Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Chat

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Edward"Sezer"Hands, Aug 17, 2007.

Share This Page

1. sweet bro

sweet bro Banned

you can redeem credits now..................... ,,,,,,,,

well ribcage i guess all that shitposting will pay off

2. ribcage

ribcage Banned

shitposting? My posts are 100% premium. You jus upset that no one laughs at your jokes, and that Phat has you by the balls banning you all da time

3. Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory Elite Member

I can't condone anything that phat does, and I think the comics are kind of funny..

As far as hands only, I say you'd have to have a bangin hand and a metric shit ton of ups to get noticed

4. ribcage

ribcage Banned

doh! Dont feed the nah flawless, he'll just keep coming back if you feed taht ego

5. Alpha-76

Alpha-76 Member

That reply does make sense but here's how I've been seeing things lately ...

Personally I see way more tags than I see pieces. All I notice are tags. Pieces seem to be tucked away in spots where you can take some time to put your shit up w/o being harrassed. Not neccessarily in high visibility spots. Of course there are exceptions to that but when I speed by the wall pieces that face roads/highways it's hard to read and or appreciate the extra effort.

I can put a large tag up at major intersection and I know it will be seen and it takes seconds. This is just how I see it right now. I guess the real question is who you want to see what you've done. Pieces will more likely be viewed by other artists as they frequent the same spots. Tags are more likely to be seen by everyone as they are in common areas.

It also depends on which city you live in. I've lived in cities where pieces were the majority and tags were secondary. Where I'm at now it seems like the opposite ...

Interesting discussion to me.

6. Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory Elite Member

It doesn't make sense?
    I'll explain it in laymans terms..
    If you are only going to do hands, they need to be REALLY GOOD and you need A LOT of them for anyone to give a fuck

You can do a hand in only a few seconds, and that's exactly why people do pieces/throws in hot spots instead of hands,
    it shows that you have those gutter jake ducking skills needed for doing a streetside fill.

7. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

what up rib been a while

8. Alpha-76

Alpha-76 Member

I said it does make sense. I understood you perfectly well. Thanks for the replies.

9. ribcage

ribcage Banned

youve missed absolutely nothing

10. Strange Journeys

Strange Journeys Senior Member

i remember when you joined hipe, with yap. i had a differnet name then. rib can get a can of molotow, thats what im saving for

11. ribcage

ribcage Banned

I dont want no paint man, stuff doesnt even get my high anymore

12. Alpha-76

Alpha-76 Member

Anyway ... this is how I sees it.

The tag is your logo or brand. To really be recognizable your brand needs to be unique and not too complex. Think about how corporations do it. Like Coca Cola. I can recognize their brand a fucking mile away. Why? Repetition. They have their logo and brand identity and they stay true to it. Yeah occasionally you'll see a fancy Coke sign or ad but mostly you see that same Coca Cola handwritten logo over and over again. That's why it is so easy to spot. You've seen it a million times. They hardly ever deviate from it.

So to me I prefer tagging to anything else. My tag is the brand or logo identity I want people to recognize a mile away. There are a few taggers who are so prolific in the city where I live that I see their names everywhere. Those tags follow the same principles as the Coke brand. Easy to read, not too complex, consistent and repetitious. To me anything other than a tag is stepping out of the repetition and consistency elements. If I were to do a throw up it would just be a huge version of my tag.

If you really want to get into branding yourself consider using a limited color palette. Never deviate. Shapes work too. Once again the Coke bottle is not simply the way it is just because. People get paid big money to determine what that bottle will look like so you recognize it immediately. Graffiti writers don't even take it to the level corporations do. Coke bombs the hell out of your city. So does McDonalds. They do it legally with paid ads and signs but to me there's no difference. So I tag to throw my brand up, even if it looks wack, as a tongue-and-cheek sentiment to what corporations do. They pay to have their brand up and I just take it. It makes a mockery of the whole stupid process.

So I am not trying to say stop doing pieces and tag only I am just telling my bit to show how I'm coming at it. Will I eventually have a metric ton of tags. Hell yeah. I can put up hundreds in a night riding the bus here and there all over the city. The more that are out there the more recognizable my tag will be since they will be the same over and over. That is once I get it settled haha =P

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  13. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

14. Alpha-76

Alpha-76 Member

In general? Yeah, I agree with that ...

15. ribcage

ribcage Banned

ima sum this up for everyone else. here we go:

blah blah blah blah mcdonalds blah blah coke blah blah blah blah I read a graffiti book or watched a graff movie or two, and now I want to be like a corporation and force you to look at my shitty hands (cause I wont do anything else) all over the city, so your hard working tax dollars can be used to buff it because I dont know where to tag that the buffman cant reach. I cant do a throw, so im not going to, I cant do a piece, so im not going to. Im going to stay in my shell like a turtle and not branch out blah blah blah blah blah

anywaaaaaays like you said, they pay to put that shit up, on billboards or posters in the subways or in malls they pay. So who are they paying? For everything they put up, theyre paying the city for. You on the other hand, are forcing us and making us pay

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  16. Alpha-76

Alpha-76 Member

Hahahah that's awesome.

Aww someone cares enough to hate! See MN Nice - ?

Why are you trolling the Toys forum anyway? Just like griefing mofos for no reason other than to try and throw your weight around?

Its easy to figure out what does and does not get buffed unless you're an ignoramus.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  17. Alpha-76

Alpha-76 Member

Damn I'm bored ... uggghhhhh nobody but senior trolls wanna chat?

18. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

go talk to your cat or something, itll give more of a shit about you then anyone here.

19. Alpha-76

Alpha-76 Member

Damn this place is fucking full of senior trolls holy shit! Man you must feel pretty awesome with that Senior Member handle. Aww man I live for that day ...

**yawn**

20. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

lol, its there so we know who the bitches are. minus the few who sneak in... cough cough mnnice cough cough