Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

When Did You Start

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by SHift, Oct 15, 2004.

Share This Page

1. SCBR

SCBR New Member

I've started about 6 months ago.
    3 years ago i allready walkt with paint in my hand through the city just to make just some fucked up tags i didn't realyl understood what ''graffiti'' was...
    But now i'm really in to doing graffiti...
    It took my life...
    The only fucked up thing is that the cans are so f*cking expensive :(

//EE

2. Special_K

Special_K Senior Member

in 5th grade i was just fooling around w/ bubble letters or block letters maybe tagging a desk or restroom stall every now and then for the fun of it. I just gradualy started getting more into it. around 8th grade i had my own handstyle and at the end of 8th grade i started doing actual color pieces. by 9th grade i was up to my forhead in graff. when kids were listeing to n'sync and riding their skateboards i was doing graff those were the days. damn has it been 6 years already.

3. sane013

sane013 Senior Member

^ woow thats for a really long time already :) still not bored in it?

4. EazL 113

EazL 113 Member

three fuckin days ago...two long ass walls....one wall with throwups, tags and a piece...and one wall with two pieces, some throws and a tag..damn it was such a rush...i wish i woulda took pics though...places are hot as hell..

5. Special_K

Special_K Senior Member

hell no im not bored. I just keep getting better and improving on my techniques. If i compare my shit from 4 years ago to today it looks completely different. even my handstyle has changed a lot. robbing paint, tips, markers never gets old.

6. sane013

sane013 Senior Member

Yeah same with me.
    I'm sketching now for about 3 or maybe 4 months. If you look at my first piece in my blackbook and what i make now. thats a unbelievable different.
    The only problem whit me is that i dont know my own style. and sometimes i take examples from other pieces (i dont copy them or what or dont draw them the same but just a little styl or a little part of a letter.)
    and i'm wondering if i can make it soon really on my own.
    I already make shit with my own inspiration and create it myself. but yeah sometimes i get inspiration from others.
    Do you guys have that to?

7. Zer0

Zer0 Member

Yeah man i have that alot.

I've been interested in graff since i was thirteen but i didnt reely start painting til i was 15 im 16 now im better then when i first started but i stil suck.

but yeha man when im driving or on a train i always look at other peoples graf, learn from there style add it to my own. It works out in the end,

iv looked at other peoples style and modified it enough to help create my own.

I wouldnt call it copying because i never copy exactly or nothing but i modify it to fit my style.

8. sane013

sane013 Senior Member

Yeah dude same with me.
    But i gues if i'm in it for a long time a can create that shit on my own.
    Cuz the longer you art the better you are. And if i keep practicing i get more and more skills :D so that will be alright.

9. 13-52

13-52 New Member

I dont remember exactly when, maybe 2 years ago... i used to be real dumb and bad at it though
    i started off drawing this really weird word, not gonna say it... then i was dumb enough to write my nickname a few times

but then i realized that i could actually get good at this, and started with my 13-52 close to a year ago.

10. sane013

sane013 Senior Member

What does 13-52 Mean?

11. biglove

biglove New Member

I only started drawing about 2 months ago just copying pieces onto paper cos im not really a great artist yet .....

12. sane013

sane013 Senior Member

So you copy pieces from other people ? thats lame

13. ''SCC''

''SCC'' Senior Member

i started back in 1997 me and my homie just runnin around throwin out bombs
    a lot of people in my famly wright like my uncles and shit so i have been sketchen for a hela long time

14. G-RAF

G-RAF Senior Member

...yo i dont get how ppl can copy da whole piece... i tell u its way harder to copy anything than make yours unique cuz if u copy, every1 sees your flaws if u make your own, everythings suposed to be where it is...

lookin at the pieces to get inspiration from is a diff. story.

15. trance

trance Guest

word. words. wordss.

16. magic nyc

magic nyc Elite Member

Looking at thousands of pieces can give you ideas of how things flow. Copying them can give you idea of space, scale and depth. But I still rather write my own then copy.

17. def.

def. Senior Member

copying stuff isn't lame. when you are first starting off, i would saying copying others (ON PAPER) is one of the best things you can do. doing this, you learn why the letters flow together, how the letters are structured, why the colors flow together, etc. COPYING IS GOOD.

however, throwing a direct bite on a wall is a different story.

i'm 17 now (late bloomer) and i've been into graff for about a year or so. i've been writing since about november. i've painted a few times.

18. trance

trance Guest

leave the bitinbg to the dogs, be origional. dont start a ASK fad or w/e name u wanna bite.

19. Special_K

Special_K Senior Member

sane if you stick w/ writing imagine what its gonna be like in 5 years. my fills used to be all patchy and sloppy when i first started, and now w/ out even really thinkn about it i just neatly fill in. also i remeber when i first started and had to use shit i had at home and cheap stuff, i used to think rusto was the best there was. Then there was that faitful day when i got a few cans of montana, hella good. now i got a job waitn' tables at a hotel pulln 250 in tips a night, and now i can actually afford montana. :rolleyes: it used to be between new cloths/ shoes or graff stuff. <_<

20. sane013

sane013 Senior Member

Ok i take back what i said about copying. You're right to say you learn alot by looking at other pieces and shit.
    But everybody needs his own styl so there must be a day you have to do it on your own