Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. thebombgirl

thebombgirl Member

ai47.tinypic.com_y1i6q.jpg

I shouldn't have done thosed stupid lines on the words. lol but ignore that and look at the letters? Can i have some good critique? I really wanna build up my style. :)

2. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

keep the letters the same size, and theres no need to connect all of your letters to one another. Also, the top of the S' could use some work, as well as the C overall. E's are solid though. And finally, next time you do a piece try adding some simple 3D rather than the thick outline. Not bad overall, keep it simple

3. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

thebombgirl take tasty's advice, pretty much sums it all up. i think ur last picture that u posted looked better. keep practicing

sorry for posting so many at once, havnt really posted many pics lately though. crits would be very appreciated
    IMG_0275.JPG IMG_0245.JPG IMG_0319.JPG IMG_0271.JPG

4. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

6i9o - Space your letters out, make them all the same width and height like T H I S , thats the starting point, once you have bars widths and lengths right then you can go from there. Theres no point in trying to do funky shit just now because its just gonna look toy if you aint got letters.
    Zik - Kore is ok, work on the K tho.
    Bombgirl - Nothing wrong with adding those lines just dont do too many, your letters are pretty good keep it up.
    Kaze - The Fuck You is dope, like pretty much all of these keep it up.

Pls ignore the E on this first piece, fucked it while doing outline. Crits on other letters and 2nd piece pls.

ai815.photobucket.com_albums_zz72_willis1690_20120705_075709.j5e9c49c8826c7d8e597575bc8241f338.jpg

ai815.photobucket.com_albums_zz72_willis1690_20120705_075658.jfc253648eaedb014672e51d2d4831a21.jpg

5. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

thanks willis, i appreciate it dude.
    i like your second C but i think the top part of your first C doesnt really work. i like the A and D but try to bave the A abit smaller in width. i think ur first E turned out alright, maybe could have been a little bit closer in to your D to kill some negative space. you should add a drop shadow or some 3d and some color. keep at it man

6. thebombgirl

thebombgirl Member

what should i do with the top iof the s? i think the extension on the top is a little crappy. and the c, ii have no idea what to do with it..

7. Main Kampf

Main Kampf Member

tnx alot man!

8. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

Just keep playing with it, make sure to use bars, just do a few Cs till you find one you like best, personally I dont think your C is too bad but just keep working on it.

9. 6i9o

6i9o Senior Member

cause i'm a toy >.>
    <.<

a25.media.tumblr.com_tumblr_m6owmkIGBg1r4k9c6o1_500.jpg
    This is really old when I was still writing Bipo. I tried using a vanishing point.. but i dont think it worked too well
    Let me know if this works or what not

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  10. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

You should take a look at the new to graffiti thread. Newbies on here need to realise its gonna be years before your shit even begins to look like the wildstyle shit you see on the experienced page. This shits about having good letters not how crazy it looks, look at shit from Ichabod for example, great writer but mostly simple letters, this is the kinda thing you should be working on just now and put all the funky shit out your head.

I know im not good but since deciding to just work on my letters real hard I find I feel much more proud of my work and effort when I see myself developing than I did when I did a full colour piece with real shit letters.

Its all laid out for us toys on the new to graff thread so read it and read it again.

11. 6i9o

6i9o Senior Member

I've already read it front to back almost twice now. But I get what you're saying. Simple shit with bars for now

12. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

Its a pain in the ass but in a while youll see your letters developing and youll feel much better about your work than you have about any other stuff. Youll be able to see the problems in your own work and won't need crits as much and thus youll develop a lot quicker.

13. Bas

Bas Senior Member

For the character battle.

ai488.photobucket.com_albums_rr243_Basswinkels_120705_JapanFinal.jpg

14. omiz

omiz Senior Member

that shits pretty fresh bro

15. PETER

PETER Elite Member

look up the user CRED. look at his progression. perfect example of what using that thread and crits will get you with dedication. He progressed fast as fuck.

16. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

17. emace1

emace1 Member

18. MASE P_2s

MASE P_2s Senior Member

19. SicK-

SicK- Senior Member

20. Kesar

Kesar Member

Pretty positive I need to slow my roll.

IMAG0417.jpg