Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Armored Bulletz

Armored Bulletz Senior Member

a fill in or just a hollow?
    depends on how long ur tag is, what do u write?

2. RustySpoon

RustySpoon Senior Member

Anywhere from a minute to 10 minutes depending on how long your name is, your paint, type of cap you're using, can control, and whether it is hollow or filled in.

3. flask1995

flask1995 Senior Member

well i know just a simple outline would be like about 1 minute,

my tag name is flask :p,

but if im doing small pieces im gonna probably use stock caps because its a skinny pro :p.. i use a super fat on my mtn's, i'm a big fan of mtn's for some reason but i wanna try other cans like molotow's, they look pretty sick so i cnt wait.

4. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

two to five minutes

5. flask1995

flask1995 Senior Member

6. markingz.

markingz. Banned

hey guys, i really suck, and i was wonderin if yall could shed some light on the topic of bars, what are they, how do you do em? most graff i see is so intricate and other is not, i want to know it all how do they do it
    [​IMG]

7. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

Look at a capital E
    Its made of 4 bars. 1 vertical and 3 horizontal
    see?
    all letters are made of these bars

8. flask1995

flask1995 Senior Member

Well you could make your letters more fatter, or if you want to try becoming better you could try Following this tutorial, That's how I started out, and also from www.learngraffiti.net,

http://www.learngraffiti.net/turn_a_tag_into_a_piece.htm

Wrong photo :p. my bad.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  9. markingz.

markingz. Banned

10. stryc9soup

stryc9soup Member

What background color would be good with grey and lime green?

11. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Purple.

try looking at colorschemedesigner.com

12. JSabia

JSabia Member

im 20 n well i think i got simple block letters down pat i got tht down in high skool i understand n kno how to create symmetry with simple letters i kno tha basics in shading, 3d, and perspective so is tha next step workin on creatin my own style or is there some other basics i should kno before gettin into tht?

13. Laimonel

Laimonel Member

Style is your personal feel on your letters. You can forget about all those rules.

14. markingz.

markingz. Banned

so are you sayin once you get simples down you can do what you want as long as you dont forget bars?

15. markingz.

markingz. Banned

thx zook, any advice to a cat who is ready to move on from simps

16. Alts13

Alts13 Senior Member

My take on it is be humble and make yourself knowledgable on the subject and have fun with it. I take it seriously but not too serious, I can't really paint much because I'm older than most of you guys and have a family, job responsibilities and can't really be fucked with the whole bombing thing, I have been there and done that, don't get me wrong I like to get out and hit a trackside every now and again but I'm more about chill walls I can spend all day at and produce something good.

Just sketch and sketch and try new things, don't worry if it is shit, it is just a blackbook, believe me I have probably about 1500 images on my photobucket just from the last 2 years, keep doing simples and learn the letter structure, but don't just do your own name, do battles and exchanges you may get inspiration from other people's letters, just experiment, once you can rock a clean simple with no pensil just a marker then elaborating on those letters will become easy and your style will develop

17. markingz.

markingz. Banned

word, what do you think about intricate shit do you like it or not so much and explain why thx

18. Alts13

Alts13 Senior Member

if it is done well then yea I do like it, however I have much more respect for a well executed simple than some half assed wildstyle, but to me it has to have a solid letter foundation in a wildstyle. check out a writer like Folk his letters are fucking rocking but also have a simplistic edge but then when it is Ouija he has a dope abstract nature to his letters. I like a lot of european writers as well, Copenhagen has some dope writers, I like wildstyle stuff that has a nod to the classic era of graffiti. I'm not so into the whole MSK scene, they are fucking dope not taking away from them, but there are many other writers that I would rather look at.

19. markingz.

markingz. Banned

i like complicated stuff too if its done right, but like you said it needs to be executed correctly, id say msk are some of my fvorite writers atm but your right there are masny others who ares lept on, i happen to love la writers for some reson soething about there style to me shines over the rest, ny writers are pretty sick too, pretty much anywhere were theres a descent sized scene i guess

20. flask1995

flask1995 Senior Member

i just picked up a molotow 627hs premium solid paint one4all paint marker

FUCKING STREAKS LIKE SHIT

im am a toy but i had a molotow black burner and it worked fucking awesome.

how come this shit is fucking garbage?

i remember someone told me to add acetone to remove the streakage or somethhng