Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Olick

Olick Elite Member

with or without pump?

i kno u can order som off of arrowmark but as for the actual pilot bodys i have no idea.

pilot america makes thier own markers. so right now my guess ur best chance to get empty pilots is to call pilot themselves n ask.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  2. I Hold The Throne

I Hold The Throne Member

Has anyone actually made that LEATHER PAINT MIX from the Inks and Recipes thread? If so how is it and do u got a vid on youtube or something

3. illadelph

illadelph Elite Member

I don't know about leather dye and paint,only because I never tried to mix the two...leather dye and ink most definitely works....try paint and woodstain...I know if you mix two different kinds of ink together (dye-based mixed with pigmented) it doesn't work out too well,so I would guess the leather dye and paint might not either...but I think homie in the post your talking about used leather dye and acrylic...which wouldn't really make sense to me...leather dye makes the stain,while the acrylic comes off with water...you would think to use oil-based paint and leather dye...but I don't know cuz.....that's just me talkin here...

4. originalhomeboy

originalhomeboy Senior Member

No diss dude but Marsh is pigmented ink and garvey is a dye ink and they mix fine.

Correct me if im wrong.

5. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

yea usually all shit mixes if its the same base, but its always to an extent, liek dont go around mixing acrylic with fuckin india ink

6. illadelph

illadelph Elite Member

u ever try and mix marsh rolmark and t-grade? it's like oil and water...that's what i meant bro...i never mixed garvey with marsh though......

7. originalhomeboy

originalhomeboy Senior Member

yeah i see what you mean bro... different densitys maybe

ive heard t-grade and garvey works a treat but.

8. illadelph

illadelph Elite Member

9. ohgawdxcarcrash

ohgawdxcarcrash Elite Member

they mix perfectly fine, but since marsh is pigmented and garvey is dye based, it gets thicker after they both mix. its sort of like putting water in Gk, the bubbles will float on the surface. except with marsh and garvey, all you have to do is just shake it again and it'll work just fine also it'll beat the buff. unlike GK if mixed with water.

10. Cesk

Cesk Banned

Yep, really nice stuff man. Just go downtown head to one of the shoe supply shit, they'll usually have leather dye there, I usually get black or violet ask them for paint for leather theyll give you whatever colour you ask and just mix that. But dont add DOT3 to it..

11. Haze..

Haze.. Senior Member

Solvent inks noob :rolleyes:

12. wpgtags

wpgtags Senior Member

i think india ink is great to thin acrylic with instead of water cuz its darker and not waterd down
    violet acrylic+
    black india ink

13. SAID

SAID Moderator

picturesssssssss.

14. MUSEone

MUSEone Elite Member

God help this thread....please....

15. SAID

SAID Moderator

hahaha so muse, hows your ink comming along hombreee?
    id text you, but you know im too caveman to buy a cellphone haha

16. MUSEone

MUSEone Elite Member

Eh. Its ok, ive gotten to the point where i dont give a shit anymore, im out getting more ups than i used to so now its more along the lines of "quantity more than quality"

Cause i mean, lets say i get 100 tags in a nite, im pretty sure only 30-40 (maybe) will bet buffed.

Pm me nig.

17. SAID

SAID Moderator

i came to that conclusion a while back and eventually got lazy, so now its either acrylic with water or bought shit.

18. MUSEone

MUSEone Elite Member

Exactly.

Did an acrylic tag the other day, im guessin the guy tried buffing it with a solevent cause the color is all over the place but the main tag is still there.

Should've used water first dumbfuck.

19. EgoZen

EgoZen Elite Member

Acrylics don`t go off with water even though they are waterbased ;)

20. SAID

SAID Moderator

yeaaap.
    happens all the time to me.