Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. MakeItTakeIt

MakeItTakeIt Senior Member

Actually lookin at at close, the Z has too much 3d lol

Work on making your letter structure better, that's where style really comes from, not shitty add-ons like drips and connections.

Thanks for the crits yall, final version. The E is a little fat and the 3d on the N is too skinny.
    ai53.tinypic.com_5x3675.gif

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  2. WoRdSmYtH

WoRdSmYtH Guest

Haha, I'll give what you're sayin' a try.
    But to be honest, I'm feelin' my 'T' a lot more than that one.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2010
  3. Rufio

Rufio New Member

4. SECH

SECH Senior Member

5. freakeenyc

freakeenyc Senior Member

much better sech...really feelin that..the letters flow and the extensions arent overboard.

6. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Good shit as usual sech, love to see you do one with a black fill, think those sort of letters look awesome negative!

And cheers for earlier comments ppl,

7. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

Sech bringing out the guns

8. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Senior Member

9. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Senior Member

10. Keso

Keso Senior Member

11. *Patch!

*Patch! Senior Member

every tofe piece looks the same.
    Herste that first one is clean, im not feeling how the Horizontal bar on the T goes into the verticle one, if that makes sense. And that second one has good structure and flow but im not diggin the Es, they look like they could be Zs

12. SicK-

SicK- Senior Member

^i agree with this kid. I have never seen anything new from him. Sometimes i just think he is a troll

13. SicK-

SicK- Senior Member

I got you man. but seriously letters develop overtime. it may seem annoying and frustrating but always have fun with graffiti dont make it a chore to write, if you cant get something the way you like it put it down and go do something else for a bit.

Im gonna go look for my first ever graffiti drawings and post em up here so everyone can laugh at how bad i was. Not saying im good now or anything.

Sorry for the double post

14. FlippingChickens

FlippingChickens Banned

keso you act like i give a fuck hop off u fag boy u seriously went that many pages back to bump my shit,LOL!

15. Stigma02

Stigma02 Senior Member

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i309_bobthecow173_Picture6895.jpg
    not even close to done but name is SKEE now. i hate my E because i had to cram them in resulting in erasing some of the scene but its just a sketch so whatever. it feels a little busy to me so far but ill fix it. i have a chalkboard wall so im gonna put a huge ass mural on my wall. and yeah i did bite shepard fairy but im giving him the props so i thinks its fine anyways crits?

sech that is ill i would like to see what it looks like with 3d

16. EXI

EXI Senior Member

So I took your guys's advice and just worked on fills, kept it clean.
    ai277.photobucket.com_albums_kk69_flyffm4ner_220.jpg
    ai277.photobucket.com_albums_kk69_flyffm4ner_218.jpg
    ai277.photobucket.com_albums_kk69_flyffm4ner_219.jpg
    ^ that one was made on my new blackbook with paint markers. So i think pretty good for not erasing

17. WoRdSmYtH

WoRdSmYtH Guest

@ Stigma. I don't know who you bit or whatever but I see potential in those letters. To be honest though, I'd get rid of the whole scene. Seems cheesy and very toy, but that's just me. But yah, as far as the word goes, keep your general letter forms but try curving some lines here and there to give them more shape and flare. I think the 'SK' could also be dropped down a little bit too, the word seems to drop.

@ FlippingChickens. If you don't give a fuck about your art then stop, and get the fuck off BS. Stop posting the same shit over and over when peeps are trying to tell you to switch it up for your own sake. I'm not hatin' on your shit but it's gettin' annoying, and that's sayin' something 'cause I havn't been on BS but a minute.

@ Ghostwriter. I'm feelin' that HERSTE shit, but I agree with whoever about the bars of the 'T' comin' into each other. And I know you said it was for a battle or whatever, but that NOVA looks wack IMO.

And I hate to rain on your parade SECH, but I'm not sure why everyone is biggin' that shit up. I must be in a bad mood or something but I see room for a lot of improvement. I know it's supposed to be SECH but all I see is SG(or A)ER, and a big ass empty space between the first and second letter. Not hatin', wicked style for sure, just wonderin' if I'm the only one that's got some crits on it.

18. SYFER1

SYFER1 Member

19. WoRdSmYtH

WoRdSmYtH Guest

@ EXI. Big improvement dude. Not sure what that means considering they are DAMN simple. But that shit looks a lot fresher. My advice would now be to forget the fills and 3D, and work on pullin the bars on those simple letters. Just a little pull for now, lol.

20. WoRdSmYtH

WoRdSmYtH Guest

Holy shit... Tryin' not to double post or whatever but there's a new piece up each time I finish posting.

@ SYFER. Feelin' it. I think you're 'F' should stand up a bit more, though I know why you've got it leaning, to get rid of the space it creates. Stand it up a bit more so that it does have a small space, about the same size as the other spaces in the piece. It should look fine. I'd change the 'R' too, but it's just a personal preference. Try kickin' the leg of the 'R' up, then break it down, and kick it out. Sort of match it with the kick out of the 'S' on the opposite end of the piece. Just my two cents.