Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Chemistry 101:Beginner Ink Labs and Pics

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by HëRbN, Jul 2, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Baron

Baron Moderator

Xylene is a type of paint thinner, DO NOT USE! It will eat away at all the plastic! Xylene= your markers with holes and paint spilling every where. Use some regular paint thinner/stripper

2. osnapizzel

osnapizzel Banned

its lieka meth lab up in this bitch

3. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

Thanks bro.
    Quick Question you know the Ink out of Printer Cartiges, could you use that in your INK or is that like purely water based?

4. Baron

Baron Moderator

Idk, i wouldnt use ink cartiges.

5. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

Do you mean by itself, or as an additive? Because it's so expensive, I really don't think it would make sense to use.

6. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

As a additive not just by itself. I mean I found it in a old printer in my house that broke so I just didnt want to throw it out you know, So I was going to add it to my ink as a Additive.

7. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

I'm not sure what kind of base it is, try googling the printer cartridge label, and look at specifics of it. That way you know it'll mix in with your ink.

8. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

^for the other alcohol question, ethanol is a different alcohol than isopropanol. so no, it is still 99.99% pure, is just a slightly different compound, but is the same, if not better, than isopropanol at dissolving pen ink ect.

9. SAID

SAID Moderator

i've heard that the ink out of printer cartriges are really reallyyyyyy thick.
    plenty of people wanted to do stuff with it but really didn't bother.

10. Shiva.

Shiva. Senior Member

11. Rambooboo

Rambooboo Senior Member

uhhh dude alot of inks have xylene in it like smash ink i have that in a mini mop and it is fine they made that ink for the mini mop and sharpies have xylene in them
    as long as there is not a whole bunch of xylene it would take like two years

12. Baron

Baron Moderator

Well if you mix your paint with the amount of xylene that you would paintthinner, it would wat through your marker MUCH faster.

13. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

Yea that Xylene stuff I put a little bit in a pasitc container to see how it would do. It Eat right throught the cantainer. So I recomend you dont even use it.

14. Baron

Baron Moderator

Paint thinner or ethanol for paints. I really want some ehtanol now

15. drunkenshits_one

drunkenshits_one Senior Member

i bet that's never happened to you, shit, i'm sitting here with a plastic water bottle full of xylene with all of my caps sitting in it and i've been reusing it for the past year and the plastic is the same as it was before

16. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

Lucky for me I have an ethanol plant within a 15 minute walk to my house :D

And I've heard mixed stories about xylene as well, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't do anything to your mops/bottles, but I just stick with paint thinner.

17. Baron

Baron Moderator

Oh really now? Well I guess it may have to do with the concentration of xylene and the type of plastic.

On another note; where would one pick up methylene blue? And For the PVC purple goo, do you use it as an additive or do you thin it out?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  18. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

Xylene is gunna depend on the type of plastic, it does eat through it but its generally very slowly.

SOS i wouldnt use the whole printer.... lol jk bro, ive heard it used but it is generally very expensive so i havent really tinkered with it.

H3TT- thanks for the tip about tar n shit, i had never thought of that. Thanks for lending your knowledge to the thread as well <3

Also any body else that has a half way decent lab set up and doesnt mind postin some flicks should do so, And any other good pointers on actual set up

19. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

YO BOMBING PPLZ!!! I got a update on my INK!!!!

Yo I added that Printer cartridge to my ink and I recommend it. It makes you ink more thinker and darker. And Giddy-er . Also it help with the stain. So i dosen't dry as fast for a better stain. If you have one layin around that you don't use or is out try oping it to get the rest of the ink out. Its nice add-on. (Im going to show pics) Im not even done with it yet I'm gettin' pens and other stuff today. MAN PPL IM SOO HYPE THIS WORKED! ( Thiers a Catch tho. IF you add the Printer Cartage Ink, you'll notice it stays at the top of your ink, that because It has different properties than your adervage Ink. You'll know you did it right when their are bubbles at the top of you ink. But BEFORE EVER USAGE BE SURE TO SHAKE THE INK TO MIX THE CONTENTS.)

Ingerdatins to Tera's Inks
    60 Pen
    1 and 1/2 cup of 99.9% Acohal
    1/2 cup of 70% acochoal.
    10 Permantent Ink Sharpies
    3 Small packages of Soy SAuce( The ibes that come with the Chines Food.)
    3 Dot Brake Fulid.( 1 and 1/2 cap of that)
    Black Matalic Ink for a Black Ink Makrer.

(Im going to add more stuff with samples and tell you guys how it went.)

20. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member