Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

yo mainkampf those r sick, i dont really like the top one though but the 2nd and last one are sick, keep it up dude

The BombGirl, it aint terrible but its not good either, go more simple. lose the extensions and the random bends and what not, start out more simple and you'll get it

Kroe those r funky as fuk, i dig the style of ur top pic and it looks even better when its colored...fuking sick for a pen freestyle

2. thebombgirl

thebombgirl Member

kroe: why are you still in the toy sec??

kaze: ik. i just took a look again and i saw its ugly af... i drew a new one with diff letters.

ai50.tinypic.com_20gl2k7.jpg

3. Arose.One

Arose.One Elite Member

@notmike: looked up jeremy fisher, i can kind of see what you're saying. these sketches were from years ago too... the rabbit on that sticker in my picture kind of used to be my bread and butter. i painted him alot, and i made a lot of stickers with it... actually, i still use a similar rabbit in some of my stuff now... he just kind of grew out of letter style...

4. Arose.One

Arose.One Elite Member

more old toy shit from my first blackbook:
    SAM_0426.jpg SAM_0427.jpg SAM_0428.jpg SAM_0429.jpg SAM_0430.jpg

5. 6i9o

6i9o Senior Member

Bump for crits. Tear me up mannn

6. Rasm

Rasm Senior Member

Bipo, Get some letter structure before you start entwining your letters. And keep your letters consistent. Look at how narrow your N is compared to your S. And burn through an old phone book with a sharpie to get a decent handstyle down.

Kroe, I like a lot of the sketches you drop on here including that newest post. Just keep developing those letters. Try to keep your style consistent to maximize flow. In that CAMERON one, the R disrupts the flow due to its high center of gravity and resulting negative space in its lower half. The E is also a little high. Overall it's pretty solid though. In the Rawr one, you have several small bars in the A and the W, whereas the two R's are much thicker. This seems to screw with the overall look of the piece. It would be dope if you thickened up the AW and gave the piece some power. Fucking RAWR. But yeah, keep messing with your bar sizes and widths and you'll continue to develop that style. You have loads of potential man - probably the most in this thread right now.

7. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

keep working with shit like that. im diggin it. just make the structure of the letters a bit stronger, and more legible, and you'll be set./

8. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

Main Kampf - second piece is dope, dont really like the curly Y tho.
    Kroe - Mate you have progressed so well makes me pissed off that I dont have enough time to work on my shit and i seem to be progressing so slowly compared to others.
    Bonbgirl - Its pretty good go a little simpler but its not too bad.
    Arose - Those characters are sick.
    Serena - Forget all the connections and overlapping for now, just make keyboard letters and make them equally spaced and the same size and same bar widths. You aint bad at simple letters but trying to make it all funky when your not ready for that makes it look way more toy than it really is. Keep it up though.

My Es too big and I fucked the D a bit, can I get crits? Thanks

ai815.photobucket.com_albums_zz72_willis1690_20120703_213451_1b8cb0c5ee5babc0d947b7ce487bee40f.jpg

9. 6i9o

6i9o Senior Member

Appreciate the crits guys
    @Willis, what krumpet said. Maybe the bottom leg of the E too

10. Main Kampf

Main Kampf Member

MLP-DR-13110531.jpg
    I did this a few months ago and is the most recent thing i have done...i didnt post any new work yet(i`m very lazy)!The quality of the picture isnt that great...the scanner eats the colors but i tried to change the contrast a bit.I used watercolors,crayons and pen.Any crits will be appreciated.:)

11. 6i9o

6i9o Senior Member

dat ass >.>
    tumblr_m6n3r9IUEV1r4k9c6o1_500.jpg
    ok so basically after PARA i ran out of room... so yeh. Let me know if this isn't simple enough .__.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  12. Tranc

Tranc Senior Member

You must have one funky keyboard.

13. GpersKreepers

GpersKreepers Senior Member

^ha

@kroe - true say what man said, couple tweaks and a few more sketches in that style will look dope mate, dig that charo too

14. 6i9o

6i9o Senior Member

15. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

yo 6i9o. dont have ur letters so close to eachother, bottom picture is best ouf of the 3 but is still very off, make ur lines more straight and have ur letters syncronized better if u get wat i meen...and work on ur handstyle too, go more simple, lose that long thing on ur R, keep practicing dude

16. ZIK_ONER

ZIK_ONER Senior Member

So much fucking better, that shit was so whack how didn't you see? Keep rockin those for a while.
    599675_110447255766954_1748563767_n.jpg
    530638_110446852433661_1758650504_n.jpg
    Crits yo

17. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

nice zik, the K in Kore seems abit off though, it seems top heavy sorta if u get waht i meen, maybe try reducing the top right bar of ur K in size abit, i dig those serbia tags lol, kore ones r looking good too man. i think the bottom extension thing of the S in dvise kinda throws it off, the right bar of your V seems abit off, could be straightened up abit but its not biggy, the S making the middle line of the E is cool but the bottom part of the E is off, it seems to be too fat and should have the same bend as the line parrallel to it...looking good man keep it up

18. Arose.One

Arose.One Elite Member

@kroe: your stuff is gettin' significantly better by the post. keep it up, digging the chars, too.
    @main: your letters are pretty banging. chars need a little work, and the piece is dwarfed by the background and char. makes the piece look subordinate to the other elements. also, your letters look afraid of eachother, maybe try intertwining, or overlapping some of the extensions and limbs a little more... just my opinion. hope it helps.

19. Arose.One

Arose.One Elite Member

some more old toy shit
    SAM_0431.jpg SAM_0432.jpg SAM_0433.jpg SAM_0434.jpg SAM_0435.jpg

20. thebombgirl

thebombgirl Member

arose one: love the green charac. sooo fresh.