Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Intermediate Thread

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by (SoS)Viruz, Mar 14, 2009.

Share This Page

1. PETER

PETER Elite Member

there is a difference between a crit and talking shit for the sake of talking shit. He does have some solid pages. He has started actually giving advice which goes a lot farther than talking shit. He's got artistic tallent that's for sure. I've seen most of these cats be far more humble about things than Phil ever has and haven't seen a bit of a bloated egos from any of them.... except Phil. I look forward to seeing the results.

2. Mori

Mori Senior Member

3. Mori

Mori Senior Member

So what's the word? Broke?

4. kringe

kringe Senior Member

He's not straight talking shit though. Just cause he doesn't take the time to sugarcoat his crits to a bunch of random strangers doesn't mean you guys get the right to get mad.

5. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Kill your self isn't a crit, nor is quit along with half of the shit he spews. I'm not mad nor are most of these guys, we've mostly ignored him (I know I have since I caught on to his shit the first day I joined). When he actually takes time to give a decent crit he does really well. Most of the time it's just obnoxious, hateful, bull shit. I'm not asking for sugar or sweet'n low honey or anything else. Hell I've asked for harsh crits so I can improve, but for fucks sake be useful not just a dick.

6. paintfaceVT

paintfaceVT Senior Member

attachment-1.jpg

posted this trash didnt you? just admit it, you dont paint as often as you say, your definition of toy, and if not the intermediate thread is where your always gonna be, can tell based on your sloppy ass painting. get letters you fuck.

7. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

u can see the letters in ^there... and wasnt that posted ages ago? It doesnt take but 5 or 6 full color pieces of the same size to develop intermediate control....

@peter dude, why did you get butthurt over what he said to someone else? And why are you taking it up in a thread that you dont belong in?

IF your not intermediate, you should not even be allowed to speak in this thread, no chatter, no props, no crits, no shit. Its ridiculous how much flooding by people who dont belong is happening

8. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

Hahaha that's a homie's pool dawg. That's not illegal. I was crossfaded and got the okay to paint someone's pool... So I jumped at it.

And kringe knows where I'm at..

I don't intend to be a douche. I'm sorry if that's how I come across.. I just don't think the graffiti world has time for me to be sugarcoating my criticism on everyone's letters. When do I ever tell people to kill themselves because they suck at graffiti? No. I tell people to kill themselves when they take their graffiti so seriously that they won't listen to other people's criticism. You don't have to take it to heart. Just don't get butthurt when I say I don't like it. Notice I didn't say anything about you guys saying my piece is wack? Because I can see where you'd think it's wack.

If you want a serious crit, bit by bit, each individual part of your piece, feel free to send me a message, and I'll get the crit done spot on. But there are way too many toys for me to go in-depth with every person I see posting in this thread. And I'm the kind that rambles for fucking ever. Like I doubt any of you will read this far into this post.

I tell people to quit graffiti when I see that they're not going to try to get better. You have to come into the graffiti world with an open mind, ready to change. I fucking SUCKED when I started. I'm still no veteran. I do what I have to do, I paint when I have paint (which is pretty regularly, you guys assume a lot considering how much you hide on the internet), and I draw a lot. Sorry, I've been focused on my future too much to develop new letter styles, and that last piece was the first new structure I've tried in a long time. It's not my best. I don't care. It's experience. Another notch under the belt. Oh well. I'll probably improve it and paint it. Just like most of my other pieces.

tl;dr: I don't care what anonymous graffiti enthusiasts on the internet think of my anonymous personality on the internet. I'm not going to sugarcoat my criticism because there are far too many of you to go in depth with every piece you post. If you can admit I have artistic talent and that I know graffiti, then you may want to take my asshole criticism into account. Even if it is asshole criticism. I'll try to lighten up for the sake of all of you anonymous writers. But PaintfaceVT is a bitch, always will be a bitch, and can suck my motherfuckin cock. You have nothing on me and never will.

The word is Shake? sounds good to me. I'll have it done when I care to do a graffiti piece for a bunch of anonymous people on the internet. Probably in a couple days. I don't care about the color scheme. Piece and throw. No characters.

If PaintfaceVT beats me, honestly, I will leave this site. So bring your best shit, kiddo. I'll still burn your faggot ass.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  9. sadgeh

sadgeh Senior Member

can we place bets?

10. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

@sadgeh

11. Mori

Mori Senior Member

2011-11-05 16.21.40.jpg something quick. I don't really like the bottom of the letters with the blocks. Any crits?

12. weakfingers

weakfingers Elite Member

Aside from a couple of new dope cats I see on here, its the same old wack shit over and over. From personal experience just take a break from bs and youll see a major jump in your style.
    Got to drunk last night and fucked up the chrome fill but overall i feel its okay
    afarm8.staticflickr.com_7004_6539866751_3ae30dcc62_b.jpg

13. gemer

gemer Senior Member

^^^ dope im diggen it man
    @mori dope shit bro keep em comin haha ribcage can suck a dick

14. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

15. Mori

Mori Senior Member

Nah color scheme is real nasty no doubt. Left over paint though. And the r is pretty stiff, I wouldn't say my best work. That's for sure.lol. thanks rib. And thanks a lot gem, much more to come

16. FlippingChickens

FlippingChickens Banned

Sear - fuck that orange with white and teal is dope! I agree with brute about the connections , i dont really like them either, but its still nice as fuck man, good job..would have even looked better without that garbage in the background, should have taken an extra can of white to make a splash to cover that toy shit up.. your style is dope man and u got it down, i agree with stuck about pushing your limits, don't be worried about making something wack, one always learns something from something badly done, nothing wrong with experimenting bro.

Phil - not the best sketch ive seen from you, i still like it though even if its quirky. black fill and white outline, cant go wrong with that, always looks good. Only thing i can ask u bro is why u always give harsh crits man? You have a medical marijuana card, i thought weed is supposed to make you humble and nice?

brute - why u so mad at phil for? Who fucking cares if he is an asshole , the world is filled with assholes, your gonna care about an asshole on the INTERNET? Telling him to get letters makes you look dumb bro, he got letters down, just cuz he doesnt post any illegal doesnt mean he aint doing work. Im not saying he is putting in work, but you never know man so its best just to shut up and let him be.

Squint - straight fire bro, would look awesome on a wall. Only thing i can say is that i would have prefered the "t" to stop where the orange arrow is in the bottom of it, kinda looks like a "c" or "e" but still good work bro.

ribcage - ehhh that shit is pretty basic bro, nothing special.

mori - i agree with the blocks, they dont look good, kick that "r" out man and the top part of the "o" kills it.

[Broken External Image]:http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz26/flippingchickens/scan0006-5.jpg

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  17. weakfingers

weakfingers Elite Member

Word, thanks for the advice man, ^^^^ I'm having a really hard time with T's theres nothing much you can do with them because of the symmetry and balence on the bottom bar. Ultimatly I was trying to mirror out the S's bottom shape but with that style I was trying to work with new york times T letter form, kinda like this
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.newfangled.com/stuff/contentmgr/files/2/c3c039a962a0f7ed635a4118e5a4d055/misc/t.gif

I know even the old english T looks like a C or even a E but is there any suggestions anyone could give me to define the letter abit more, or could help me with some T ideas. Its the fucking balence aspect of the letter thats driving me nuts!!!

18. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

shyoo T at the end of a word is troublesom, with all the negative space it creates. I cant really help ya with the suggestions for that T's balance cause to me it looks fine, but you could always elongate and cross you straight letter T's twice, and you could easily make it a character since its at the end... fuck t's

@mori yeah man, I dont get why he told me to eat a dick when I was just stating the obvious... he must be having personal problems

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  19. Mori

Mori Senior Member

I don't know rib. Some of y'all are quite hostile, and could tone it down a few notches and get your heads back on writing. Cause personally I just check this site out for some quality tips and a bit of Graff chit chat here and there. That's it as far as I am concerned

20. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

I try to keep it to the toy threads or general discussion, and not talk shit unless someones shit is actually shit ya dig? but some people are just plain rude:D

im gonna go ahead and bump the last, and add an old pen freebie the H got all kinds of fucked up but whatevers

View attachment 618713

if any1 wants to exchange pen freebies, its all i do now

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011