Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. BennyBoii

BennyBoii Senior Member

wow, props to that and thanks

2. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

You should have been using fatter caps. You could have filled two or three letters with one can.

3. Mori

Mori Senior Member

^ yea I can usually rock my whole name with one can of rusto or dollar paint, but I have this can of rusto white and its pretty old, I've never seen one like it, but its a tall can and had 25% more then standard rusto, but the valve is not working, I can insert a cap but it doesn't push down to release paint, its frustrating and I'd 2012-01-07 11.46.19.jpg really like to use this can, any advice?

4. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

wish I could've.
    the dollar cans we were using were males. and I don't have any female fats. the stock caps that were on there wasn't all that skinny either, they were fine enough, if they ddidn't have that soft cap dot effect (condensed center with soft edges as opposed to the clean edged spray pattern the ny fat does) they'd be great for everything really

5. how can sheban!?

how can sheban!? Banned

fatter caps make wider lines

but thinner caps... noone has dared ventured engough into the danger to find out... and thouse that do........ never.....................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,C:,......./.,......,.,/, NEVER RETURN

6. BennyBoii

BennyBoii Senior Member

have any of u ever done a throw with markers, me and my mate did't have any paint and got the smart idea to do it with markers, i'll get some pictures later

7. gemer

gemer Senior Member

how big was the throw man and the markers cuz that seems kinda dumb to me
    @mor damn man idk what id do prolly jsut savor it in my corner wishing it would work one day lol

8. sadgeh

sadgeh Senior Member

Cause im having a lil trouble with two O's in my name, i was wondering should i stick to 'Rook' or make it 'Rok'. But i prefer stick to 'Rook' and then is the reall question that i dont how to improve my O's?

9. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

10. sadgeh

sadgeh Senior Member

But just practice on simple O's in begin? Only simples or more own style to add on my O's?

11. BennyBoii

BennyBoii Senior Member

we used a pentel shorty, there pretty nice but there all ways streaky, and they worn't that big

12. Jake_NN_Bake

Jake_NN_Bake Senior Member

Hello everyone,
    This is indeed my first post. I know I'm a toy and everything, and I know that no matter how good of a question I ask that most of the replies will be sarcastic answers meant to demean me. But as an aspiring writer and photographer I am inclined to get writers opinions on the subject.
    Being a photographer, I enjoy going out and finding different subjects to capture. Graffiti is a very interesting subject and I enjoy photographing it. So here is my question. Obviously I photograph pieces and whatnot to document them. If I captured a piece regularly (no artistic touch given) first, then put my own photographic spin on it in a separate picture, would you (as the writer) get mad?

13. BennyBoii

BennyBoii Senior Member

what, do you mean photo shopping?

14. Jake_NN_Bake

No. Let me explain,
    I was reading up on photographing graffiti and I came across someone who said that you should just document it. No other elements in it to make it the photographer's own vision (like blur, or portrait work with pieces as a background, or just capturing it as an artistic photograph). I thought that was quite strange since most photographers' goals are to make every picture their own statement. Did that make sense?

15. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

graff is done in public, it's free for anyone to shoot, photoshop, jerk off to.. whatever floats your boat dude. if writers didn't want you to see their shit, there wouldn't be any graff. Do whatever you please with whatever you please, no one can stop you.
    As long as you don't claim to be the one who wrote pieces present in your photos, and as long as you don't sell those photos and/or make money out of them (any commercial use of others' works - unless it;s your job to do so, like if you're a journalist or something) no one cares about it.

just know your limits, know the history by educating yourself about this thing you claim to "admire", and don't post THROW-UPS in a TAGS thread

16. Jake_NN_Bake

Thanks for the feedback.
    Sorry about the throw ups. I saw other people post multiples and got carried away.

17. BennyBoii

BennyBoii Senior Member

well in that sense, yeah knock your self out
    on a more serious note tomorrow i'm going to bunnings(hardware store) and racking some paint, if i fill up a chiller bag(one of those cheap ones from coles) and walk out of the drive in place you get the wood you think i'll get stopped, and if i am stopped what should i say?
    i'm new to racking paint so don't rip my nuts off, i'm just asking

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  18. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

if you get caught and it's all out in the open, the best thing to do is to be VERY nice and cooperative. own up to what you did and appologize politely. say you'll pay for the stuff and that you realize what you did was wrong and that you promise you won't steal again, and if they're chill enough, they'll just let you go in peace... don't struggle and make things worse by being a dick. and smile in gratitude if you're let go. say thanks also.
    and that's how you trick a home free

19. BennyBoii

BennyBoii Senior Member

what if your a broke bastard like, can't afford to pay for the paint and that why your stealing. also i just cut into the foam a little to make a little pouch for markers

20. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Most stores have a policy of not stopping shoplifters. They may ask you to stop, but if you keep going they typically wont stop you. It's not worth the 40 bucks in loss to get hurt. You can typically find out what their policy is online or by talking to employees. They may have hired security out side in a car like at walmart but you can usually get by them. Just try not to look like a scumbag going in and a nervous wreck leaving. If you want to minimize risk you could grab a dollar can and a bunch of whatever else you want and use a self check out just ringing up the dollar can for each can you picked up.