Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. askew

askew New Member

I've recently started doing some handstyles and working on a name. I finally settled on ENDS, but made the mistake of showing people the sketches of them etc. I have a couple other names I have in mind, and am wondering if I should change my name. Also, I have a picture of a couple quick handstyles of 3 different names looking for crits, etc. DSCN1349.jpg

2. tra_kind_liar

tra_kind_liar Member

looks good.. go crazier + tie things together.. work out side your comfort zone...

3. EWL24

EWL24 Senior Member

tra kind liar - im sorry but that looks horrible i cant make out one letter, u need to just work on Key Board letter right now
    askew - do not go crazier, and those should be in the toy tags thread, not here.
    both u guys should also go check out the new to graffiti forum since u are both just starting

4. tra_kind_liar

tra_kind_liar Member

wait wait... i was just doing random shapes, i didnt do letters..... well damn.. is this feed just for letters?

5. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

This is graffiti. Rarely you'll find 3d pieces but otherwise yes, its letter based. And hold back on giving advice.

6. EWL24

EWL24 Senior Member

oh... well next time tell people it doesnt say anything

7. TBS

TBS Senior Member

8. ribcage

ribcage Banned

the B and E on the second one is the only thing I like. what happened to the steaz like form your last battle entries?

some bullshit
    1203111920.jpg

9. SynOne

SynOne Senior Member

Phat I know I'm not one of those respectable men. So I'm not going to really crit it. But one thing I noticed was that the N in Absorbing seemed to be hidden to much.

10. Colors

Colors Banned

tempo do simple things like this.
    downsized_1128111820.jpg

11. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

haha syn, I didn't mean to say that you're not respectable, I was just referring to the guys that have a bit more experience in this stuff, coz their comments are usually more accurate and useful..
    anyway, we painted that piece today and it was fucking exhausting, it's a highway spot, and the thing is MONSTROUS really. it's so big, I couldn't fit the whole thing in one photo despite the fact that I crossed the road to take the flick. I ended up taking a lotta consecutive flicks which I'm gonna stick together.
    will post the thing once I get the patience and physical strength to use photoshop again...
    thanks for the input though everyone

12. dmot_snts

dmot_snts Member

looking for some feedback, much appreciated. Still a toy, but working hard.

demoiv.jpg

Attached Files:

13. SynOne

SynOne Senior Member

I tried to do like a 3d crack ordeal in this. But I was so blunted I went with too many cracks so... I fucked that one up.

1323031644287.jpg

14. ribcage

ribcage Banned

that T is garbage. and you've used it in the last 3 shits you posted

15. dmot_snts

dmot_snts Member

syonone one 3d will look better, get rid of the 3d for the outline. The E and W look ok, play with those letters, just go crazy with them.

16. Tempo718

Tempo718 Elite Member

wtf g that sig is comedy as hell lolz

smot dmot?- thazz kinah toy but at same time it like dope

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  17. SynOne

SynOne Senior Member

Looking for some crits on this before I ink it up. I think I need to make the K smaller. The 3d missing on the W is already fixed. Didn't notice before I posted.

1323039642746.jpg

18. Tempo718

Tempo718 Elite Member

I understand that u never post in here g but anyway that is a nice share n' on the real, good concept, unseen 2 me, nice touch
    AYO Phat question for you since I gotchu readin n ish do mathematics ever come into putting up a piece?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  19. ribcage

ribcage Banned

@syn lay down 2 horizontal lines before you sketch, cause the ewt is like a half inch higher than the rest. Then look at all your bar widths and make them consistant( whole T, top of E, top of S, bottom of S). Then look at the negative space of all your letters, the worst part is the space between the K and E at the top, find a way to get rid of that.

20. SynOne

SynOne Senior Member

Ribcage - Agreed with the letters being higher up. But one thing. The bars I purposely made them uneven. Like thin to thicker.