in becoming an artist, graffiticreators the worst place to go

I wish those fonts were displayed on the streets instead of the net where toys bite them and run wild.

hhahah too true

I wish those fonts would disappear lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2011
  16. aces

aces Elite Member

For some reason the K's, R's, and S's are bothering me but I can't quite put my thumb on it...They just don't seem to fit well I guess but other than that it's nice and well put together.

Like everyone said lose the little notches, make the E more like an E and try to keep both the height of your letters the same throughout the piece as well as the width of your bars (at least for now...)

Not too bad there...Nice and simple (although I'm not really a fan of the box around the S you got going on there but other than that it's got potential :)

I could see this reading WLY haha but really you got potential with the whole 3D thing. I've tried for so long and I can do some "eh" 3D stuff but this is definitely way better...work some purposeful letters into a new 3D sketch and see how it goes!

To add to your list, the E looks really weird with with the top and bottom bars almost touching so try angling them differently. Also get your letters closer together and lose the scribbles over the red. Lastly work on keeping your 3D going in a uniform direction or to a vanishing point if you know how to do that (See the 3D on top of the vertical bar of the E compared to the 3D on top of your O? Notice the difference between a slant like "/" and one like "_". Glad to see you're at least keeping it simple though :)

The bottom arrow on the F makes it look a bit like an S so consider dropping/adjusting that and the bottom arrow on the T makes it look either like a really shitty "h" or an alright "R" so work that out too. I'm not too sure about the extension off the right of the A either but don't really know what to do with it haha...

The top of the left part of the M looks really strange the way it connects, the U looks good though but then on the RPH they each have one part that doesn't flow with the piece. The R has the arrow like thing on the bottom, the P has the bar that angles in towards the vertical bar and the connector to the bottom of the R, and the H has that connector to itself on the left side...Other than that it's nice and simple and flows pretty well at least :)

Looking pretty good but I don't really see a need for the horizontal bar on the middle left of the M there and the one under the C doesn't really fit with the style...The A on the end looks like it's trying to run away from the rest of the piece so push that closer in. All in all it's not bad but at a second glance the S, I, and C don't really flow with that style so just something to work on...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  17. ribcage

ribcage Banned

^fasho breh I got an exchange in the works in my brothers book, its 1/4 done i'll have pic as soon as dank gets them shits I sent him

@rasm yo freestyles arent done in pencil first....

Lol ah font creators, I peeped game at a few way back iin the day, some of em are actually pretty cool if I remember correctly the ones that got some dope ass color scheme shits but etrocious letters

18. Messer

Messer Senior Member

rasm-i'm digging the A,M and C, but the R is bugging me, idk, maybe try fattening up the loop and the leg connection, and erase the line separating the left leg. just my two cents.

decided to get all colourful and shit last night, i like how it turned out, excuse the shitty camera quality.
    View attachment 609463

19. Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory Elite Member

You should not do characters.
    Or buckets.
    You should also try adding some highlights to your pieces.

20. Messer

Messer Senior Member

there are highlights its just my shitty camera doesnt show them. also, the bucket is bullshit i agree, i need to work on drawing shit 3D.alot. crits on the piece though? also, rather than telling me not to draw tell me what im doing wrong for next time, like constructive and shit ;)