Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Saul Gud

Saul Gud Senior Member

2. Coleo

Coleo Elite Member

i gotta nasty recipe for a real thik ink!

3. mace2200

mace2200 Senior Member

^ya dude when i get a mop u gotta make me some!!!!!

4. Coleo

Coleo Elite Member

5. Risk_Inicijativa

Risk_Inicijativa Senior Member

What kind of nibs? Normally nibs or i can put face cotton nibs?

6. CANADIANA

CANADIANA Senior Member

7. Skadeem

Skadeem Senior Member

So I searched a lot and I feel like searching no more.

Is anyone viewing this experienced enough to actually tell me accurately how much koolaid or carbon dust to put in every cup or ounce of ink? I don't wanna waste any as cutting up pens has proved to be an annoying god damn process

8. MTK

MTK Senior Member

put in a little at a time... if you need more add more... I know that when people say "experiment is the best way to find a good ink" is a load of bs but its true. just experiment

9. Skadeem

Skadeem Senior Member

^I guess you gotta learn a lot of things yourself learning this kind of shit. In with the carbon

10. MTK

MTK Senior Member

ya bro. same with mops, wheatpaste... you just got to experiment with new things/ ingredients

11. ッℤëкℯ

ッℤëкℯ Member

Just made some pen ink using over 130 pens and about to make some Ghetto Junobo

IMAG0219.jpg

sorry pic so big

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  12. home.grown.twinkie

home.grown.twinkie Member

Firstly, I'd like to apologize ahead of time if I'm doing something wrong with what I'm about to post.
    But I'm somewhat new to writing.
    Anyways, I made an NYC Mop out of a Mitchum Roll on Deoderant Bottle, a Marble, and Felt until I buy my own mop. It works like a fuckin' Charm.
    My grandmother used to be an artist in her younger years, and she gave me a SHIT TON of Oil-Based paints. All sorts of colors, Black, Blue, Green, A big ass bottle of Titanium White, etc. All I did was put some of the paint from the squeeze tubes into an empty water bottle, added some naptha, and it thinned the paint out. I added more paint to make it darker and thicker(It was really light at first) and then I went out and used it. at first it dripped wayyyy too much. But, now it doesn't drip at all, & I get thick, dope lines.
    I was told to use Paint-Thinner and Oil-Based paints for Ghetto junobo, but if I were to use colors then I'd have to use canned paint mixed with the Oil-Based paints..
    Why?...Why cant I just thin the paint out with naptha/lacquer thinner, and then add some sort of liquid to make it hard to buff out? i.e. DOT3?
    Again, I apologize completely if I sound epically retarded. I'm totally new to this, try to flame me too hard.

13. BennyBoii

BennyBoii Senior Member

don't put dot 3 in paint, paint hardens on a surface and DOES NOT stain, put dot 3 in INK not paint

14. m aster of seduction

m aster of seduction Member

15. Eurothrash

Eurothrash Senior Member

Dude, I think you completely messed up some good fine art paint. That stuff will get buffed and weathered before you know it. This paint is not intended for outside use and wil fade in no time.

16. BennyBoii

BennyBoii Senior Member

uhmm... i think oil based will get buffed no matter what you put in it, but i'm pretty sure it won't fade, hell i use watered down acrylic paint cuz i'm a broke motherfucker and it does't fade

17. bryanmoyer_82

bryanmoyer_82 New Member

i was wondering if anyone when making ink with pens added like sharpies or marker ink to the batch?... will it help or what or just fuck the batch up?.... thanks

18. BennyBoii

BennyBoii Senior Member

it will help it a little bit... but not that much, unless you rack them i don't really see the point

19. eipe

eipe Member

Just 2 quick questions,

Is there much difference between alcohol based inks and water pigment based inks as far as outdoor fading/staying power is concerned?

Whats this additive powder my Local writing supplies shop has... made of?

20. BennyBoii

BennyBoii Senior Member

the alcohol based ink would fade very fast... theres things you can put in it to stop it from fading as fast, and i've never used water based ink so i could't tell you. as far as this additive goes... it could be anything, a little independent research could't hurt