Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by imported_newz12, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Culture_Shock

Culture_Shock Senior Member

Not even. Flowpen ink is pretty, but totally not permanent. I've been looking into a cold sweat, or HTB, I hear they're decent.

2. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

really? when you think otr the first thing you think of is flowpen.

3. LACAN

LACAN Guest

does any one else agree that the best ink is Pilot (alone and to mix with). It's super opaque and always cuts a nice brown stain on everything. Impossible to clean up. I've always thought it was the best for mops and markers.

Also the "Mr. Black" inks (especially the red) are dope.
    View attachment 521727

4. Culture_Shock

True, and when I think flowpen, the first thing I think is shitty ink. It's not weatherproof, it doesn't cover well, and it doesn't hold against the buff, what good is it?

5. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

pilots where its at. all you need is pilots and pentels for white tags. and garvey or marsh in a mop for drips but controlled drips. too many drips is tacky

and culture fuck otr all together. get a pilot and your set

6. Culture_Shock

I don't know man, I'm an outdoors kind of guy, so pilots don't really do it for me... but an empty flowpen with silver grog is champion. I was going to say that the only endearing quality of OTRs is the fact that they're more durable than the 2-way glue pens, or zigs.

7. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

how are pilots not for outdoors? and ive never tried silver grog but i get addicted to silver

8. PRIMEape

PRIMEape Senior Member

can you clean out water based paint out of a nib us just water? i usually use rubbing alcohol but im out

9. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

10. Culture_Shock

Pilot ink fades in the sun depending on the substrate, and theres really no flow control. as far as silver goes, grog is the best ive found. it's thin enough for a pump style marker, but it still covers, and is very weatherproof. I have tags up from last fall that still shine. It's enamel though, which means it's buffed with relative ease...

11. Queezy

Queezy Elite Member

Yeah I'm down with the weather resisting inks, and streaks for the most part. Not really a paint guy unless I have money for smash or a good bitumen mix. But as far as markers go I'm a mop guy.

12. iselldope

iselldope Senior Member

i have a krink k71 now my friend didn't believed it that it was an arromark so we made a bet and i won lawl

13. suparjafar

suparjafar Senior Member

i just racked a woodcraft marker and a woodcraft stainer, i didnt really think about what they were, so they marker is working decent, kinda streaky..but the stain after realizing that it was STAIN not paint sucks dick. anyway i wanna refill it with thin rusto, do zigs screw open? i dont wanna force it to find out that its not even screwable

14. neb3636

neb3636 Banned

Try screwing it the wrong way, like to unscrew it turn it right.

15. suparjafar

suparjafar Senior Member

thank you, it worked

16. JR1

JR1 Member

yo what markers a good to use in my blackbook for stuff like blending and piecing?

17. LACAN

LACAN Guest

Chartpak, Prisma, Sharpies, Pilot Broads and Chisels, Copic, Itoya calligraphy markers, the best of the worst: Bic "Mark-it" markers are not that bad and you can steal them from anywhere. (not that I would do that or should you). They have like around sixty colors.

For blending, try using a prisma or chartpak alcohol blender. It's a transparent marker that allows you to sort of "paint" with (any of the above alcohol based markers).

Then there are paint markers, - Uni, Deco, Zig,..etc, but they don't really "blend"

18. lincelusion

lincelusion New Member

I stole an empty whiteboard (refillable) marker from one of me teachers, got home and chopped the nib to make it ALOT bigger/ wider, then I filled it up with purple grog anit- buff ink from one of me squeezers. I played around with the nib so now wen u push in it drips like a bithc...

19. FearTheFire

FearTheFire Member

Sakura streaks, pilots, n any small squeeze mops. Do-em outdoorsman ink, and ****artltd original black. witches brew is the shit too...using the dauber shits niceeeeeeeee super black covers great drips and doesnt fade much. anythin else homemade is they way to go end of story.

20. blashe

blashe Member

yeah..thats sick^^