Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Toy Stencils, Stickers, Posters

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by S2!, Feb 17, 2006.

Share This Page

1. enigmatic

enigmatic Senior Member

Yeah and that signature is so fucking sick...

2. NICCSACC

NICCSACC Banned

some stickers i did earlier today (no color yet)... whatcha think?

agraffitispot.com_upload_uploads_f2770ddf7f.gif

3. BAZE

BAZE Senior Member

View attachment 214881

didnt really kno were 2 put diz. but yeah coments n sugestions welcome.
    no beef just how to improve n shit
    thnx
    baze

4. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

I really like Frank the heart. He looks a little lovesick tho. You should go get some banner or poster paper from your local craft store. It's only like 3 bucks a roll.

5. NICCSACC

NICCSACC Banned

I really like Frank the heart. He looks a little lovesick tho. You should go get some banner or poster paper from your local craft store. It's only like 3 bucks a roll. [/b][/quote]
    that heart head reminds me of 12 oz mouse.

6. cHRoniC

cHRoniC Senior Member

yeah so i realized i totally suck at graffiti and im kinda interested in stickers and stencils because im still interested in graff. i have a tiny bit of stencil experience and anyhow there were a few stupid questions i wanted to ask you guys who are kinda new to this too

1) what program do you use to make the pics black and white which makes em look a lot simpler and easier to cut out

2) whats this acetate stuff that is supposedly good for stencils

3) should i just use a typical xacto knife or is there some sort of technique that is better

4) do you cut it out of paper, spray it onto whatever you want the final stencil to be made out of and cut that or put the orignal pic on the good material and just cut through both (hope that made sense)

thanks a lot for the help

stencils and stickers and those kinds of graffiti seem coool to me and itd be cool if you guys could help me out

7. d_g

d_g Elite Member

1) Photoshop. Adjust brightness and contrast, or adjust threshhold or use the colour selector. There are quite a few tutorials you can find on google.

2) Acetate is the stuff they print on for over head projectors, like the ones they use in the classroom. Stationary shops usually sell it with the computer paper and stuff.

3) Xacto knife should be fine, some people like to use a combination of xacto and scissors.

4) I tape the picture I print off under the acetate and just cut through the acetate.

HTH

8. cHRoniC

cHRoniC Senior Member

thanks a ton

kinda funny right as i read photoshop the little window popped up on my comp saying photoshop installation was complete :ph34r:

9. d_g

d_g Elite Member

10. uhhh

uhhh Elite Member

well. i don't really do stencils but i'd like to start. but as far as programs. you can go into photoshop. open your image, then click "image" its in the top, along with file, etc. then go to "adjustmnts" and clikc desaturate (this will turn the picture black and white) then go back to image and then to adjusments and play with the "brightness/contrast" til you get what you want. OR if you have illustrator, you can vectorize it. which in my understand ing taking away pixels. not actually but just moothing your edges. You do this by: selecting the letter file and then going to Object, then Live trace, and then make and expand. now your picture should be vectorized and put in black and white. sometimes vectorizing can make images look a little bit weird. that is if it was a low quality picture. with few pixels.

NOTE: the whole thing with illustrator can be done ith out any previous adjusments. meaning, get the image on your computer and then put it in illustrator and vectorized.

11. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

fuck programs!

look at the image, and sketch it
    or better yet, make your own ;)

12. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Programs are a good way to start if you're going from a colour image and have no idea what to cut out and when you don't know how contrast works.

13. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

i never use programs, yeah its pry easier for sucking people tho

14. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Good on you :rolleyes:

15. NICCSACC

NICCSACC Banned

im not being a dick or anything but why does you use the photoshop etc anywayz?? all you need is a pencil, a blade and some cardboard. whatever floats your boats i guess. as long as it looks good who even cares.

16. NOMX

NOMX Elite Member

Yeah and that signature is so fucking sick... [/b][/quote]
    :huh:

17. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Personally I find it easier using photoshop to get a more detailed image like this one:

[Broken External Image]:http://www.stencilrevolution.com/images/tutorial_28_02_03_image_8.jpg This image isn't mine by the way.

I'm only just starting to teach myself how to cut them out with out the use of photoshop to alter the contrast and stuff.

For simple designs I do them by hand.

18. some guy from NCI...

some guy from NCI... Elite Member

1)fuck photoshop... jus pop it onto microsoft word and change it to black and white.

2)dunnno... dont care

3)just use a fuckin knife and cut it

4)i print it... cut it out on the paper... draw it onto the card through the paper.. wid a pencil or summin... then cut the card

19. bouncingsoul

bouncingsoul Elite Member

How do you change it to black and white? Is it the same as just printing it out with a black and white printer or does it work a little different... I'm assuming it's the same but yeah... I'm too lazy to buy photoshop or even download it and if I had it, I'd be too lazy to take the time out to learn how to use it... Pople make some sick shit using it though... And I don't mean strictly stencils...

20. spuck

spuck Senior Member

just check the www.stencilrevolution.com photoshop tut. guarenteed it will be more helpful than any of the responces youve gotten thus far