Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. SLVRONE

SLVRONE Member

2. SLVRONE

SLVRONE Member

3. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

Bangin. Take notes kids. Notice his bars. Keep with this style dude, you down to exchange?

4. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

Attached Files:

5. oversprae mds

oversprae mds Senior Member

6. Tempo718

Tempo718 Elite Member

photo.JPG photo-1.JPG
    was doin a pen freestyle tonight while putting my 2 nephews 2 sleep worked like a charm on the sleepy part, eh freestylie part i ono bout.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  7. thebench504

thebench504 New Member

8. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Bench: You've got some seriously sick pages there.

Looking for some crits on these. They are old, but looking for ideas on advancement.
    a2.jpg
    letters.jpg life.jpg pink.jpg sevr.jpg antik k.jpg

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  9. SLVRONE

SLVRONE Member

10. Colors

Colors Banned

I need some legit crits, my ideas are so boring and suck.Blockbuster cam out decent i think, and the kansr is for the battle. the nakd that looks like nako was a quick effortless piece but decided id flick it anyways cuz i sorta like the feel, idk
    blockbustah.jpg grimy naked.jpg NakeD.jpg kansr battle.jpg

11. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Colors: Try leaning your letters the other direction. Also try tall an narrow.... Just stretch and bend away. That Kansr isn't bad.

12. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

Colors- those aren't that boron compared to most others shit. some good practice

PETER- get a peter griffin avatar. you should just do work on simples if you are stuck on development. fuck around with basic styles and just draw.
    that sevr is coo

somebody hit me with some crits

Attached Files:

13. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Dank: I like where that piece is going. Try fucking with bar widths. Think of how a chisel tip marker looks and fuck with that. Also try leaning your letters to the left a little. Maybe go taller and with thicker bars. For the CDXX try making the tops super fat and the bottoms super narrow.... just some thoughts. I keep forgetting to flick that Dank piece I did years ago.
    Edit: That skull is cool. I would like to see you do it more candy skull style. Day of the Dead like.

14. Colors

Colors Banned

thanks seder, heres my crits on your piece. It seems like the bottom bar of your E has too many kinks, id just get rid of the weird extensions to the bottom bar of the E. Your S looks like its bent in too many ways, maybe try a little simpler S? Your definitly moving in the right direction though, i like your style. the right leg of the R looks a little awkward also. And this is just a tip i use sometimes to help with the flow of my piece, i usually draw a line on top and on the bottom of my letters to make sure none of my letters go past the line so that they are all the same size, but thats just what i think. In all i like your style and your moving in the right direction, but keep staying siimple. Oh yeah and one last thing, maybe you could add a force to your piece, it looks a little bare haha. keep it up though

15. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

thanks for all the crits dudes, both are hella useful.
    drew that skull with a rebel8 dia de los muertos shirt in mind, didn't show through much, that type of style is dope though.
    you should post up the dank piece, you keep makin me wonder what that looks like, but you never post it!
    also the piece is unfinished, i at least know to slap some 3d and outline on. I'm just a lazy fuck and post my shit before its done.

16. Colors

Colors Banned

oh wasnt sure though because sometimes i do pieces with just the outline, like yours. do you want to exchange seder?

17. snal

snal Member

18. Colors

Colors Banned

yeah veko go simpler. do straight simples, that stuff doesnt look too great but if you just do some simple pieces for a while youll notice your stuffs gonna get better overtime

19. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Snal: what he said. look at Dank and Color's simples I have a few up there too. If you start out with basic square letters you can start to bend and stretch them like the naked. You've got to build the foundation of the house before the roof.

20. Hick94

Hick94 Senior Member