Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

Was that meant for me? Because that was just an exchange with Naked, not what I write.

2. gemer

gemer Senior Member

ha yea for you^ my bad

3. C-SONE

C-SONE Senior Member

ai43.tinypic.com_2yk02mt.jpg
    ai39.tinypic.com_35m0h12.jpg

crits please, need a fair bit of improvement still

4. BennyBoii

BennyBoii Senior Member

5. C-SONE

C-SONE Senior Member

Crits, feel your letters more. Give them emotion, give them limbs. Think of them as people. Come up with a backstory, a family and medical history. n occupation. Did your letters grow up in a nice sensible suburb? Do they work in a car wash? Do they live on the streets? Think bout your letters mood and responsibilities within the set. Are they proppng up, pulling over or tangling with other letters. With their limbs make that important. Don't think of the outside, think of the underneath. The physical structure of the thing.

For instance, if you were to draw a person would you just draw the outside and hope it turns out all right? of course not. Start with the bone structure, work out how the limbs are supposed to relate and move with each other. Flow correctly instead of unnaturally. The same applies to letters. You can't have their bones and internal organs all mooshed up funny, they will just end up looking awkward and end up with health complications. Like a Pug dog, or a Person with bone-itis.

6. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

o...kay ?

7. BennyBoii

BennyBoii Senior Member

haha lol ^^
    i think i could of made the "b" a little bigger, and fix the last leg of the "m" near the top

8. SneeZ

SneeZ Senior Member

He's juss tryin to say letter structure is important, lol.
    c-sone i cant really give you any constructive crit on those, but i can drop ma dollar.
    perspective is kind of wierd on first one, i know what u meant to do, but it didnt came out well, s si one level above the other two. I had troubles on finding letters in second one i can see the s and o, still didnt find n and e. And i think you aint planing to bomb that. I suggest you post it in the intermediate thread, there you'll get better crits.

@gemer shorten those arrow/extensions, try giving letters the same lean. Dont make m that "spacey" next time, you kill flow with that. Try to reduce this space with letter bars, also on down/right part of g. Overall nice work, its got potential.

9. Tempo718

Tempo718 Elite Member

10. knowtheledge

knowtheledge Senior Member

ill stuff gem your letters are ruude n sone your styles on point with that pen game. you guys wont get much qualitative input from most of the kats in this thread imo move it to intermediate

quick ting
    afarm8.staticflickr.com_7143_6579032379_645b072bf3_z.png

11. PETER

PETER Elite Member

absolutly horrible outline. playing with stuff for my end of a Slotr exchange.
    slotr.jpg

12. Beko

Beko Senior Member

i really like blue an yellow together! crits please!
    DSC00596.jpg

13. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Beko: Koto, Kote? T isn't bad. That K needs some work. And whatever is on the end needs medical attention. You're improving over all, but keep working on your straights and getting them to flow.

14. Hick94

Hick94 Senior Member

ya beko that k needs some work..the charecter isnt bad, in my opinion lose the splashes coming off the charecter

15. Wonky

Wonky Senior Member

looks to me like theres a lot of rockin been going on....i had a few days off drawing... did these today

1-1.jpg 0.jpg

16. Beko

Beko Senior Member

K's are super hard for me!

17. Tempo718

Tempo718 Elite Member

wonky I got 2 lady down after that one. good show

18. PETER

PETER Elite Member

I suggest making your K with 3 straight bars at first. Bending them (especially the top bar) can be troublesome. I am going to use Wonky's pieces as an example here. His style is pretty straight up and simple, but they have some funk. Once you get your basic letter forms down you can start bending them etc. Here is a straight 3 bar K for example.
    letters.jpg

19. Wonky

Wonky Senior Member

Thanks I think Tempo. Any crits / comments?

20. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Wonky: that blue piece is solid. Work on your S's though. The blue one isn't too bad, but the pink one is a bit rough. The E on the pink one needs some work. I like your blue E far better. If it where me I'd work on making it more circular on the far right side.... Just me.