Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Throwies

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fube, Apr 10, 2008.

Share This Page

1. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

well then I'm glad I helped

2. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

...well, the thing is, if thet look at "pro tosses" theyre gonna find some that have negative space. The thing these guys need to look at, is the flow and composition of a "pro toss". Cause a lot of cats with steez throws have negative space.

3. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

true.
    but then again, it's not THAAAAAAT common for people to have too much negative space. it's usually only the holes in the O's etc... there's always exceptions to the rule in anything. so when it comes to those exceptions, check out how they do it and learn from them.
    typically and in general throws don't have that much negative space in them. but like I said, there's always exceptions
    but what ribcage said is very true

4. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

when I judge a throw, I judge it by the hand movement more than the letters themselves. How they made the letters, rather than what the letters look like, for the most part anyways... if your letters look like shit than it looks like shit

5. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

yeah but if you think about it, the lettering itself is more important to start with. once you find out which letter forms are the best and when you're pleased with what your throw, as a whole, looks like, THEN the flow practice starts... flow and hand movement comes with practice, the more you draw that throw, the more your hand gets used to its movement, and the more it becomes fluid. flow comes naturally and instinctively, letters have to be learned.
    that's why I advise to start with getting good letters down first, and then with time, flow will follow automatically... it's all a matter of habit imo

6. omiz

omiz Senior Member

Picture 012.jpg
    quickie under a bridge. comments? critiques?

7. REAL_LYFE_MIKE

REAL_LYFE_MIKE Banned

You can tell you rushed it. The M needs help

8. Stuck

Stuck Elite Member

9. aiko

aiko Senior Member

10. omiz

omiz Senior Member

any tips you can give me? the upper left point didn't work out how i wanted it to.

but please, help is always appreciated

11. sadgeh

sadgeh Senior Member

Points on the upside are ugly but hey its you own. But someone said it before just a couple of days ago go with one concept and work that out, till you got it like a fuking boss

12. omiz

omiz Senior Member

Ok. I'll work on it.
    Thanks

13. Axil

Axil Senior Member

@Stuck i like it but can be improved :p

2012-03-29 22.53.14.jpg

14. dreg

dreg Member

1. Didn't ask for crits.
    2. You didn't crit, you observed the obvious
    3. For a few months I think you need to take crits, don't give them.
    4. Listen to me and go look at a lot of throw ups, there are literally 1000's of images of throw ups. Lots of them use your letters too. Find a few similar throw ups that have your letters, mix and match, F and U from 1 throw, the E and D from another throw. Draw it out. It will look jilted and out of place, that's when you can move some shit around and work on a few things. that's not biting, that is inspiration for a starter. Keep drawing it out and posting the results here, everyone will be honest and tell you what needs changing, in the end you will have a throw all of your own that no one has and you built from the ground up yourself.
    5. keep at it.

15. Axil

Axil Senior Member

2. i know i didn't crit but i was just telling him i liked it
    3. True
    4. I'll Try
    5. Thanks :)

16. Kushbombing

Kushbombing Senior Member

The other hand style is dope. The throwie looks ok but the bottom of the h looks weird.

17. Mildstyles

Mildstyles Elite Member

Dont mind my retarded L and S.
    seldoms.jpg

18. Tab

Tab Member

Other the handi and arrow looks dope but the throw is kinda meh. Not horrible but could put more time in or something.

Dude mildstyle the l and s are retarded lol.
    I woulda tried to make the O match a bit more. And maybe just make the bottom L bar shorter.

19. Shit Outta Luck

Shit Outta Luck Senior Member

People don't understand the value of a throw up and what it was originally designed for.
    Throw ups back in the day were usually easy to read, quick, and simple. It was for getting up, fast and taking up a lot of space.

That throws dope Other, and the hand is even more dope. Nobody understands the importance of simple shit these days.

And there really is always room for improvement.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  20. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator