Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

dont paint it, its weak

2. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

dont paint it bro go way simpler like what im working on a simple straight....the e's look deformed the connections are wack, your skipping steps you dont dunk before you learn to do layups. crits please trying to get a simple straight together to paint this weekend at a chill spot.

ai1204.photobucket.com_albums_bb409_heyzues07_IMG_20120426_010011.jpg

3. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

P looks a little fat at the top, i like your K and the upside down R is trippy

4. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

i dunked before i lay upped muhhh fucka!

but uh, your vertical bars are all a bit off, like the K is slight going right and the P slight to the left and the K bar is thin and the P bar is fatter that O is better but still fat on the right, thin on the left and thinnest on the top left. cool idea on the R but id save that idea for a lil. you got the letters, and structure. you just gotta keep doing what your doing and you will master them letters on that basic level which is kinda the 1st step i guess. but if you paint it try and put a lil bit of steeze, as is curving the bar n shit. not what Uknowigetup did.

5. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

word I see that I gotta kinda step back away from the paper and get the bigger picture. I just gotta draw it 100's of times just like a throw I guess.. atleast Im on the right track appreciate you always giving me crits/pointers. I will draw it quite a few more times until I am atleast semi satisfied on paper before i try a wall. Fuckin toy forum has been flooded with kids thinking they just start out as revok or some shit.

6. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

yup, its just practice practice practice, different words help too. and no problem on the crits, you aren't gay like 90% of the people on here and you offer good crits on my throws, so you deserve some real crits that aren't from fags like axil and uknowigetup

7. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

sloppy and still needs work, should probably go more simple but anyways crits appreciated.
    IMG00423-20120425-2304.jpg IMG00427-20120425-2308.jpg

8. cred1384

cred1384 Senior Member

this post made my fucking night.

9. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

How long do most writers wait before they start painting walls/trains?

Did these two last night, trying to do characters more I know they suck but can I get crits on letters? Thanks

ai815.photobucket.com_albums_zz72_willis1690_2012_04_25083315.jpg

ai815.photobucket.com_albums_zz72_willis1690_2012_04_26082103.jpg

ai815.photobucket.com_albums_zz72_willis1690_2012_04_26082114.jpg

Attached Files:

10. uknowigetup

uknowigetup Senior Member

Go cry to an admin about it <3.

11. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

willis I would say as long as your comfortable on paper start with a chill wall then work toward freights... but then again it is never to early to get a little can control under your belt. Even if your letters are off executing them with paint and gaining can experience always helps in the end.

ai1204.photobucket.com_albums_bb409_heyzues07_IMG_20120426_124853.jpg

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  12. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

Get them closer to each other now

13. PETER

PETER Elite Member

hipe the right side of your K is out of proportion. I suggest keeping the legs on the K and R straight for now.

14. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

thanks for crits looking any better? I now see the k has a bigger tilt on it.

ai1204.photobucket.com_albums_bb409_heyzues07_IMG_20120426_144343.jpg

15. BigFaggot

BigFaggot Senior Member

16. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

looks good mildstyles having an identity crisis?

17. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

willis-maybe lose the extension on ur L in the 1st and 3rd picture. i like your E and D in your second picture but just keep practicing. practice your smurf character, its weak right now but better then i can do and in time if you keep practicing it, it will be a dope ass character to put up in spots... if your going to paint stick to tags and throwies, dont attempt burners or a straight letter yet....maybe attempt a straight letter after some practice but just stick to mainly tags and throwies for now if ur going out painting. just keep practicing simpler stuff. your second photo is good just work on the L and W the most, E and D i like but still needs more work as do i lol.

looking clean Hipe, make your letters bit closer to together, mainly the P and R, the space in-between in the two kinda puts it off. your R's first bar seems to go from skinny to fat but maybe thats just me, if your going to make your K's two smaller bars with that fat to skinny look, you should do it with your R as well, like the leg thing connecting your R's circular part if you get what im saying, sounds kind of confusing. your 3d looks good but maybe your O should have a bit more? keep it up

i like your N and R BigF. i dont like the top bar on your E's though, maybe give it a bit of a dip or somthing and dont have it come back as far behind the letter. maybe make the top of the E one closed off bar or like leave a little gap and then draw the bottom part. the bottom part is nice i think, just keep practicing and get it more clean and what not...yours seems to be cleaner then mine though ahah

Can i plz get some crits on the pictures i posted before??

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  18. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Kaze. Straight letters. that is all.

19. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

thanks peter, so i should just lose all the bends and shit? should i just toss out and scratch the idea i had there or go more simple and try to build into it rather then jump some steps.

20. Shit Outta Luck

Shit Outta Luck Senior Member

Yes! Always take a step back and look at your shit! When painting or drawing, it helps so much and that last part is true as well.

I can tell you're homies with Naked, ya got similar letters. But forreal straight letters for awhile or just fix these, the bar widths are all off. The left side of the Es, the right side of the R, the bottom right of the N. Fix it.