Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. souloner

souloner Member

shush,

you could try doing your letters in pencil first it makes them easier to go over in marker it will help with the lines a bit.

also if you want help with letter structure, idk where you started but what you should do when making simples is to make sure your bars are even width. theres a few spots where your bars are being squeezed or expanded

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2011
  2. shush4

shush4 Member

for some odd reason my letters dont come out as good lol

3. emace1

emace1 Member

If you're using bars and pencil they will come out better, trust me. also, at least in the early stages, try to keep all the letters straight if youre doing a straight. keep them as simple and consistent as possible.

4. LIZARD

LIZARD Senior Member

u gotta do ur curved lines in one solid motion, u can tell u stop every little bit to re adjust ur hand/paper and especially with a marker it never lines up perfect once u stop..get that down and it should make ur shit look a lot better

5. souloner

souloner Member

@ shush,
    then you can use a fine tip first then use a larger sharpie (just assuming that's what you use) and go over it, try not to lift the marker to much or leave it in one spot especially corners cuz they tend to bleed and then you get dots on ever corner lol

i use pencil, then a fine tip, erase the pencil and then use a larger tip and do just the outside lines see my b/w piece to see what i mean lol

6. MyNipsAreHard

MyNipsAreHard Senior Member

also shush if your going to do 3D fill it in. dont leave it white

7. emace1

emace1 Member

anyone wanna give me anymore crits on mine?

8. shush4

shush4 Member

you shouldnt disregard what i said. its actually rather important

9. sane.

sane. Member

10. Shroomsh

Shroomsh Senior Member

Astok #4.jpg
    this lookd alright until i aded the blue :(

11. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

what are we supposed to do to get you people to stop writing sane?

12. sane.

sane. Member

gimme a better word?

13. ZETA

ZETA Senior Member

nah i think the blue makes it pop. personally, i dig. i dont really like the arrows in the middle though...

14. PETER

PETER Elite Member

I like this a lot. Exchange? I like your handstyle too.

Shush4: You're getting a lot better quickly. You listen to what others have to say and you work on it right off the bat. On that latest piece... Make your first S like your second and your second H like your first. It will help keep the flow going. Most of your letters move from left to right as they go down (if that makes sense). And I think keeping that across the board will work well with what you have going on right now.

15. toopski

toopski Guest

shroomsh do u paint bro?

ud alrdy have a better style then a bunch of adelaide writers, heaps of toys and biters around lately but wont name drop on here gotta respect them for trying

16. PETER

PETER Elite Member

butseks! seriously though.... do you have any nicknames?

17. toopski

toopski Guest

just dont write sane lol maybe change the letter combo around and keep same letters who knows just maybe next time research the name if its a big known artist stay clear if not who cares unless ur from the same place

18. MyNipsAreHard

KOOK skate.jpg
    KOTR.jpg
    some pieces i did on my boards. crit it up

19. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

Heyyyy, finally another person on this forum that skates. What deck you riding right now man? But for crits, the top kook is pretty good, the top right of the k's shouldn't get thin where it connects to the leg. And i'm diggin that KOTR, but thicken up the bottom of your T to match the rest of the letters. otherwise it looks like you have a decent understanding of letters.

Another one I finished today. Self crits - the left loop of my M is too small and my background is fucked.

ai126.photobucket.com_albums_p104_skier46_IMG00374_20110929_1518433bf23ae9e60703c43ee13cb1786e.jpg

20. MyNipsAreHard

MUES- thanks dude- but right now im riding daryl angel habitat. just got it today actually. because of the broken deck above. haha. but your deffinitely getting betting. your self crits are pretty accurate and overall pretty good piece. not diggin the background so much tho