Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Wheatpaste

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by C-money fresh!, Sep 2, 2007.

Share This Page

1. Cesk

Cesk Banned

Looks fucking dope, do it on a canvas brawh.

2. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

Photocopies work great, and the copy ink does NOT oversaturate or bleed. That's a total myth. Here in the midwest US, it's 50 cents a square foot for enlarged copies on average. If you'll notice my photocopied posters are actually kinda ruff around the edges, because I'm just doing shit on a 8x10" piece of paper and blowing it up... no vectorizing, no frills. Old skool punk method, whereas my old style was to blow up images thru a projector and hand trace them out to perfection. Nice work but it's time consuming as 12 bitches in a bitch boat. Photcopies= mad ups..nuff said.;)

Hett- That's my favorite I've seen from you. It could really use a thick black border tho!

3. Cesk

Cesk Banned

thanks a bunch bro, imma get 200 printed on friday by only wasting 2$ :D

4. markingz.

markingz. Banned

damn cezr, you changed my mind about weatpastes, seriously, not to ride the dick or anything though.

5. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

thanks peeps. i used this wack ink tho thats meant for porous surfaces, and sicne i painted it its like somewhat porous, and now its onyl like half dried, maybe ill try to press another paper over it and make another copy.

6. dior

dior Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  7. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

8. dior

dior Senior Member

thnx
    edit:does any body have a laser printer and is it worth getting over a normal inkjet also im judjing this on speed and quilty of copy

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  9. Cesk

Cesk Banned

Yeah, get one. I remember using them in my old school, printing pictures was amazing.

10. dior

dior Senior Member

thnx time to start working lol

11. alexhate

alexhate Senior Member

thats a old song dude,

i would think any joke or jock would have ben dun over and over by now,

i use to have mr.patato head posters about that size, i would blow them up or just get sticker paper.

12. dior

dior Senior Member

what song

13. alt

alt Member

14. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

You've still got a good idea, but it's still pretty poorly executed.. Every aspect of your poster should draw the viewers attention.
    #1-The text looks VERY low quality. If you can't rock a legit but readable handstyle, use your computer and print the text.
    #2-If you aren't going BIG, you're wasting your time with paste. that could easily be printed on blank avery sticker sheets. Save's time and mess. Stickers are for quick ups and heaty spots.. Posters are for BIG ups in heaty spots. You should be able to view a poster in it's entirety from across a busy street or intersection, or on a rooftop from street level. That kinda shit...
    #3- Something you learn by putting in work and being dissapointed, but I'll share it with you....;).. The linework in posters should be THICK and BOLD.. thin linework and detail on a poster on the side of an overpass traveling at any speed becomes an intangible blur. You want your shit to pop and be perfectly visible under conditions like this. Text should be THICK. Your poster can have lots of detail, but it's gonna look 10 times better if you put a THICK black border around the outside of the image. It will pull it out from the surface it's pasted to and make it REALLY pop.... Trust me on this one.

Like I said, I like your idea. I'm not trying to down you at all, just trying to help you along.:)

PS--- You do too know what song he's talking about... Don't even front wiseguy. lol

15. Cesk

Cesk Banned

So i just made a biggggg batch, but I overdid the sugar.
    Does it really matter if theres too much sugar?

16. dior

dior Senior Member

i just got back from weat pasting its awsome and c3zr one

1.)ya i know the text is wack dont worry thats not my handstyle its just me trying to write neatly and i was to lazy to print some text

2.)i noticed the size problem really fast today, do you think that a gnome on one whole paper and the text on another half sheet will be big anoughf also i ran out of sticker paper and maybe its just me but i dont think sticker paper works that good in the cold weather

3.) ill out line my next batch with a fat marker

ps- i really didnt know the song

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  17. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

ai43.tinypic.com_2epkawh.jpg
    got a screenprinter for xmas so i went to work making like 17 of these
    i used a paintbrush for the orange

18. dior

dior Senior Member

nice posters and are sceeen printers easy to use i was thinking of getting one

19. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

yea. thats my first design i made with it, it was pretty easy.

20. Cesk

Cesk Banned

How'd you get the image in the screen?