Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Dumpster Diving Thread!

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by sk8er6, Jul 23, 2007.

Share This Page

1. Rulz

Rulz Member

the bingo dumpster didnt work
    :(

2. Q4inn

Q4inn Member

dude you don't "make skatewax"...
    it's just wax. and no one who skates is going to buy that. theyll find it in the garbage,find it at home, or rack it themselves.

3. broski

broski Senior Member

he just said he sold it so obviously some ones dumb enough to buy it

4. ##sable##

##sable## Senior Member

no doubt. yeu can take a bag full of oregano and grind up some incence on it and kidz who think they smoke will buy it up like crazy.

5. Sintakz

Sintakz Elite Member

hahaha yea i've heard of a few oregano stories

6. cast LI

cast LI Elite Member

haha my and my friends bought an O

took half for ourselves

cut the other half with oregano like 3 parts oregano 1 part bud

and sold it to a bunch of freshman in our school. get money!

anyway on the subject of dumpster diving.

i get mad old school bikes. a pair of bolt cutters. some bitchin speakers.

but the best by far was a still warm pizza. someone ate like 2 slices and just put the box closed on top of a garbage can. taht was the best fucking pizza i've ever had

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  7. Dranx0

Dranx0 Member

warm pizza

Was that you?!? I just set it there for a second, then it was gone.

8. Lucas

Lucas Senior Member

The jackpot dumpsters are at construction sites cause they always toss out cans of paint that are still half-full. Back in the day one of my friends and I would go to the same site every couples days and there was always at lest 3 cans just laying there.

9. Rots takes your Daughters

Rots takes your Daughters Elite Member

Check it. When food passes it's expiration date. That doesn't mean it's bad. It means they can't sell it anymore because it's going to go bad soon. That said:

There was this place near where I lived. They sold thise like...I dunno. Cans of dortitos and fritos and shit. They were like minuature chips and came in these plastic cans you could stick in your car's cupholed..I can't find a pic, know what I'm talking about?

Anyway. Every week they would throw the expired (unopened) chips in this dumpster in the back of the shop. That was it. There was no trash in it, just hundreds of cans of fucking chips.

10. Sintakz

Sintakz Elite Member

Hmmm, never really thought of that, I used to just take the paint when no one was looking, I'll have to start diving in there now :p

edit: yea those doritos cans look like this [Broken External Image]:http://feelsafeandsecure.com/library/csd-largeimage.jpg don't mind the beads, the can was turned into a safe...

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  11. Rots takes your Daughters

Rots takes your Daughters Elite Member

12. Sintakz

Sintakz Elite Member

Also check out known food banks. They throw away LOTS of fucking food on any given day, here's a pic to show you all the shit they threw out that would go bad a week from that day also things containing chocolate that don't have nuts or something else to keep the chocolate together gets thrown out regardless of when it will expire due to the fact that it will melt.

ai29.tinypic.com_2vxizb8.jpg

Seems like a LOT of food that could go great in my stomach and the stomach of others at the next Food Not Bombs meeting.

13. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

jackpot sintakz!

grocery stores throw out produce like crazy all the time, but produce is more iffy than packaged food because it goes bad a hell of a lot easier, plus is basically out in the open, to the elements, and flies and shit.

Compactors are evil.

14. MessTonic

MessTonic Senior Member

Do you think there would be anything good in like a hobby lobby or lowes/homedepot trashcan, or just trash?

15. Sintakz

Sintakz Elite Member

They might throw out some shit like "defective" canvas's and shit like that. Worth a shot. As for lowes I'm pretty sure they throw out the factory defects of paint that they don't s ell.

16. MontanaPainter

MontanaPainter Elite Member

17. MessTonic

MessTonic Senior Member

aight thanks man im gonna have to check it out this weekend.. ill post how it turns out

18. Sintakz

Sintakz Elite Member

19. SAID

SAID Moderator

dollar store dumpsters for like dice and cards

20. LostYouth

LostYouth Elite Member

reminds me im gonna go to my grade school and check it out when it gets a lil darker
    but i would never eat food from the trash unless im 99-100% sure that it was safe
    you got ta remember its the garbage