Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Politics and Religion discussion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lakim shabazz, Mar 15, 2011.

Share This Page

1. Tony

Tony Elite Member

2. PETER

PETER Elite Member

2000+ years ago we where unaware of Schitozphrenia and other mental dissorders. These people hallucinate, most of which talk about some sort of God like voice. Often telling them to do shit like kill their son in the name of "God". "God" wouldn't want people to kill in "his" name unless he's some sick fuck in which case why whould I worship this asshole? I'm not saying I don't believe. I just don't believe the bullshit written in these books that people hold to be so self righteous. If the "Devil" wanted to keep humans from finding "God" how would he do it? I'm guessing he would use humans willingness to believe and defend that beliefe even in the face of evidence otherwise and our inability to sit down and have a reasonable discussion on the matter. You can keep your books that have been translated over and over from stories handed down since well before Jesus. I live my life, enjoy it, and have my own ideas. Just because I drink, have experimented with drugs, had sex etc doesn't mean I'm not a moral individual nor does it mean I am going to your hell. Doesn't your book teach you not to judge? By saying someone lives in sin you are judging their lifestyle. All I ever see from the religous is judgement, self righteousness, and bigotry.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  3. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

all of your opinions are wrong and i am god

4. criscros18

criscros18 Banned

So you think that over two billion people, are experiencing the EXACT SAME hallucination?? I never said that we should kill our son. We shouldn't kill. But at times killing is necessary. its the cycle of life. And the Devil, Satan, uses lies, deception, and tricks to cause us to sin. The Bible describes him as a crouching lion, waiting to pounce on his victims, those who are not strong. Just because someone says they are a Christian, doesnt necessarily make them one. Thats like me saying that im a terrorist, i think it, but im not. Its hard to sit down and discuss religion with a non-believer, because they have so many presuppositions about Christianity, which are otherwise untrue, and completely unprecedented. What is your standard of "moral"?? if moral means that you have little self-control, and sleep around, use drugs, and drink, then this entire world would be a very sick immoral place. Im not saying that you are a bad person, but i don't think that your standard is one to weigh everyone against. I'm not judging anyone, i have no power to send you to heaven or hell. I do not have all the answers, and i am not God. All I can do is warn you that your headed for hell, unless you change your self. Its not judging to say that you are living in sin, everyone does. Hell I sin every day. I'm not a perfect person, and i can openly admit that... Religion involves judgement, therefore its just, not self righteous, and its the people that make it bigoty, not the religion as a whole.

5. criscros18

criscros18 Banned

Can someone say Blaspemy??

6. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

I AM GOD
    ELOHIM
    THE ARM LEG LEG ARM HEAD
    THE ILLUMINATED ONE
    THE ALPHA AND OMEGA
    THE SUPREME ARCHITECT

360% existence.

SEE ME IN THE HOOD THE GANGSTAS SAYING WASSUP

7. THEPOSTWHORE5000

THEPOSTWHORE5000 Elite Member

you are a faggo.t

8. 2mor

2mor Senior Member

here is the point he was trying to make -> .

you are here _> .

as you can see you have missed the point.

he was saying that perhapos this man who 'was' god and whom 'god' spoke to was a schizophrenic, not followers of the religion.

9. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

10. PETER

PETER Elite Member

bingo. Saying that what you put your faith in is most likely recordings of people with mental disorders, gross distortions of truth, and an attempt at answering questions that science hadn't yet. Jesus most likely didn't make water turn to wine and a feast appear out of nowhere. He was most likely a very carismatic person who was talking about caring for your fellow man in a time when people often carried food with them. I can assure you no one has ever survived inside a whale for more than a few min. It is impossible for humans to come from two lone ancestors. I'm not saying the teachings behind religion are bad. But to tell me i am going to hell for my beliefes and acts is passing judgement on my lifestyle and telling me to change my ways is attempting to reliquish a very vital gift from your god. Free will. And the point about your satan and the division of religions... Think about it.

11. criscros18

criscros18 Banned

you can believe what ever you want. im done trying to convince you anything. I know the truth, you dont. enjoy hell.

12. hela

hela Member

So I didn't read the entire thread, skimmed most of it though.

But yeah, here is a quote I always liked:

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able, and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?"
    - Epicurus.

What I make of it, whether a deity really exists or not, is it worth putting your faith into?
    Now, this is purely about how someone 'feels' on the inside, leaving science out of it.

However, there is also the scientific side of it.
    I don't quite remember exactly, but Richard Dawkins wrote that through science, even if the (non)existence can't be proven 100%, there is a way to calculate probability through the facts available, which as of right now, with the available technology, would strongly point to the non-existence of a deity.
    Then one could argue that right now we simply do not have the proper technology. Which is a totally valid argument.

That's just my 2 cents.

Edit: Personally I don't feel there is anything wrong with religion. Most holy books have valuable living standards in them "Love thy neighbour" etc. I do have a problem with religious extremists, though.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  13. BlesrOne

BlesrOne Member

Hmmmm i just skimmed this thread and i was wondering if any of you have interest into the new world order shit?? cant seem to get it off my mind lately

14. criscros18

criscros18 Banned

I think that if there isn't a God, it's still good to put. Your faith in one, because if you're wrong, I mean no one has full understanding, and there is a god, it's totally worth it.

15. the cannabis evangelist

the cannabis evangelist Elite Member

your not god you have zero right to condem us to eternal suffering....

16. criscros18

criscros18 Banned

youre right, im not God. I dont have all the answers, i dont know everything, and im not in any position to condemn you to hell. but i do know that if you don't follow or believe Christ, you will suffer. its your own choice.

17. criscros18

criscros18 Banned

youre right, im not God. I dont have all the answers, i dont know everything, and im not in any position to condemn you to hell. but i do know that if you don't follow or believe Christ, you will suffer. its your own choice.
    pm me if anyone has any REAl questions they would like answered about christianity. Im tired of being hated on and ridiculed with misbelief...

18. the cannabis evangelist

the cannabis evangelist Elite Member

do you prsume to know how god will judge me... you dont know his devine plans

19. master of seductions

master of seductions Banned

typical religious thinking

then carrys on posting the same bullshit with no evidence

20. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

"jesus chirst" never exsited and thats word to yeshua ben yosef.

"I COME TO KILL AND CRUCIFY THOSE WHO TRICK AND LIE IN THE EYES OF THE MOST HIGH"