Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by imported_newz12, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. anti-anti-crime

anti-anti-crime Elite Member

so now were pullin some detective shit? ight, im down haha

2. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

How about help with my nib problem!!!

3. GHOST 2-5-2

GHOST 2-5-2 Senior Member

for nibs you could use socks sheet felt sponges old tee shirts the list gos on and on

4. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

I racked a sheet of fleece from Hobby Lobby.....now you think Razor wouldnt be asking about the nibs eh? Well....hes got unlucky day and ran out of chalkboard eraser!!!!! Where can you buy them anyways?

5. MASO

MASO Senior Member

i'm sure you can find some online store that sells chalkboard erasers. otherwise i thought of fraying out mop head fabric (i dunno i saw mop heads at the dollar store and thought it might work) and that spongy/felty thing that chicks use to put on foundation. comes in a bag of like 20 pieces cut in a cube/triangular shape. its like a dense sponge. looks like it'll be good for ink, not paint.

6. anti-anti-crime

anti-anti-crime Elite Member

razor, i thought we could trust u to know these things... i am truly ashamed of u =[
    ps. just use a sock as a nib, but if ur that anal retentive about using a chalk board eraser go rob a nun

7. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

Razor struck a bad day today.....but will be making up for it! Trust me....in due time....

8. fnt

fnt Senior Member

I tried to make a group buy thread a while ago, but it never came through, I don't know why, it's a good idea, and I see all these crappy threads that belong in markers. Maybe I'll try again.

If you're having that much trouble with nibs, I'd just buy some pocket cans an gray dots

9. Atom1er

Atom1er Senior Member

grey dots rule
    i gotta get some krylon short cuts though
    woohoo

10. chief

chief Senior Member

im using a nib from an old magnum in a homemade and i dried out the nib because the marker is plastic. but the nibs are rock hard when dry is that because of the ink? and maybe we should be looking for shit like that to make nibs out of instead of tryin to use really soft shit

11. sk8er6

sk8er6 Senior Member

im serious. i have both. they are the EXACT SAME. the only thing diffrent is otr hast their logo on the cap
    [Broken External Image]:http://laco.com/images/products/promax_marker.jpg

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  12. cormac

cormac Senior Member

for a nib just use normal felt and double it over

13. BizerkIZ

BizerkIZ Elite Member

The worlds best nib.. by me :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

take a balish cut of sponge... not to big... and some sock material... tie a loose knot (or use and elastic band)

and poke the spondge inside so its surrounded by sock... then, take a straw and cut it so its a a centemeter sticking out then attatch to marker and your all good... try it... its really really awesome...

i may post flicks..

14. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

Holy fuck.....that sounds amazing....where does the straw go? I got everything else but the straw part....haha

15. -=AgA=-TrAnCe

-=AgA=-TrAnCe Elite Member

lol, prolly in the back bit, like the system on spray paint.

16. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

Done, and figued out.....now back to finding knock off OTR's....:D Find any Skater? Ive been lookin and found a window chalk marker similar to a soul tip....Except, the soultip is basically a bingo dabber....:D

OH! But i found the Drip Mop Mini from 4r7prim0!

They are TeeJuice fabric markers....:D

17. sk8er6

sk8er6 Senior Member

close, slightly diffrent nib. i replace them anyways, but the tee juice wont use paint.

and the markal promax is as close as i can get, we just need to know who make the markers, not the ink/paint. look into Zig glues as well. because martha stewart glues have the same body markings and shell as Zigs.

18. DaNUtS

DaNUtS Member

yo i know this might have been answered somewhere by someone already but hot do you refill the pilot jumbo markers? i cant find instructions anywhere

19. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

Screw off the plastic thing in which the nib is held....then add ink until it overflows the cotton just a little bit, screw it back on, then turn it upside down until the ink drips into the nib nice and juicy....done!

20. Just Another

Just Another Senior Member