Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Philosophy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LongQuan, Nov 16, 2004.

Share This Page

1. killtheugly

killtheugly Senior Member

2. -GEKS-

-GEKS- Elite Member

oo i got one

ya kno how every fraction can be made smaller, divided in half?
    forever?
    well, then when yoo drop a ball off a cliff, the distance gets divided by half every second or w/e, shooldnt it never toch the bottom?

o_O

3. killtheugly

4. -GEKS-

-GEKS- Elite Member

5. The_Sheep

The_Sheep Senior Member

talk about shoot and miss, jus cause the distance to the ground can be divided infinitely doesnt change the fact that the ball is gonna hit the fucking ground...:rolleyes:

6. capo93

capo93 Senior Member

but in your mind it makes sense... he sees it as the ball dropping half the distance and then getting cut in half... afterwards traveling to the top of the next half and so on and so forth

7. ...Syerf

...Syerf Senior Member

numbers are infanite. the hight of the ball from the ground is not.

8. killtheugly

if you believed in that enough dont you tihnk you wouldve tried jumping off a building. common sense kicking in...

9. killtheugly

if you believed in that enough dont you tihnk you wouldve tried jumping off a building. common sense kicking in...?

10. Ume

Ume Moderator

the most simple and to the point thing so far said to that question.

not really philosophy but more of a joke paradox.
    if toast always lands butter side down, and cats land on there feet, put them together and it should levitate on the ground no? haha this is jokes, it's just funny to think about.
    Buttered Cat Paradox

11. reka one

reka one Senior Member

i've came up with so many philosophies while high but only to forget them the next day

12. dreddysocks

dreddysocks Senior Member

none of this is acctually philosophy but i guess its kinda interesting, somebody say something really deeply and intellectually stimulating

13. sketch3

sketch3 Banned

if a tree falls in the woods will it sound like one hand clapping or a chickin hatching befor an eggg... best i could cum up with dreddy socks

14. urbanpirate

urbanpirate Senior Member

i always had the thought in the back of my head after this "self-god" religion--=--- How do i know this whole universe wasnt made for me and that the guy standing next to me actually has free will and individual thought .. and another one.- how do i know everything actually exists, as if everthing i looked at was a simulation or a program or something and if i were to turn around at the wrong moment nothing would be there? ya know?

15. alive

alive Banned

i dunno abt alla u, but i read all the articles on artcrimes a loooong time ago, but i just reread this, and i think its a great article. its not really philosophy, its more abt the sociology of graffiti, but i thought id post it here neway for those who have missed it.

http://www.graffiti.org/faq/esposito.html

16. meetermaid

meetermaid Elite Member

ditto..which is why i try to write shit down when i get a high-inspiration. it's hilarious to look at it the next day and try to decipher it..

17. Kruxos

Kruxos Senior Member

i think about that all the time. thats a good one.

18. MAST

MAST Elite Member

when i tripped last week, i watched a scanner darkly, and all i could think about is how humans are the only animals on this earth that are in need of entertainment. i mean, every animal goes about their every day life with a set purpose that they just know from the start. sometimes casual entertainment ensues. but humans have just gone astray from all of that and just live to be entertained.

this theory proved itself more when we went down to this park by my house, and just sat there staring at a pond, talking about how we wish we could be doing something entertaining. when you're not being entertained or doing work that you choose to do, you have absolutely nothing to do.

you don't have a set purpose. our original purpose is to eat, sleep, and fuck, and some people just choose not to do some of those, because we are intelligent animals with minds large enough to make complicated choices, which some use for the better, and some use for the worse.

which has led most of us to shit. we just don't know how to rightly use our intelligence. or is there even a right way?

and how the fuck did will smith take a cab from west philly to bel air?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  19. ODonthesetrees

ODonthesetrees Elite Member

itd jsut spin around over and over in the air haha

20. ODonthesetrees

ODonthesetrees Elite Member

same, i always htink of that and it freak me out casue then ill get into, do i actually evne look like this or is this whole thing im seeing just my mind knowing all, and my mind made up all this info and some random image tells me these things everyday...and im actaully not a thing but an idea...thougth abotu this alot when i was trippign and broke myself down into all these aspects of humanity, each one represneting a different "group" or mindset...then i started to believe i was the greatest thign there is and the only thing even more and all the time ill be doign somethign and whenever im right, which seems to happen altot in my family i always htink its true and i get flashbacks