Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Throwies

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fube, Apr 10, 2008.

Share This Page

1. SkateJunt

SkateJunt Senior Member

haha yeah man thats definately my real name

2. DMND

DMND New Member

Just messin with a new name. Crits appreciated.

20120115_004652-1.jpg

3. Jake_NN_Bake

Jake_NN_Bake Senior Member

4. 206sape

206sape Member

cool bro why does it matter what age i am? im just reppin my crews and showin my art dont give me shit

5. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

gerb i wouldnt call it bombing unless its in a busy spot and u go bigger... no one uses silver for hollow throwups... unless maybe its an all black wall or somethin

sape thats not a throwup, put it in the 'post ur painted pieces' thread or something... id call it a fillin, looks real small though

goon throwups are supposed to be fast and usually u shouldnt put a full color background on it lol the idea is 'throwing' ur name 'up' on the wall as fast as u can with style... keep at it, try markers or pens instead of colored pencils lol

meh...
    afarm8.staticflickr.com_7023_6702365145_3261a93263_z.jpg

6. SkateJunt

SkateJunt Senior Member

its not like that was all i did, just all i really bothered to flick and its right at the side of a busy road near a busy intersection, il take a flick today of a hollow i did on a wall at the actual intersection, and i caught around 50 tags and 3 hollows going down the main road all with cans, so im pretty sure thats bombing. but about the silver yeah i guess, dont really know why i did it in silver, i guess i though it would be more visible, maybe il go back and fill it n outline in black

7. manchoo

manchoo Member

8. manchoo

manchoo Member

9. sadgeh

sadgeh Senior Member

How fast can you put that throw up on the wall? Mine cost me 5 a 6 minutes still practicing but with this you have to be in stress all the time?

10. threethirty

threethirty Member

11. SkateJunt

SkateJunt Senior Member

12. SkateJunt

SkateJunt Senior Member

and make dropshadow on the drips same as on the throw

13. threethirty

threethirty Member

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  14. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

lose the line in the bottom of the V... and i dont think u should define the C more, looked better the first time.... basically work on the drop shadow ur attempting cuz its not workin... its easy though all u haveta do is think of the whole throw moved down and to the left a little bit... or whichever way u want the drop to go..... seems like it just doesnt fit right on the top left of the V.... ull get it

oh and throws should never take more than like 4 minutes... i aim for 2 minutes or less, but its easier to do the fill with cans compared to markers... and u can go huge and itll still take no time really.... just dont worry about bein super clean, throws are meant to be grimy, clean throwups are for sponsored fags that get paid to paint lol as long as the outline is dope the throw will impress... i hate when people take their time and do cutbacks on throws...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  15. threethirty

threethirty Member

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. Looking at it I definitely like the first C more too, and I'm going to try and work on my shadows. They're just hard, mine look a little thick I think. That's good advice, I definitely want mine to go to the left. I've done tags with paint with an old, toy name but never done a throw up with paint so I want to make sure it doesn't look like shit when I actually get up with it. But I'll work on my throw and post what I have eventually, I appreciate the advice again.

16. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

looking for some zook crits please

17. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

i like the sesik one most.... and the RAI in the brains one is nice, but the N is too big and the B needs work... the Ts in tart look good, maybe try a lowercase r on that one keep the rest the same....
    the second one looks like pesoe or somethin, not feelin that first letter.... and the cross and 4 dots in the O is overdone by a lot of writers... just make different faces in ur Os that are somewhat original

18. Skadeem

Skadeem Senior Member

19. snoketg

snoketg Senior Member

skad you should work on your letters some more im not really feelin the squariness of them all

20. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Hipe and zook. I am in need of some inspiration for throws. Mine are super horrible and you guys motivate the shit out of me to work on them. If you guys could do some really basic hollows that say Antik I would greatly appriciate it. If not tottally cool too.