Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Walls

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by KAMO, Jun 21, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Mildstyles

Mildstyles Elite Member

2. Shit Outta Luck

Shit Outta Luck Senior Member

Ran outta paint...couldn't finish cleaning it up.
    photo 1.JPG

3. Norfsuthr

Norfsuthr Elite Member

what you need is to do cutbacks on that shit

4. uknowigetup

uknowigetup Senior Member

Critz please, through this piece together like 20 minutes before painting it, so my letter structure is pretty shitty. Especially the damn n, which always gives me hell. I really just wanted to paint this new e that I've been toying with. Other than that, my letters here are pretty fugly. Sorry for the reflection, there is a lamp post right behind this wall, so taking pictures at night is difficult.
    @Mildstyle, I'm not claiming to be hot shit, but when I first started writing, I would impulsively paint, and that shit would like quite a bit like axils.
    View attachment 625490
    Apparently mtn gold pink is basically transparent, that's the last time I'll use that ish.
    View attachment 625491

5. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

executed well pretty good can control but your letters are horrible no structure bro. Id stick to using that rusto 2x until you actually get good unless you just have money to burn. keep painting tho by the time you get good letters your can control will be dope.

6. uknowigetup

Thanks Hipe, I know those letters are not pretty at all. I was lusting over piecing and pulled a pile of shit sketch together too fast. I've been working with my bars, and will be uploading some basic stuff pretty soon. I really don't use montana or high quality paint very often. I just love montana, was planning on doing a better job with that fade, but it was windy as fuck and I was just spraying in the wind when attempting to fade... And seeing those crisp ass mtn lines makes me jizz myself. Typically I stick with painters touch/rusto, cap adapters give really soft lines, but getting better with the adapters makes you that much better with good paint. Gracias for the good critz, and you will see some structure next time.

7. gemer

gemer Senior Member

thanks for the crits guys and yea its a bit rusty thats fer sure didnt have any thin caps for an outline
    @ norfsthur what r cutbacks?

8. Mori

Mori Senior Member

Finally I see you paint punk! Sheesh kept me waiting long enough. First off what cap did you use cause the outline is thick, you could either cutback, meaning taking your silver and thinning out the black outline from the inside and making your edges sharp. Or use a smaller cap for the outline with a sharper cut to it like a elmers glue spray cap, or skinny pro depending on if you rock import or hardware paint. Either way I like the jist, simple and appealing. Nice gem

9. Mildstyles

Mildstyles Elite Member

I need to practice this "painting" stuff
    crits? besides the fact that i should have made the A small or E big
    glowpiece.jpg

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  10. uknowigetup

11. uknowigetup

@Naked, looks pretty good dude. That white outline is pretty poor, but sometimes walls can eat paint so that may be the case... Work on making that E bigger, unless you want to rock the baby e which doesn't look bad. Filling with light colors and then outlining/3d with dark colors makes it pop a little more, as well as bright outlines. But that's just my personal color preference. Stay up.

12. Mildstyles

Mildstyles Elite Member

Word thanks emune, the white was supposed to be a glowish thing like it wasnt a solid outline i tried to make it flare out...didnt work. But thanks man

13. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Gowj: Sounds like a good day.
    Naked: You're getting better. Did you put the can parallel to the wall facing away from your outline?

14. Strange Journeys

Strange Journeys Senior Member

@ naked that A is super weak, and youll be better set making a cap E that fits the size of the others

15. seywhat

seywhat Elite Member

DSC01007.jpg DSC01009.jpg 524654_277175259042922_100002513503133_582925_1535897706_n.jpg PART_1335546515293.jpeg 542994_278815735545541_100002513503133_585815_696934068_n.jpg

gowj- sick flow, im diggin it alot
    naked- all i can really say is keep paintin, it seems like u got the feel of ur letters down

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  16. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

norf that is solid bro simple and clean. really like your style

17. Norfsuthr

Norfsuthr Elite Member

that white and gray seyar is fly shit, mook life looking good too.

18. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

This one is for zook !!

pask.jpg

19. uknowigetup

Damn seyar you guys are killing that legal. I'm loving the blue and green piece. Hit this up about an hour ago. My flow is a bit janky, mostly because of the first e. critz would be nice, damn
    those are nice pieces, more props to those guys if those are hightraffic illegals.
    View attachment 625582

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  20. IronyATB

IronyATB Banned

@Emune I think if you try and make all your bars the same width it'd look much better. Pretty fresh though.