Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. anarone

anarone Senior Member

You guys are acting as if I'm trying to scrutinize what you guys are doing when I am only being honest and trying to tell you so that you know where too get better or improve... I'm sure people like Mogan can back me up with this.

2. Example1

Example1 Member

No no! im not trying to scrutinize. not at all. im actually liking this conversation, its helping me to understand where your coming from.

3. anarone

anarone Senior Member

Post me up a simple keyboard letter and I'll help you develop it or start too see where to develop it. I also think your names too long and some letters are tricky too pull off... find something significant or letters you like in a name. I tell you what for practice and saying i am helping you... Do me a ANAR. And i will give you an example on how i could develip the letters into something a slight bit more advanced than simple and i'll also give you in depth criticism on the piece.

4. [breakout]-azer

[breakout]-azer Senior Member

Ok so didn't really get any crits so bumbing it up

5. anarone

anarone Senior Member

Does that say BAVI ?

6. Example1

Example1 Member

Well, if my names too long i sometimes do EXAM as just a shorter version. But ill post up a simple version or your name and you can help me understand what im doing wrong exactly.

7. [breakout]-azer

[breakout]-azer Senior Member

8. HugzNotThugz

HugzNotThugz Member

1219100115b.jpg

Yo can I get a crit on this from two pages back, I'm trying to work on coloring

9. anarone

anarone Senior Member

Well in that case... I would have spaced out the V from the A and the I from the V because if you look at the B it is definately further away and it seems to have a more visual appeal and i think if the V and I were like that it would flow better. I like the swirl on the V and its not too bad on the I but you should have done this on the A and B aswell for consistency. Once spaced out the V would have too be bigger and the I be smaller so it flows and is in straight flush with each other.

10. Example1

Example1 Member

Alright here. its a simple version of ANAR. nothing to fancy but still got some oldschool flare.
    anar.jpg

11. Airplanefood

Airplanefood Member

Bumping from last page

12. anarone

anarone Senior Member

right... forgot about 'Old School Flare' and stuff like that... Look at the first A then look at the second A... the sizes of the two letters are completely different. the bar width on the letters changes aswell. As for the R - it should loop around and touch the black bone. Dont put these curves on the letters yet either just keep things straight... same height and same width... Ill post some ammendments to that.

13. anarone

anarone Senior Member

ai56.tinypic.com_wqyjuv.png

Okay Okay im shit as fuck on paint... the R now has a loop connected to the back bone. As i can't move the width of the letters you would then move the A to the left so theres more space between in and the N... then make the 2nd A wider and keep everything straight with the bars.

Basically every bar needs to be equal or near to equal width. Each letters the same height (FOR NOW) and also the same width... it keeps everything consistant and helps you understand.

ai55.tinypic.com_11bnqcw.png
    For all you people who want to hate on the curve of the R i couldnt use the curve too on paint !

Look at your sketch then look at those letters... any of your sketches against those letters. The clean, well structured simple always wins due to the fact that they haven't forced it into something that they don't have the skill to create. Thats why you get those mastered first then you start understanding about Bends in the bars and stuff which I'll show you tomorrow because it is late now :)

And

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  14. AcesFirst

AcesFirst Member

Mesk i think the fill looks bomb. did good at fading the colors out/in. what you usin?

15. FlippingChickens

FlippingChickens Banned

mesk that dont look too bad compared to other shit on this page but whats with those fuckin squiggle extensions

16. SicK-

SicK- Senior Member

Example keep doing your thing these kids just say what gets crammed down there throats by these "graffiti experts" it seems you do have a decent understanding of letter structure and thats all you need.

17. HugzForThugz

HugzForThugz New Member

It's prismas. Anyone know a good brand for white markers to do shines an stuff? Was thinkin just gonna get a deco fine point but theres gotta be better. I realize the extensions could be placed more creatively, but whatup with em

18. W_G_O_N_E

W_G_O_N_E Elite Member

elmers whites ar enice and opaque man goes over anything , i also use posca's but aren't as good , and there is sakura gelly roll white pens they are super fine tip but look real nice

19. swey

swey Member

As a toy fresh out of the box I'm trying to take in everything I can, and the main thing I see posted here with the crits is obviously keep it simple, and stick to keyboard and basic letters. Is there anywhere I can go to hit up exact bar structure for every letter in the alphabet? Mainly I'm thinking of C, S, R, P, etc where there are lots of curves. Primarily I mean S since it's in my tag obviously. I'm having a real hard time doing basic, good looking S's. Ws, Es, and even Ys are pretty simple to me and using bars to create them is working well... but that damn S.

20. anarone

anarone Senior Member

Look at the two pieces he posted previously and he doesn't. Im passing on what i learnt to get as far as ive reached... im not trying to put him off what he's doing because i did what he did for so long and got no where.