Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Punk Rock Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ekto907, Jul 14, 2005.

Share This Page

1. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Yeah, Blondie is punk.
    and it's alright, I really don't like the Sex Pistols or the Ramones too much.. I can dig some of their music, but for the most part, just not my thing.

It all depends on what you're looking for. Choking Victim and Leftover Crack are ska/punk, talk about doing drugs, drinking, and killing cops. Aus-Rotten is pretty fucking good. Bomb the Music Industry!.. Dead Kennedys. I can't stand Lower Class Brats, but a lot of people worship them.. MDC is pretty fucking good hardcore. Mistits. No Cash. Siouxsie and the Banshees. Star Fucking Hipsters. Streetlight Manifesto. Suicidal Tendencies. This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb.

You might like Voodoo Glow Skulls.. they're latin-style ska-punk. If you like them, then check out Ska-P, which IS latin ska punk. haha.

2. interlude

interlude Member

I agree with crust.
    Bands like Leftover Crack/morning glory/choking victim/no cash/star fucking hipsters. Also, they don't only sing about killing cops/drinking/drugs. Leftover crack has some serious fucking songs. As do star fucking hipsters.

As far as the rest of the bands he listed. I don't know much other than MDC, dead kennedys and the misfits, and well I'm pretty sure almost everyone likes the misfits.

3. pilerskee

pilerskee Senior Member

4. NICCSACC

NICCSACC Banned

SUICIDAL TENDENCIES is the shit. i didnt realize they were punk tho. ehh im not too versed on punk/ hardcore. ill check out some of that stuff you said tho for sure. thnx.

5. otter

otter Senior Member

i love star fucking hipsters

crust is the punk king

6. Chel

Chel Member

The only punk bands worth typing are Toxic Narcotic and A Global Threat.

7. otter

otter Senior Member

I love two cups of tea from sfh,recommend me some songs that sound the same please.

8. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Toxic Narcotic, fuck yes. A Global Threat, not so much.

9. BIGel

BIGel Elite Member

Sturgeon is a piece of shit. he was charging people insane amounts of money to crash at c-squat so he could support his raging dope addiction.

the misfits are toy shit. i don't know any punk that has any respect for them.

10. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Sturgeon is a fucking douchebag, agreed. But he does have some good music. And the Misfits are definitely toy shit douchebags who make you pay 30 bucks to see them, at which they fucking suck asshole. I'm so glad I never went to that show. My friend's band did better than the Misfits.

I was giving something for NICCSACC to look into.

EDIT: Those of you into folk punk, check this guy out. He owns a squat in Rancho Cucamonga, used to put on a lot of shows (until a stupid fucking kid got alcohol poisoning and his friends didn't have the common sense to take him out of the house and away from it before calling the police and the ambulance), and is a generally awesome person. He also writes some pretty great music.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  11. goonzatwork

goonzatwork Senior Member

Suicidal Tendencies is a great example of a sort of crossover band. they are a great fusion of both punk and hardcore

12. MODGrafix

MODGrafix Senior Member

haha, STZA. most irresponsible man in punk. Last time I say him he got on stage and refused to play until someone gave him whiskey, and then kept asking people between songs to smoke dust with him in the backyard. he ended up smoking with my friend, but anyways...silly fucker.

13. NICCSACC

NICCSACC Banned

yeah the misfit dude is a wrestler now so thats gay off top. thnx for the great advice dude. fuckin suicidal eats all these guys for lunch anyways. MPO
    like i wanna hear some TOY shit. thnx a bunch

14. Scream Out

Scream Out Senior Member

fixed

15. Scream Out

Scream Out Senior Member

as is later D.R.I. and a couple other more thrashy crossover bands such as Municipal Waste or the Accused

16. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Thrash/Punk crossover is always a good time. The shows are fucking insane.

I'm going to see Ceremony, Municipal Waste, 7 Seconds, and the Circle Jerks soon.

17. ViniVidiVici

ViniVidiVici Senior Member

eh I used to love punk.... but in all actuality, punk in its pure form is dead. I mean I'll listen to some stuff once in a while. but you can hear punk's influence in all new music, from indy to alt. you can hear punk's influence.

18. Scream Out

Scream Out Senior Member

punk in its pure for exists in dingey bars around the side of town you dont often want to be in and is kept alive by the younger generations with their heads on straight. i like to think my band is helping keep the spirit of some early hardcore punk bands alive as i would just as likely play for a few people than a few hundred, and im gona give it my fucking all no matter what the turnout is
    in other words, look harder; anti-flag putting on shows sponsored by coka-cola sure as hell aint pure but some of us are still giving it our all out here

19. BIGel

BIGel Elite Member

how come every music thread decends into people arguing about what it is and isn't? if you want a dictionary definition you know where to find it.

20. jiveONE

jiveONE Senior Member

well NEW misfits suck ass...old misfits (Hollywood Babylon, Halloween, Skulls, etc.) are the shit. Unfortunately I was born too late..