Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. sadgeh

sadgeh Senior Member

2. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

@ shroom, i know i dotn have the best material right now, will have to invest on that later on.
    I'm still wondering about the whole big "M" little "C" attached to it thing though. Also i know im nto good enough to offer a trade, at least not writing, but is there anywhere i could ask to see other's take on my name?

3. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

allright here is an attempt with more effort put into it. also i made a different lookign S on a different piece of paper and put it on. just to see which one you guys think look better

DSC00131.jpg DSC00132.jpg

4. -Sinn-

-Sinn- Senior Member

Mc Satan work on cleaning up your lines and thickening bottom of ur S you seem to understand the minimum requirements for simples now try makin em look pretty
    Grimes only part im not feeling is bottom of the loop in the R and the top of the E try fattening em more next time other then that nicely done
    Joks not really feeling any of it seems to bunched seperate it plus length of dif bars is throwing me off
    Sadgeh - Make your letters bigger and do simps ur piece dont flow head more towards the look of your bloop sketch View attachment 609707
    View attachment 609708
    View attachment 609709
    View attachment 609710
    View attachment 609711
    View attachment 609712
    View attachment 609713
    View attachment 609714
    View attachment 609715
    View attachment 609716
    View attachment 609717

crits?

5. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

thank sinn should i stick to the more straight edges "S" or the regular one? i tend to lean towards straight one. also of all the things you posted that raptor chick does not convince me neck to head connection looks weird and one shoulder is different height than the other. and this is just me wondering but why did you put such a gigantic cameltoe on her?

6. sadgeh

sadgeh Senior Member

I know that it dont flow but I just want to know what the crits were.
    But I posted it because I had only this two on the pc. So I check when I can upload other pics.

@Sinn that dragon girl the head looks in a weird direction the angle is a little too big or something (I have not much experience)
    And props for the weed leaf.

7. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

Sinn- 2nd picture, both pages are dope, those weed leaf characters are tight.
    and nice lizard women camel toe

skeetch for that basoe battle
    ai136.photobucket.com_albums_q168_matthew1o_0708111346.jpg

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  8. Messer

Messer Senior Member

sin- i love your karaks and style...
    dank- diggin' them simple rounded letters.
    joks- try disconnecting those letters, they look like youre going for a tech style but it took me ages to realise what it said
    mcsatan- drop the kiss/lighting bolt S and keep rocking them simples, try bringing them closer together and overlapping them a little.

doodled this at my mums house, might work on it and make it a karak:
    View attachment 609724

pen ran out midway through this...payday tommorrow so im gonna pic up some cheap pens:
    View attachment 609725

9. ribcage

ribcage Banned

@sinn good shit, post more. as for crits go, I think thicker lines like on the last 1 would do you wonders on the ones that have a lot of detail inside the letters like on the 2nd pic top right corner. That little SI on the 2nd to last pic at the top has got some simple steaz as well, woulda been dope if you did your wole word
    -cheers

o yeah and this for the battle... im coloring it now... E's fucked so if you give me shit about it im going to murder your whole family
    ai136.photobucket.com_albums_q168_matthew1o_0707112044.jpg

10. Messer

Messer Senior Member

yo,your E is fucked...

11. ian

ian Elite Member

12. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

messer thanks for advice will try that later this is officially last appearance of lightning bolt "S" since i drew this before i read the post.
    i thought i'd try something a little bit more stylized this time , and decided to try a 3d also
    DSC00134.jpg

13. Ace.K

Ace.K Banned

A couple quick simples, not a lot of effort put in so if you want to crit just stick to the lettering I guess.

This one was bleeding throught the yellow highlight to the bottom sketch and got black and red in it. Self crits: The C is too small compared to the other letters and the E and K shouldn't have been connected that much.

ai126.photobucket.com_albums_p104_skier46_IMG00159_20110708_17714c3eebba7ed78bde08919572f75291.jpg

Self crits on this one: Top curve on C is bigger than bottom, the hole in the A is fucked up and the leg on the K is too short. I was more of trying to work with blending in fills on this one.

ai126.photobucket.com_albums_p104_skier46_IMG00158_20110708_1751231818b7eb7172d684dc01d0ae7710.jpg

14. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

bumping this cause i was last post

DSC00134.jpg

15. Ace.K

Ace.K Banned

Bring your letters in closer together^

16. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

besides that what about the font and my first 3d attempt?

17. ian

ian Elite Member

bottom page bumpage

also, mc satan, make letters that are made from bars, consistent width, and close together. Also make them look like normal letters for now

18. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

allrite first attempt at having the letters be slightly on top of each other plus 3d
    DSC00139.jpg

19. ribcage

ribcage Banned

@ian your a fuck face, and why is your O a U

20. Rasm

Rasm Senior Member

@Rib, I feel like the BA and the SE are two slightly different styles or something and it doesn't help the flow very much. The E isn't your best, as you know, but overall your letters are pretty solid. Not too sure I'm digging that disappearing extension off the top of the A though. I think it would be dope if you made it connect to form the crossbar of the A. And the O might be a little too small. Other than that, not bad. Good luck in that battle!

@Ace, The places where your letters connect in that top sketch look bad because your bars don't line up properly there. In that second sketch, the top of the A and the hole inside it are bad. You missed 3D on the inside of the E and the top left leg of the K, and overall it's not great. (Note the bottom right left of the K)

@Noise, Man, don't tell me that's not supposed to be an O. The N's style doesn't seem to match because it's all straight lines compared to your O, S, and E which are almost entirely curved. The bars on it are too wide too. I do like the fills and the clean outline. Keep working on that style you used for the S and the E because it does have some potential.

McSatan, I'm not going to draw your name for you because that's something you need to learn to do on your own. As for your latest sketch, keep the 3D going the same direction; they way you made it on the C isn't working. You're missing some pink on the bottom right side of the M, and the 3D on the top of the S is bad. Keep all the diagonal lines that form the 3D either parallel, or angled towards a vanishing point. It's called perspective. Also remember to watch your bar widths. Widen that S up and cross those A's.