Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. scotchtape

scotchtape Member

Word, thanks man. I've actualy just worked out something new and already changed it. The K and the G should be worked out, more or less, now. I'll get flicks in awhile.

Don't be such a masochist about it, man. lol.
    [Broken External Image]:http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/696/pictureyw.jpg
    Fill the S out, so it sits better next to your A.
    Shorten the extensions on your E just a touch.
    Shorten the base of your 2, round it out (Follows more of a circle), and make the weight sit right above its base.

Nice stuff otherwise man. Tops out most of my simples, even as it stands. Haha.

2. funhouseXcast

funhouseXcast Elite Member

gum on shoe sorry i missed you. you posted while i was looking at the others.uhm let's see. make your letters more proportional. the get too wide at the ends, and make the "O" hole a bit bigger. it doesn't have to be regular sized, but that's a bit too small imo.

vvv the big thing isn't really for flow, more for just letter ideas. i don't do P's. sorry
    [​IMG]
    there ya go buddy. didn't know exactly what you wanted so i stayed pretty simple but tryed to steer you the right way. i check in quite often. especially here, so ill give you little motivational boosters whenever you progress.

thanks for the crits ill work on it.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  3. -ShAmEE-

-ShAmEE- Elite Member

Simples. blocked letter, u kno like the ones on ur keyboard. dont try no funky shit, addons or even color. Get that letter structure down until u get borrred.

View attachment 508654
    I AM FEELING THIS!!!!! simple and sweet, paint it.

View attachment 508655

dont start fillin rock the simples they look sick when they are done right, look at drakula/raby i rember when he was like u, now he just rocks the oldskool simples with abit of an edge.

empty can same for u.

seep. dont get people to show u simples only way ur gonna learn is by doin it urself only way u gonna get better.

had something to show u but i cant find it right now.

4. SEEP

SEEP Member

ai767.photobucket.com_albums_xx318_SEEPAT_Writing_seepcagoseep.jpg

I messed up on the 3D with the first E on the bottom seep. (i need help with shadows and 3d in general)

5. -ShAmEE-

-ShAmEE- Elite Member

6. -ShAmEE-

-ShAmEE- Elite Member

7. ThatguywhodrinksTea

ThatguywhodrinksTea Senior Member

8. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

i like the new l, keep that, try matching the bottom of the e with the l, also drop down the middle part of m, and make the the 0 circular.
    oh yeah, and make the 0 straight, don't slant it towards the l.

9. ThatguywhodrinksTea

and make the the 0 circular.
    oh yeah, and make the 0 straight

>.< make up ur mind rofl

10. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

i mean stand the 0 up straight.

11. Jokz

Jokz Senior Member

afarm3.static.flickr.com_2663_3861941185_ccdd0c4fee.png

this would be a straight letter not an actual piece

afarm3.static.flickr.com_2467_3623030143_35d7bed73d.png

this would be a piece, different colours tho

12. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

that looks really good.
    idk what to crit about it...
    ah, i got it, try connecting the bottom part of the k or the bottom leg to the first bar on the straight letter.

13. Jokz

Jokz Senior Member

sure, anything that can help

14. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

15. Jokz

Jokz Senior Member

looks fine, only thing that cud be better is the "S"
    but those are tricky. get some 3d on those just for fun and see how it looks

16. b SQUARED 08

b SQUARED 08 Senior Member

Jokz: Nice and clean man. The only thing that I think would make it look better is if you actually connected those portions of the letters, rather than making breaks in them. On the top two, they look a little 'choppy' if you know what I mean. Some of the bars look out of place, but together, it doesn't look all that bad.

Snore: Work on that S a little bit and watch out on that left bar on your N- it kinda looks like an h, so keep an eye on that. Also, try using that letter style without the cracks for now and play around with drop shadows, 3d, etc. and you've got yourself a solid simple.

Another quickie I whipped out at work :/ Crits please :)
    View attachment 508697

17. Jokz

Jokz Senior Member

thx a lot for the crits man, i appreciate it.
    ill try out some stuff and see where it takes me :p

18. ThatguywhodrinksTea

View attachment 508711

snore- its good but the indent thing at the bottom of the s ruins the letter
    lein- maybe make the bottom of the left and right leg of the n meeting bigger?

19. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

20. scotchtape

scotchtape Member

[Broken External Image]:http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/313/dscf0010f.jpg
    Changed up the way things sit over all, like it, but the G still doesn't sit right... and the I isn't there, obviously. The little sketchbook rocks, but its to small for anything but charactors...

[Broken External Image]:http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8758/dscf0011h.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/101/dscf0012pn.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7013/dscf0013dy.jpg
    I like my rough lines, everything else just feels wrong.

gumonshoe: Pretty solid man. S's are a bitch, just gotta work on the letter a little bit.

Jokz: Your good man, keep with it.

Melo & Stot: Check these.
    awww.identifont.com_samples_adobe_TimesNewRoman.gif
    Bite these, chew these, regurgitate these. Ignore the little accents on the letters for now (the the little decorative bits hanging off end points on the letters.)
    Take note of the "bars" that make up each letter. ie. A M is made of 4 "bars", one making up each upright and two making the V in the middle. Think of every letter as being made up of little rectangles, and draw them that way.

Thats the only lesson I'm giving you until you listen. ;)

To repeat what I've said once before, Bending is like puberty. It happens naturally on its own, you can't force it to happen. I was once where you are right now, if I listened to advice like this I would probably be chillin' in the big boy threads by now. Instead I stumbled and learned on my own like your trying to do, and by shear force of will I walked away with a dope handstyle (and weak everything else). I got frustrated and quite twice, but graffiti never quite me. So here I am now, chillin' with the toys once again. Learning, working, and TAKING GOOD ADVICE from people who know what their talking about. Just fucking do what we tell you, guys, we know from experience this is how to learn it best.