Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Canvas/Digital

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Kayone707, Sep 17, 2004.

Share This Page

1. its all good till the cops come

its all good till the cops come Senior Member

im sure you do. there buckoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....
    sry im drunk

2. Sou - Mvd

Sou - Mvd Senior Member

View attachment 287273
    [Broken External Image]:http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/2702/sticker1005lb6.jpg

Both of these could benefit from some basics of art and design. The first ones balance is way off, try to keep your positive and negative space in relation to each other, the negative space on the canvas makes it looks incomplete.

The seconds ones colours are terrible. I love the piece and I love the style but those colours make it looks like vomit. Try using different tones of the same colour matched with a contrasting colour to give your canvases more unity.

3. hightension

hightension Senior Member

I completely disagree with you..

The negative space in the elephant canvas is entirely what makes that canvas dope, besides havent YOU heard of the basic rule of 1/3's mister art rules man?

And the second one... Sure, maybe you don't like the colours, but thats entirely your preference, for every person who doesnt like the colours theres an equal amount of people who do.

4. Capable1

Capable1 Senior Member

i see what yur saying bout the colours but those the only sharpie paints i got right now haha without having to bust out a brush n paint..if neones interested hit me up for an exchange

5. oh wat??

oh wat?? Senior Member

buddy wat are u talking about.. w.e man ur opinion makes no sense to me.. i actually like that canvas alot i really like the background i did... thats my favorite part.. i think that wat u said makes no sense.. how does it look incomplete???

6. BoRe-719-

BoRe-719- Elite Member

youve got this standard, cliche, 2 to 3 tone stroked background that probably took you a grand total of 13 minutes to do. in my opinion the background should take as much time as the piece, it doesnt necessarily have to be as busy (because it would subrtract from the focal point which should be the subject), but you should still try and be a little bit more original and thoughtful about the background. the colors were a pretty good choice.

its a good stencil, but the overall composition just doesnt appeal to me, it seems liek a lot of space has been wasted. i really hate greaffiti related canvases where youve got this giant open space and then the piece or, in your case, stencil is in the bottom right, top right, top left, or bottom left corner.

maybe stick some gey balloons in, attached to the elephant, extending towards the top of the canvas, to at least help balance out te top and bottom. but then youll still have the problem about balancing out the left and right.
    UNLESS, you crop the canvas so its skinny ad tall. thatd be pretty sexy.

7. dcite

dcite Elite Member

i agree with this, because the background IS the piece in reality.
    sorry to repost this but,

[Broken External Image]:http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9660/dscf2978kn5.jpg
    Shot at 2007-07-04

the background of this piece took pretty long to do, and there are a lot of little details in it that correspond, even if sometimes accidentally, with the rest of the piece. rushing a splatter paint background only works once in a while, not thousands of times, like everyone on BS thinks.

8. BoRe-719-

BoRe-719- Elite Member

this is almost compositionally perfect in my opinion.
    theres so much "black" off to the left, maybe extend just a little bit of that brownish color you see in the middle of the piece, over to there. i love it though man, id buy that if i had the money.
    is it a canvas print, mixed media?

9. dcite

dcite Elite Member

haha oh yo thanks so much man. yeah its "mixed media" just a bunch of things working together. i just use whatevers in front of me yah know. thanks though.

10. killaseck

killaseck Senior Member

[Broken External Image]:http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2227/0702071006ali2.jpg

Werd Well first when you do your force field dont do that thing on the top of the word and dont do lighting with the outline color.. and stick with paper.. work on ur letter form.. but the backrounds alright

11. _blank_

_blank_ Member

ai134.photobucket.com_albums_q92_wasponer_xa.jpg
    just seein if i know how to post. comment if youd like..

12. Enmity

Enmity Elite Member

13. Capable1

Capable1 Senior Member

is that the piece like stickered on or something? looks wierd

14. hightension

hightension Senior Member

The piece was probably sketched first and taped off, I'd work on the colouring of that background by the way... The purple is nice, I love purple, but better shades of purple do exist...

15. Studio159

Studio159 New Member

16. From the Ground Up

From the Ground Up Senior Member

that looks sikk!! i like it...fresh concept, nice pieces, i like the whole package :D:D:D keep it up!

17. five

five Member

18. five

five Member

Oh, and thanks, Jez!

19. oh wat??

oh wat?? Senior Member

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  20. BoRe-719-

BoRe-719- Elite Member

not a huge fan of the character, that backgorund is perfect though.